TINHIFI P1 MAX “Giant Panda" Universal In-Ear Monitor
Apr 21, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #16 of 82
What's the impression
Well, really the P1 Max has not had a total chance to burn-in yet. The RAPGO HOOK-X has more additives, yet it's also more money. The HOOK-X is $239.00 USD, compared to the MAX at $169.00 USD. When I say the HOOK-X has adds I mean the bone conduction and Piezo driver. Though the funny part is even though the P1 MAX doesn't have changeable ends on the cable to 3.5mm, 4.4mm balanced or 2.5mm balanced. Still the P1 cable is super nice for what it is. Where the HOOK-X cable actually gets slightly (only slightly) tangled at times, but it also has a better overall feel. The P1 is really good but also the HOOK-X has something? I guess I don't know yet? If anything the MAX has slightly less personality at this point in time. But that can actually go the other way after an extended listen. Meaning at times a slightly more conservative personality is better in the long run, but it takes time to get to know it. I have had the HOOK-X longer, so.....I'm closer to it. lol

But they both fit really well, and offer a big sound. The P1 MAX is low weight, where the HOOK is slightly bigger and more weighty. Sadly I don't have the Timeless 7Hz/Shuoer S12.........these are my first two planar IEMs. Probably be able to compare them better in about two days.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #17 of 82
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #20 of 82
Damn , I'd like more bass that's more then the rest. I'm still waiting for the audiophile basshead planar 😅

Well, I have the Muse HiFi Power planar and it may be the one. It has really deep, fully saturated bass that’s musical and controlled. I’m loving my pair and waiting for more experienced reviewers to get their hands on them.

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #22 of 82

Interesting, P1 MAX seem to be the most neutral of the bunch...in fact, graph is quite similar to P1plus...perhaps a hint bassier and brigther....have you both mate???

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #23 of 82
Interesting, P1 MAX seem to be the most neutral of the bunch...in fact, graph is quite similar to P1plus...perhaps a hint bassier and brigther....have you both mate???
Afraid not, the only other new planar IEM that just landed is the Muse HiFi Power and that's so far not even worthy of consideration.

btw keep in mind that the comparison graph above is normalized at 500 Hz, here's the dB normalized graph:

graph (8).png

Apr 25, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #24 of 82
Afraid not, the only other new planar IEM that just landed is the Muse HiFi Power and that's so far not even worthy of consideration.

btw keep in mind that the comparison graph above is normalized at 500 Hz, here's the dB normalized graph:

graph (8).png
yeah, i know...P1max is still the less bassy, i was expecting something more on the V shape border...since P1 and P1plus got complaint about lack of bass especially rumble...if i look at these graph Raptgo seem the answer to this complaint...S12 seem dangerous about shouty V shape syndrom...while Timeless...man, i dont know...very instable response...how does it translate mate? Is there lotta harmonic distortion or strange timbral imbalance...or god know what??

Apr 25, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #25 of 82

graph (8).png

Yeah, I’m sorry to say that the Muse Power appears to be a misfire. The bass and lower mids are solid but the upper mids and high end are… weird. It has a couple hot spikes and a couple dead areas that are hard to EQ out. I finally gave up on them and ordered Shuoer S12s.

Apr 25, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #26 of 82
yeah, i know...P1max is still the less bassy, i was expecting something more on the V shape border...since P1 and P1plus got complaint about lack of bass especially rumble...if i look at these graph Raptgo seem the answer to this complaint...S12 seem dangerous about shouty V shape syndrom...while Timeless...man, i dont know...very instable response...how does it translate mate? Is there lotta harmonic distortion or strange timbral imbalance...or god know what??
Honestly these drivers need less mid bass and much more sub-bass. They need Clairvoyance tuning as the driver is quick enough to not bleed into the mids.

