Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Sep 26, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #286 of 672
Unless you're a basshead, I think the T2+ is much better in terms of versatility, balance, and most technicalities. I couldn't stand the mid-bass bloat and bleed on the BLON. But if you want the bass to really floor you then you might prefer the BLON.
I am kinda a basshead, but does the t2+ have at least some bassiness to it? Sorry, I'm kind of a scrub ngl. Like; I want to feel it rumble in my ears, but I don't want it to be exclusively bass which is why I'm hesitant on bl03.

Sep 26, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #287 of 672
I am kinda a basshead, but does the t2+ have at least some bassiness to it? Sorry, I'm kind of a scrub ngl. Like; I want to feel it rumble in my ears, but I don't want it to be exclusively bass which is why I'm hesitant on bl03.
Yes, the T2+ is definitely not lacking in bass. With good fit/tips (easily obtainable with what's included in the box IMO), you'll definitely get some sub-bass rumble on the T2+, and even more mid-bass (though the extension is pretty linear with only a slight sub-bass rolloff). I do find that the BLON bass colors the mids too much for my preferences, but I listen to a lot of acoustic music and if you don't then it might not bother you.

Sep 26, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #288 of 672
Yes, the T2+ is definitely not lacking in bass. With good fit/tips (easily obtainable with what's included in the box IMO), you'll definitely get some sub-bass rumble on the T2+, and even more mid-bass (though the extension is pretty linear with only a slight sub-bass rolloff). I do find that the BLON bass colors the mids too much for my preferences, but I listen to a lot of acoustic music and if you don't then it might not bother you.
Ah. Guess I'll go with the T2+ then. I was sick of waiting for the moondrop SSP tbh. Thanks King.

Sep 26, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #290 of 672
e3k

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #292 of 672
I wonder if Tin HiFi/Linsoul are playing with Tin HiFi's reputation. When I first got the T2 many moons ago, Tin HiFi was the value brand, but not at the expense of quality sound. In a couple of years, the P2 is over double the price of the P1. Where are they going?

Oct 12, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #293 of 672
need a comparison please,
Tin T2+, Final Audio E3000,

thank you,

Oct 12, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #294 of 672
need a comparison please,
Tin T2+, Final Audio E3000,

thank you,

Both are pretty good single DD sets at sub $50 USD.
Tin T2+ is a mild U shape, Final E3000 is more V to L shaped (bass heavier on Final E3000).

Timbre and tonality are good on the Tin T2+, just that it lacks dynamics for me, and is a bit boring. Soundstage and imaging isn't as good as the Final E3000.
Tin T2+ has a bit more treble than the treble shy Final E3000. Bass is a bit tighter on the Tin T2+, but Final E3000 has more midbass quantity. I find Final E3000 smoother and thicker in note weight, with a warmer tonality. Final E3000's tonality is coloured with a thick midbass and mids, but is smooth and non fatiguing, timbre is good. Soundstage and imaging is one of the best at the sub $50 region for the Final E3000.

Final E3000 has a fixed cable, so that may be a deal breaker, but there's many reports in audio forums of wonky MMCX in the Tin T2+ (my set included), so best to buy Tin T2+ from somewhere like Amazon in case u need a robust return's policy. Between a fixed cable and a wonky MMCX, that's a tough decision haha.

Both sets have poor isolation, the Final E3000 being worse than the Tin T2+, but I wouldn't bring both sets on the subway for hearing protection.

Overall I think u won't go wrong with both sets. Final E3000 is better for chill smooth non fatiguing listening sessions. Tin T2+ does nothing wrong for me except it lacks a bit of dynamics for certain genres, and the MMCX QC problems may or may not affect you, so YMMV.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #295 of 672
Let's get to the elephant in the room:
They're metal. That means they get cold, very cold, in winter.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I'm thinking some thermally resistant spray, paint or tape that I could apply on the "ear" side of the shell, leaving the faceplate exposed as well as small areas around any vent holes :thinking:

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #296 of 672
Let's get to the elephant in the room:
They're metal. That means they get cold, very cold, in winter.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I'm thinking some thermally resistant spray, paint or tape that I could apply on the "ear" side of the shell, leaving the faceplate exposed as well as small areas around any vent holes :thinking:
rBVaSVvcACqAb48oAACw_5EdpXc335.jpg

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #297 of 672
Both sets have poor isolation, the Final E3000 being worse than the Tin T2+, but I wouldn't bring both sets on the subway for hearing protection.

Do you have any suggestions for an IEM with better isolation in the 50 €/$ area? Or at least below 100 €/$? It seems all the Tins have a poor isolation, at least my P1 isolates quite nothing.
Looking for something to wear in a noisy (but not super loud) factory hall.

Thanks!

EDIT: They need to have MMCX connectors, so I can use them with BT neckband.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #298 of 672
Do you have any suggestions for an IEM with better isolation in the 50 €/$ area? Or at least below 100 €/$? It seems all the Tins have a poor isolation, at least my P1 isolates quite nothing.
Looking for something to wear in a noisy (but not super loud) factory hall.

Thanks!

EDIT: They need to have MMCX connectors, so I can use them with BT neckband.

Generally the ones that have best passive isolation are the BA types (which generally aren't vented). The dynamic driver ones tend to be vented and let in noise. Custom IEMs have the best isolation, but they aren't cheap, plus ear moulds have to be made before hand. U might also have issues reselling the customs in the future.

So far the IEMs with the best passive isolation I have tried are the etymotics, but they have deep insertion and were pretty uncomfortable, I had to return them. They give almost 40 dB isolation, and sound very good, but I couldn't get past the comfort, maybe u can try to see if it suits you. I see them going at below $100 for some models sometimes on Amazon.

See if u can try some pure BA sets like the Audiosense T180, T260, T300, they are pretty neutralish with good technicalities and good isolation. They look like little Westones in shape and isolation. They are very different from the Tin line up DD sets as the bass decay on BA sets is less in extension and decay. They use MMCX connectors and range in price from cheapest to most expensive.

One other set that I use purely for isolation is the DUNU DM480. It is a dual DD set, but is not vented (rare in a DD). It has above average technicalities, V shaped. Subbass is like a subwoofer. It has poor timbre though, so not the best for vocal lovers or those that like acoustic instruments. Unfortunately the DUNU DM480 uses 2 pin connectors.

Hope the others can help too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back