Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Sep 24, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #271 of 673
Hmm I can suggest these options to read about:

1) Hisenior B5+ - midcentric, 5 knowles BA. Has subbass and higher treble roll off, so not so all rounder but very good for vocals. Above average technical performance and timbre. Soundstage average, good isolation.

2) HZSound Heart Mirror - neutralish bright, single DD. Excellent technicalities and timbre for a single DD. Average soundstage. Needs amping to scale better. Also does better with warm sources as the upper mids is boosted so this evens it out. It isn't too harsh or fatiguing in the upper mids.

3) CVJ CS8 - 3BA + 1DD hybrid. Neutralish bright. Good technicalities. But timbre isn't the best. Thin note weight and analytical. Upper mids occasionally hot with sibilance. Cheap.

4) Toneking Ninetails - single DD set. Has rear and front tuning filters to give 9 different sound signatures, from basshead to V shaped to more neutralish. Good timbre and tonality. Looks weird but is comfortable, good soundstage. Poor isolation.

Good luck in your search!
thanks

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #272 of 673
I bought the T2 but they were too fatiguing for me so I returned them and I took the t2 plus,I like them but I don't have the pleasure that I had with the T2 , I don't know what to do.
Maybe the Final Audio E1000? It has a similar tuning to the T2, but with less treble, so perhaps less fatiguing.

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #273 of 673
Maybe the Final Audio E1000? It has a similar tuning to the T2, but with less treble, so perhaps less fatiguing.
Yup, that is a good rec (the Type E tips are a BIG bonus). But not sure if the E1000 is on the level on the T2 in terms of technicalities (dont have the T2 so cant say for sure).

Sep 24, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #274 of 673
Yup, that is a good rec (the Type E tips are a BIG bonus). But not sure if the E1000 is on the level on the T2 in terms of technicalities (dont have the T2 so cant say for sure).
I would rate the technicalities (not the tuning of course) of the T2 as similar to the BL03.

Sep 24, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #275 of 673
I would rate the technicalities (not the tuning of course) of the T2 as similar to the BL03.
Then it might be a bit better in technicalities than the E1000. Although I dont really remember how the 03 sound like in stock so I can be wrong about that.

Sep 26, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #278 of 673
I just recently got the Tin T2 Plus, and I love it. Sound, fit, comfort... almost exceptional for the price of $50.

But, I'm quite unlucky. First my Fiio FH3 was delivered with some serious driver flex / noise on the left airbud before the bass just died, (luckily I got a refund), but now I have connection issues with the MMCX connector on the T2+ as well.

I found I lose sound on the right earbud, when "twirling" the MMCX about half way around. There's some point it goes silent.
Luckily it's no problem when it's in the right position (cord over the ear), but I'm afraid I will lose connection over time in any position of the connector.
When "twirling" the connector to the point I lose sound, I can very gently touch the connector/cable and the sound is there.

Please know I'm very careful both when connecting the cable, and "twirling" etc.

What do I do?

Sep 26, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #279 of 673
I just recently got the Tin T2 Plus, and I love it. Sound, fit, comfort... almost exceptional for the price of $50.

But, I'm quite unlucky. First my Fiio FH3 was delivered with some serious driver flex / noise on the left airbud before the bass just died, (luckily I got a refund), but now I have connection issues with the MMCX connector on the T2+ as well.

I found I lose sound on the right earbud, when "twirling" the MMCX about half way around. There's some point it goes silent.
Luckily it's no problem when it's in the right position (cord over the ear), but I'm afraid I will lose connection over time in any position of the connector.
When "twirling" the connector to the point I lose sound, I can very gently touch the connector/cable and the sound is there.

Please know I'm very careful both when connecting the cable, and "twirling" etc.

What do I do?
Try switching the cable around (L to R, R to L). If the issue moves to the other side, then it's probably the cable.

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #281 of 673

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #282 of 673
Tried it, and the problem is still on the right. :frowning2:
Man, sorry to hear you keep getting hit with these issues. I would ask the vendor to replace them for sure.

Sep 26, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #285 of 673
Should I go for the T2 Plus or Blon BL03?
I usually listen to hip-hop/rap, but I also listen to a broad amount of genres like r&b and rock.
Unless you're a basshead, I think the T2+ is much better in terms of versatility, balance, and most technicalities. I couldn't stand the mid-bass bloat and bleed on the BLON. But if you want the bass to really floor you then you might prefer the BLON.

Edit: the bass on the T2+ is, I feel, of better quality than the BLON, though certainly less quantity. YMMV as always.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back