Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #256 of 673
Thanks to those who helped me fixed my mmcx cable. It has saved me buying another pair of iem (i was going to get the TRN st1).

Much appreciated. Video helped a lot. Buy the way i used a pair of scewdrivers as my ring had a big split.

Aug 18, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #257 of 673
Thanks to those who helped me fixed my mmcx cable. It has saved me buying another pair of iem (i was going to get the TRN st1).

Much appreciated. Video helped a lot. Buy the way i used a pair of scewdrivers as my ring had a big split.
And no finger lacerations sustained!

Aug 18, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #258 of 673
No, did it with a small screwdriver. I'm not sure how long it will work for but its good at the moment.

Just out of interest. What do people prefer. MMCX or two pin?

I've heard 2 pin is more reliable and doesn't break as often. Is that true?

Aug 18, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #259 of 673
Just out of interest. What do people prefer. MMCX or two pin?

I've heard 2 pin is more reliable and doesn't break as often. Is that true?
Most people prefer 2 pin. It is more reliable and less finicky. It is much better if wanting to change out cables frequently. One problem is that there are so many variations.

Aug 19, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #262 of 673
Thank you retrospectively, as I just bought this exact cable from Linsoul (2.5 mm balanced to MMCX, silver) today for my T2 Plus.
When people want to buy a solid affordable cable from Amazon, I usually recommend the Tripowin C8 or Zonie 16. I tend to like the Zonie 16 more despite the lower price.

Aug 20, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #264 of 673
Sep 13, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #266 of 673
Also late to the party, but just wanted to say that after trying the BLON BL-03, the iBasso IT00, and the JadeAudio EA1, the T2+ is hands down the best sub-$100 option for me amongst those four... it even gets 90-95% of the way to the FiiO FH3. The BL-03 has too much bass bloat and general sloppiness, the IT00 was great but a little too warm and thick in the lower mids for some genres, and the EA1 was really nice but slightly metallic in its timbre at points and also occasionally a bit shouty. The T2+ is just a gem. It's not as resolving as higher-end IEMs, but the tuning is just fantastic for practically any genre and the technicalities are more than enough for the price point. I don't feel the FH3 does enough better to justify its significantly higher price point.

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #268 of 673
I bought the T2 but they were too fatiguing for me so I returned them and I took the t2 plus,I like them but I don't have the pleasure that I had with the T2 , I don't know what to do.

What are your preferred music genres?

And preferred sound signature - neutral, V shaped, treblehead/treble sensitive, basshead/bass averse, midcentric?

Maybe that will help the community give u some good recommendations.

Sep 24, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #270 of 673
Yes thanks, I prefer the neutral or the mid centric. I don't like the v signature.

Hmm I can suggest these options to read about:

1) Hisenior B5+ - midcentric, 5 knowles BA. Has subbass and higher treble roll off, so not so all rounder but very good for vocals. Above average technical performance and timbre. Soundstage average, good isolation.

2) HZSound Heart Mirror - neutralish bright, single DD. Excellent technicalities and timbre for a single DD. Average soundstage. Needs amping to scale better. Also does better with warm sources as the upper mids is boosted so this evens it out. It isn't too harsh or fatiguing in the upper mids.

3) CVJ CS8 - 3BA + 1DD hybrid. Neutralish bright. Good technicalities. But timbre isn't the best. Thin note weight and analytical. Upper mids occasionally hot with sibilance. Cheap.

4) Toneking Ninetails - single DD set. Has rear and front tuning filters to give 9 different sound signatures, from basshead to V shaped to more neutralish. Good timbre and tonality. Looks weird but is comfortable, good soundstage. Poor isolation.

Good luck in your search!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back