TINHIFI P1 MAX “Giant Panda" Universal In-Ear Monitor
Apr 28, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #46 of 82
Would you consider the P1 Max to be more resolving then the trn bax? While I'm curious about EST drivers I still like single driver planar IEMs. The most interesting factor about these IEMs is getting the most resolution at an affordable price.
It's not all that complicated as some may make it out to be. The P1 MAX Giant Panda has a cohesive sound due to everything coming from one place. The Bax is the consummate Hybrid and sounds like it. The Bax has sounds attempting to be joined from three sources, the Panda one. That's all it is in a nut shell........................it depends what you want. Truly they are complementary not in opposition to one another. But..........they are more complementary due to structure of sound. Tone too, but the Bax is wild, the Panda way way less wild. Also one is small, the Panda, and one is huge...the Bax. Panda fits better. I like both though?

Edit:

Also the Bax has a way bigger soundstage size, where the Panda offers a still 3D and nice soundstage.................ultimately it’s slightly more compact.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #47 of 82
Repost From TINHIFI Impressions Thread.
The Panda is absolutely amazing. The fact that I finished my review and I have soo/too many IEMs, you would think I would stop listening. The character is truly first rate. These sound way too good for the price asked. They are totally unique, though I only have 2 planar IEMs, so I don't know how they compare to the 7Hz or S12?

None the less, the bass is very fast, agile and fun! I wouldn't totally judge bass these have by the graph. Reason being is there is incredible bass, it's clear and super tight! The tightness is maybe what is coming out in the graph? My history is so strange to begin with with this IEM. I actually didn't like it, due to the bass. I ran it in for 100 hours and took a full day away from it. Then when I came back it had bass? So it may have been a case of mental adaption? But whatever it is I don't care.

I still need to get to Inception and Bladerunner, but I already know it's going to be fantastic. The P1 MAX is in their element. Also I can listen to other genres and they are fine. It's just I never heard this once-in-a-liftime magic before with the two Batman soundtracks. Those are also my favorites.

There is a 3D imaging that is uncanny. The soundstage is actually round, though maybe slightly less than I described in my review? I don't know? But even the high-highs are super high-up. The response very very special.

The treble in the very first song of Batman v Superman has this interesting pitch that must be exactly like it's suppose to be, way, way up there in the song "Beautiful Lie".

The bass is super fast and textured. It's almost like you can't get anymore texture from the recording? That and the transient response is world class.

I’m using Sony Hybrid Tips and 1Z/1A.

the-dark-knight-rises-500a57d810a77.jpg
batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-57fbe777d86e8.jpg
inception-609ca20e02087.jpg
blade-runner-2049-59e53eb4959a4.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #48 of 82

Mind If I Cut In?

The reverberated piano lasts forever. When the bass drops around 2:09 it’s epic!

Underground Army

The intro is so loud and deep. Those sounds have a tiny impulse along with the bass, the combination of sounds Da,Da,Da Da,DaDa——-Da.

Also the ambient part the way it’s way out in the soundstage.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #49 of 82

New review by someone!

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #52 of 82
Interesting take. He thinks it’s too flat?

If you just concentrate on FR, he is kinda saying that? The reason there is confusion on the "flat" subject is because "flat" doest actually exist. There are "ideas" of flat.

He thinks the other Planar IEMs have more contrast, and such extra contast affects upper-midrange presentation/ perception. That some people have issues with that "brightness" and the Panda has less of it. Also that the contrast brings detail, which being the Panda has less of, makes it not as good. Thus the Panda tuning is unique in the Planar world but the rest of the technicalities (it has) have nothing super special about them and are average. Though it's interesting to me his ideas about the bass. Where I look at the Panda as having slightly less than average bass? He never reiterated on how special the Panda fit/weight is? If he thinks the Panda is forgiving, I wonder what the HOOK-X is going to be like for him?

He didn't like the TRN Bax at all, though HBB was OK with it, others love it, including myself.

Basically every single Panda review is slightly different. After ChiFi Audio Reviews video I tried the wide bore tips again and they absolutely increase the soundstage, though the issue with them is they also lower the bass. That is the main reason I still use the Sony Hybrid Tips as they are a good rendition of both bass and soundstage. The other included "red core" tips work especially well as far as fit and mounting onto the IEM, but alas they too don't get the bass where I like it.

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #53 of 82
Looking forward to this IEM. I love how their frequency response looks like (I trust TinHiFi's tuning after the T3 Plus) and I rarely agree with gizaudio's opinions.

Other planar IEM I've owned is the 7hz Timeless, which were amazing but they didn't quite do it for me cause I found them very sibilant no matter how much EQ I applied - not only, the treble just had too much presence and body compared to the midrange. Also, somewhere between 200hz-500hz some weird things were going on, they resonated like HELL (tip swapping didn't help)... maybe it was a faulty unit, as I've never seen that mentioned in reviews/discussions.

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #54 of 82
Looking forward to this IEM. I love how their frequency response looks like (I trust TinHiFi's tuning after the T3 Plus) and I rarely agree with gizaudio's opinions.

Other planar IEM I've owned is the 7hz Timeless, which were amazing but they didn't quite do it for me cause I found them very sibilant no matter how much EQ I applied - the treble just had too much presence and body compared to the midrange. Also, somewhere between 200hz-500hz some weird things were going on, they resonated like HELL (tip swapping didn't help)... maybe it was a faulty unit, as I've never seen that mentioned in reviews/discussions.

Did you consider the Shuoer S12?

May 7, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #56 of 82
Right, well I have never tried the S12, but yes, is seems the Panda is mellower in the treble area. The fit is incredible, though I mean I get what he is saying even for how incredibly fun the Panda is, it’s not the last word in treble detail or expanded treble elements. You only notice it kinda in hindsight, meaning after I start using the $1850 Noble Encore, then I realize that yes, there could be more treble detail, but still I didn’t miss anything while I was using the Panda. It was only in hindsight after switching to an IEM many times more money.

Other planar IEM I've owned is the 7hz Timeless, which were amazing but they didn't quite do it for me cause I found them very sibilant no matter how much EQ I applied - not only, the treble just had too much presence and body compared to the midrange. Also, somewhere between 200hz-500hz some weird things were going on, they resonated like HELL (tip swapping didn't help)... maybe it was a faulty unit, as I've never seen that mentioned in reviews/discussions.

Did you consider the Shuoer S12?

I bet they're technical marvels too, but from graphs it looks even more treble centric than the Timeless, so naturally, I've avoided them like the plague lol. I also think they're ugly as sin.

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #57 of 82
I bet they're technical marvels too, but from graphs it looks even more treble centric than the Timeless, so naturally, I've avoided them like the plague lol. I also think they're ugly as sin.

Interesting. I have the S12 and I don’t find them especially treble heavy, but the only other planar I own at the moment is the Muse Power and it’s very bright. I intend to try the Big Panda too…

May 7, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #58 of 82
Interesting. I have the S12 and I don’t find them especially treble heavy, but the only other planar I own at the moment is the Muse Power and it’s very bright. I intend to try the Big Panda too…
Brightness is subjective, it also may be affected my the shape of the ear canal and listeners age. I’m going to have to study the reviews on the Muse Power, let’s see if there is a community opinion on its tune? I do know off hand it hasn’t been given the greatest reviews!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back