TINHIFI P1 MAX “Giant Panda" Universal In-Ear Monitor
Apr 26, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #32 of 82
Still the vocals and natural sound , I have the p1 as well and waiting for the p1max to arrive
I love the (female) vocal too and this crazy fast treble, man, some solo percussions can be soooo stunning in speedy snap and timing. But this fit....no issue with it? Thas no1 reason why im ultra excited about the MAX, it seem more ergonomic (but quite bigger too!)

Apr 26, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #33 of 82
I love the (female) vocal too and this crazy fast treble, man, some solo percussions can be soooo stunning in speedy snap and timing. But this fit....no issue with it? Thas no1 reason why im ultra excited about the MAX, it seem more ergonomic (but quite bigger too!)
I don't have issues with fit

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #34 of 82
Don't get me wrong bro, i dont want P1plus to be V shape or U shape bassy....just more extended in sub bass region so it can have minimal rumble or resonance. If it have the bass of HZsound Mirror i would be in heaven! By the way, have you try those HZ marvel? It might be up your alley.

To each their own indeed, since I don't use EQ (to have more reason to collect infinite IEM flavor hehe)
IC what your saying. In that case I would have to agree. I think the P1 needed a tad bit more sub-bass (for a touch of rumble, on that we agree), though not more bass overall IMO. I have not heard the HZSound, but will research it. Thanks for the rec!

Don't get me wrong, I love bassy IEMs also (as long as it isn't overpowering, muddy, or fatiguing). My current favorite pair is the iBasso IT07, and they are definitely bass boosted (not basshead, but what I would call audiophile basshead :)). They are kind of a Frankenstein, in that they are both fun AND analytical in a hard way to describe. And money has never been a deciding factor for me, it just so happens that the IT07 are up there in price (and really worth more if you ask me). Heck, I have a pair (actually 3) of CCA CRA, and I absolutely love them, even though they are super bass boosted. :)

Not all of my gear is neutral because sometimes I just find it boring. But that is why I search for unique and different "gems" among the masses. I am hoping that the P1 Max might be it. Though looking at the graphs, I think they might still be a bit warm for my tastes (I already have that with the P1 OG). If nothing else, I am looking for side grades or compliments to the orthos I already own. I originally bought the OG P1 because they are tuned similarly to my (beloved) Hifiman HE400S (not the newer HE400SE, or the HE400, or the HE400I, confused yet? :)).

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #35 of 82
Oh I had fitment issues with the P1 also. I found a way around it (for me). I took an old pair of crappy tips, and cut out the core of one of them (medium to long works best), then cut that in half horizontally, having two cores. Then I put one on each IEM as a spacer to hold the tip out further (the fitment issue with the P1 was the angle but also, and moreso how short the stem was). Now they fit pretty darned good!

I can see this new style fitting a lot of people better than the previous style, though I think I will miss them being so small (I won't miss them looking like a 4 iron though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). The new ones look pretty big for a single driver.

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #36 of 82
Oh I had fitment issues with the P1 also. I found a way around it (for me). I took an old pair of crappy tips, and cut out the core of one of them (medium to long works best), then cut that in half horizontally, having two cores. Then I put one on each IEM as a spacer to hold the tip out further (the fitment issue with the P1 was the angle but also, and moreso how short the stem was). Now they fit pretty darned good!

I can see this new style fitting a lot of people better than the previous style, though I think I will miss them being so small (I won't miss them looking like a 4 iron though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). The new ones look pretty big for a single driver.
The design looks more normal for the new p1max

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #37 of 82

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #39 of 82
Edit: Monday May 2nd, 2022
The bass has changed with the Panda, it’s almost exactly perfect now! Though that may be subjective?
.....................................................................................
My thoughts about the P1 MAX. While they may be appealing to many they just don’t have the bass and lower midrange I’m into.

I have spent days writing a review, I even burned them in for 100 hours. But they are not only missing in the lows, they seem to not offer all that much personality? Meaning they are very “by-the-book” to me. Keep in mind I have not heard the 7Hz or S12. Still for my money the RAPTGO HOOK-X is the way to go.

On a positive note the TINHIFI P1 MAX fits killer! It’s really a sports IEM, with a planar driver! Some people may groove on the tuning but I’m simply not into it.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #40 of 82
My thoughts about the P1 MAX. While they may be appealing to many they just don’t have the bass and lower midrange I’m into.

I have spent days writing a review, I even burned them in for 100 hours. But they are not only missing in the lows, they seem to not offer all that much personality? Meaning they are very “by-the-book” to me. Keep in mind I have not heard the 7Hz or S12. Still for my money the RAPTGO HOOK-X is the way to go.

On a positive note the TINHIFI P1 MAX fits killer! It’s really a sports IEM, with a planar driver! Some people may groove on the tuning but I’m simply not into it.
Have you heard the OG P1? If so, how does the bass of the P1 Max compare to those? After watching the video you posted, they seem like something very good for me. I have the 7Hz and while I enjoy them, I also really enjoy the texture and speed of the bass on the P1 (though, as mentioned earlier, could have a bit more sub-bass at the lowest end).

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #41 of 82
Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #42 of 82
Right! All this is subjective to a fault. I have not heard the TINHIFI P1. The only two TINs I heard was the TINHIFI T5, which was very bad, so bad it doesn’t even make the list of what I own, and the T1S.

The USD $20 TINHIFI T1S.........I love!
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tinhifi-t1s-universal-in-ear-monitor.25813/reviews#review-28397:hearts:
I hear that! The P1 is the one Tin I own currently.

Same for me with the (once upon a time lauded) Xioami Piston II ($20), and the CCA CRA ($13). Love them both! As mentioned earlier, I am always on the lookout for those "gems". iBasso IT01S was another of those, or the Audiosense T800. I normally avoid the masses in hopes of finding a good one. I try and read as much as I can from those that have a similar taste in sound as I do. Or looking at targets in comparison to graphs helps me a lot too. For instance, if Crinacle doesn't like an IEM (as long as there isn't something totally crazy about it), chances are I will like it. So, even in disagree(ances) with my tastes his reviews are helpful to me:)

From what I saw from the video, and your own thoughts, it sounds like the P1 Max sound really good, just not the signature you like. This is most helpful for me....:thumbsup:

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #43 of 82
My gosh. this has been such a long journey. I am finishing up the PLANAR WARS Review. It's going to be a long one. It will post it about 5 hours. But there was much more revealed about the Giant Panda. It's different again?

Lucky I was able to take the time to have a factual and complete review produced.

In Summery:

The HOOK-X is better with soundstage, but still it has less detail then the Giant Panda. There is also a (HOOK-X) Hybrid effect which enables the Panda to be way way better (coherent) with certain music. The PANDA has become noticeably better than I thought once I discovered what it was good at. And it's truly good at a lot. Review to follow today.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 6:22 AM Post #44 of 82
Apr 28, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #45 of 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Back