Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Aug 12, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #226 of 673
I find the T4 to be remarkably capable, with really good resolution and detail retrieval, dynamics, transients, etc. The complaints that some have are usually about the tuning, like you mentioned.

What’s even more remarkable is the T2 Plus, especially for the price.

I really quite enjoy the tuning and I think that upper mid elevation overall helps in terms of separation and such. Just at certain times I notice a thinness to male vocals and electric guitars, or some snare hits a bit forward... The warm, lush Opus 11, however, seems to tame things and now I just hear a beautiful, detailed, natural sound. I don't know why I didn't test this combo out earlier.

Had I not purchased the T4 last winter, the T2 Plus would probably be at the top of my list. I've been reading this thread and the posted reviews and it sounds like it can't be beat for the money. How would you say it compares to the T4? Both tuning wise and technicalities? I love the T4 for it's quick/fast response, not bloated. And it will still take a heavy bass EQ like a champ with great depth and speed.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #227 of 673
Had I not purchased the T4 last winter, the T2 Plus would probably be at the top of my list. I've been reading this thread and the posted reviews and it sounds like it can't be beat for the money. How would you say it compares to the T4? Both tuning wise and technicalities? I love the T4 for it's quick/fast response, not bloated. And it will still take a heavy bass EQ like a champ with great depth and speed.
The T4 is more sub bass biased, whereas the T2+ has quite a lot of mid bass, and is warmer. The mid bass of the T2+ doesn‘t smear the mids, though I prefer the more clean and analytical sound of the T4’s bass. The upper mids of the T2+ are not quite as accentuated as the T4’s, so it’s a little smoother and has less potential to sound shouty. The treble extension seems a little more on the T2+, but it is a more resonant, wet, splashy treble. It‘s the technicalities that surprised me most with the T2+. To me, they seem equivalent to those of the T4, with really good resolution, detail retrieval, transient response, etc. I haven’t tried using EQ with either of them. Personally, I like the T4 slightly more, also, the fit of the T2+ works, but is not great for me. The T2+ build is a lot better/more robust. Overall, while there are differences, I do find them quite redundant, so if you have one, probably no need for the other.

Aug 13, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #228 of 673
The T4 is more sub bass biased, whereas the T2+ has quite a lot of mid bass, and is warmer. The mid bass of the T2+ doesn‘t smear the mids, though I prefer the more clean and analytical sound of the T4’s bass. The upper mids of the T2+ are not quite as accentuated as the T4’s, so it’s a little smoother and has less potential to sound shouty. The treble extension seems a little more on the T2+, but it is a more resonant, wet, splashy treble. It‘s the technicalities that surprised me most with the T2+. To me, they seem equivalent to those of the T4, with really good resolution, detail retrieval, transient response, etc. I haven’t tried using EQ with either of them. Personally, I like the T4 slightly more, also, the fit of the T2+ works, but is not great for me. The T2+ build is a lot better/more robust. Overall, while there are differences, I do find them quite redundant, so if you have one, probably no need for the other.
I have both, and I am hearing what you are hearing, I agree with your comments above. I really like the T4 but I think I am beginning to prefer the T2 plus for its natural and fatigue-free sound. I have 48 hours on the T2 plus now and it really is a star. Review coming soon.

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #229 of 673
I have both, and I am hearing what you are hearing, I agree with your comments above. I really like the T4 but I think I am beginning to prefer the T2 plus for its natural and fatigue-free sound. I have 48 hours on the T2 plus now and it really is a star. Review coming soon.
I definitely can understand why people would prefer the T2+ over the T4. I think the T2+ is a safer recommendation, and not just b/c of price. It exceeded my expectations.

Aug 13, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #230 of 673

Listening to this via the Sonata HD Pro into the T2 Plus is literally bringing tears to my eyes... no kidding

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #231 of 673
My T2 plus with Meizu Hifi Pro , better timbre/seperation and soundstage vs my Zorloo Ztella ( warmer ) . love em . wish the low-mids to 1k are bit more pronounced not in volume much but in quality/coherency maybe i guess?!. as it now its quite sterile mid to treble. still highly enjoyable for the price. IMHO .

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #232 of 673

Thank you much. I greatly appreciate your comparison among these two IEMs. Based on your descriptions, I think the T4 is the right one for me. Understandably, I can't make judgement of the T2 Plus having never heard it, but based on what you're telling me of it's character, I feel good about the T4. I do appreciate it's more analytical sound, and quick bass. After my VE Duke died, I wanted something more analytical/neutral vs big bass/warm sounding IEMs (though I don't consider the T4 neutral, with it's sub bass elevation and upper midrange- the tuning doesn't smear details and remains fun). That said, the T2 Plus still sounds great and like something I could potentially recommend for friends to try with a bit safer tuning than the T4.

Aug 14, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #233 of 673
Thank you much. I greatly appreciate your comparison among these two IEMs. Based on your descriptions, I think the T4 is the right one for me. Understandably, I can't make judgement of the T2 Plus having never heard it, but based on what you're telling me of it's character, I feel good about the T4. I do appreciate it's more analytical sound, and quick bass. After my VE Duke died, I wanted something more analytical/neutral vs big bass/warm sounding IEMs (though I don't consider the T4 neutral, with it's sub bass elevation and upper midrange- the tuning doesn't smear details and remains fun). That said, the T2 Plus still sounds great and like something I could potentially recommend for friends to try with a bit safer tuning than the T4.
I agree. For anyone who has the T4 and likes it, I don’t think there’s any reason to get the T2+. The vice versa applies as well. Enjoy!

Aug 17, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #234 of 673

Listening to this via the Sonata HD Pro into the T2 Plus is literally bringing tears to my eyes... no kidding

Ah! A Vangelis fan. Wonderful! This sounds spectacular on the T2 plus:

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #235 of 673
My T3 cable is loose now (spinning around) and both ears are cutting out. I got them off amazon so i guess i could return them, but i'm thinking of just getting a better cable. Does anybody know a good cable that's not to expensive and is available on amazon?

Or is there a way to fix it? I'm kinda sick that it broke so quickly, 6 months.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #236 of 673
My T3 cable is loose now (spinning around) and both ears are cutting out. I got them off amazon so i guess i could return them, but i'm thinking of just getting a better cable. Does anybody know a good cable that's not to expensive and is available on amazon?

Tripowin Zonie 16

Aug 17, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #237 of 673

Is the problem with the cable, or earphone?

Aug 17, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #238 of 673
Is the problem with the cable, or earphone?

I'm sure its with the connectors. When i got them they were tight. Now they move around.

I guess it might be a bit hard to tell which is worn. the inside of the earphone or the connector. But i think it must be the connector.

Aug 17, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #239 of 673
Aug 17, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #240 of 673
I'm sure its with the connectors. When i got them they were tight. Now they move around.

I guess it might be a bit hard to tell which is worn. the inside of the earphone or the connector. But i think it must be the connector.

Does the wire have the 'split' style mmcx or solid?

Solid.
-1856431331326306829.jpg

Split.
2039507442-1456864693.jpg

If split style you can wedge them back open with a razor blade. If solid type, I would order a cable with the split style as they fit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back