Apr 26, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #27 of 82
yeah, i know...P1max is still the less bassy, i was expecting something more on the V shape border...since P1 and P1plus got complaint about lack of bass especially rumble
Honestly these drivers need less mid bass and much more sub-bass. They need Clairvoyance tuning as the driver is quick enough to not bleed into the mids.
To each their own, but I have to disagree with this one. I don't think that the P1 Max (or any in the line) was intended to compete with all of the bass boosted ortho IEMs on the market. Not everyone complained about the lack of quantity of bass (on the p1 for example). There was a reason that they were as popular as they were. These were very neutral (if on the warm but clear side). As a matter of fact, they are still above the target for diffuse field on the low end, though below the Harmon target. I still hold the OG P1 within my top 5 IEMs.

I love neutral tuning, but the good news is that if you add something like 6dB low shelf to 73Hz, you DO get a lot back. I would rather have a more neutral tuning that I can EQ than a set that is over cooked in one area that is hard to fix with EQ (obviously I would rather have a pair that is tuned perfectly for me over either choice, but that is VERY rare). I find the lack of a 3k spike on all of these (for the illusion of clarity) to be refreshing aslo.

Having said that, I do have the Timeless, and do like them very much. They are a contrast to the P1 where bass is concerned. They are definitely bass boosted, but as mentioned don't bleed into the mids or become too fatiguing. But to my ears the bass isn't as linear as I would have liked, so I have tweaked using EQ (a mid bass hump). This also holds true for the mids (too much V for me), and the highs (a bit warm in certain spots, and spikey in others).

You can see the progression of increase to bass for the P series here.

Apr 26, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #28 of 82
To each their own, but I have to disagree with this one. I don't think that the P1 Max (or any in the line) was intended to compete with all of the bass boosted ortho IEMs on the market. Not everyone complained about the lack of quantity of bass (on the p1 for example). There was a reason that they were as popular as they were. These were very neutral (if on the warm but clear side). As a matter of fact, they are still above the target for diffuse field on the low end, though below the Harmon target. I still hold the OG P1 within my top 5 IEMs.

I love neutral tuning, but the good news is that if you add something like 6dB low shelf to 73Hz, you DO get a lot back. I would rather have a more neutral tuning that I can EQ than a set that is over cooked in one area that is hard to fix with EQ (obviously I would rather have a pair that is tuned perfectly for me over either choice, but that is VERY rare). I find the lack of a 3k spike on all of these (for the illusion of clarity) to be refreshing aslo.

Having said that, I do have the Timeless, and do like them very much. They are a contrast to the P1 where bass is concerned. They are definitely bass boosted, but as mentioned don't bleed into the mids or become too fatiguing. But to my ears the bass isn't as linear as I would have liked, so I have tweaked using EQ (a mid bass hump). This also holds true for the mids (too much V for me), and the highs (a bit warm in certain spots, and spikey in others).

You can see the progression of increase to bass for the P series here.
Don't get me wrong bro, i dont want P1plus to be V shape or U shape bassy....just more extended in sub bass region so it can have minimal rumble or resonance. If it have the bass of HZsound Mirror i would be in heaven! By the way, have you try those HZ marvel? It might be up your alley.

To each their own indeed, since I don't use EQ (to have more reason to collect infinite IEM flavor hehe)

Apr 26, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #29 of 82
Don't get me wrong bro, i dont want P1plus to be V shape or U shape bassy....just more extended in sub bass region so it can have minimal rumble or resonance. If it have the bass of HZsound Mirror i would be in heaven! By the way, have you try those HZ marvel? It might be up your alley.

To each their own indeed, since I don't use EQ (to have more reason to collect infinite IEM flavor hehe)
P1+ is definitely similar level bass to the heartmirror.

Apr 26, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #30 of 82
P1+ is definitely similar level bass to the heartmirror.
yep very similar, perhaps its dynamic driver behavior that differ since i find sub bass more rumbly and hint more extended. I find bass cleaner too and overall quality better.

What part of P1plus sound you prefer mate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back