Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Jul 20, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #196 of 673
Got my Tin HiFi T2 Plus this morning and have given them a couple of hours. I immediately put L wide bore Spiral Dots on them to fit my big ear canals. The cable looks nice and is really similar looking to the NiceHCK pure silver litz cable I use 4.4mm. I've got the Tin T2, T2 Pro and the T3 so am a bit of a Tin Fan. On a quick first assessment I like these a lot. The best of the Tins to me. Surprised at the Bass and Sub Bass. Mids nice and they lean to slightly enhancing the upper mids of male vocals.......which I like. Treble fairly typical of carbon nanotube drivers and has a little sparkle, just enough. Very listenable. Thanks for all comments on the various threads, because I thought I had finished my purchases for a while, and you lot made this T2 plus seems a good buy, and I got it for a fair price. It seems Tin have got a winner......basssssssss.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #197 of 673
Got my Tin HiFi T2 Plus this morning and have given them a couple of hours. I immediately put L wide bore Spiral Dots on them to fit my big ear canals. The cable looks nice and is really similar looking to the NiceHCK pure silver litz cable I use 4.4mm. I've got the Tin T2, T2 Pro and the T3 so am a bit of a Tin Fan. On a quick first assessment I like these a lot. The best of the Tins to me. Surprised at the Bass and Sub Bass. Mids nice and they lean to slightly enhancing the upper mids of male vocals.......which I like. Treble fairly typical of carbon nanotube drivers and has a little sparkle, just enough. Very listenable. Thanks for all comments on the various threads, because I thought I had finished my purchases for a while, and you lot made this T2 plus seems a good buy, and I got it for a fair price. It seems Tin have got a winner......basssssssss.
Would you mind comparing the T2+ to the IT00 whenever you have time? The signature seems a bit different, but both seem like well balanced all-purpose IEMs.

Jul 20, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #198 of 673
Would you mind comparing the T2+ to the IT00 whenever you have time? The signature seems a bit different, but both seem like well balanced all-purpose IEMs.
I'll do some A/B listening later this evening (its 5.30 pm here). They definitely have a different presentation, but I'll listen side by side.

Jul 20, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #199 of 673
I'll do some A/B listening later this evening (its 5.30 pm here). They definitely have a different presentation, but I'll listen side by side.
Thanks. No rush, take all the time you need.

Jul 20, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #200 of 673
OK....A/B'd them. Tin Hifi T2 plus vs iBasso it00. Got quite a shock. Although the T2 plus sounds good, the iBasso it00 is almost from another universe. Layering, clarity, musicality, bass, mids and treble, everything, is just more musical and alive on the it00. I don't think anybody would see it differently. That takes nothing away from the Tin T2 plus, because they are smooth and sound good. Up against the iBasso it00, its like an ordinary mushroom T2 plus against a truffle. The sound of the it00 is 3 Michelin stars.

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #201 of 673
It's difficult when A/Bing two IEMs. The qualities and deficiencies become obvious. The best way for me is to listen to an IEM for an extended period, let brain and empirical burn in take place......and evaluate reasonings and feelings. Without A/Bing the T2 plus is a very satisfying listen. Will I use them....yes. After all these years, they have got the bass on the T2 plus......solidly there but not overblown. Not a bass monster but then that's not Tin's style. Just right. Mids and Highs too are fairly seamless and merge from mid to treble effortlessly.....but there is not a great deal of sparkle or crisp in the real highs. Listening to 'Where Do They Go', Tony Joe White, there a good sense of authority from the bass, very well executed vocal but a lack of something in the treble range. 'Wish you were here', Pink Floyd gives an enjoyable performance, staying in the T2 plus zone. Guitars and bass good. 'Reckoner' from Radiohead highlights the slight lack of timbre in the cymbal rush. Good attempt but timbre, tone and clarity are a second to the iBasso it00 and timbre to the Blon 03. All in all there is a good sense of authority to the Tin HiFi T2 plus. Bass is very well presented in a the right amount, which could not be said for the T2, but this very slightly fuzzes the mids to highs in comparison with some others. They will surely satisfy Tin T series aficionados. It just sounds 'Good' but slightly loses out on clarity when listened too alongside the best in the price range. I will certainly use them they are tuned exceptionally well. They stayed in my ears well with Spiral Dots and I fell asleep with them in.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #202 of 673
Received my Tin T2 Plus today and I do really like them. They are somewhat in your face, filled with excitement and sparkle and a little bit muddy on some tracks :) Did not do a lot of listening yet, but these are my first impressions. 👍

Jul 31, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #206 of 673
2.jpg

Roughly compared to Harman

Jul 31, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #207 of 673

Roughly compared to Harman
Which system are you using for this comparison though.
That doesn't seem like Harman to me
Here is my comparison in case someone want some information. Measurement was done using an IEC-711 coupler

Edit: And yeah I would agree, the T2+ is far from Harman from my listening session.

graph (75).png

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #208 of 673
It looks like this is the measurement from Crinacle? I measure with the Veritas for a couple of years now. I compared it roughly with my measurement of the Ety ER4XR.
Not saying that it sounds totally like Harman but for me it is not very bright more like clear.
For me the Measurement from Crinacle shows a little bit of bleeding in the lower mids. I could not say that from my unit.
But anyways the T2+ sounds good for me :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #209 of 673
It looks like this is the measurement from Crinacle
Not really, check the watermark

I compared it roughly with my measurement of the Ety ER4XR.
Ah so it was Ety as a comparison. I was slightly confused since you overlaid the graph and mentioned Harman

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #210 of 673
Not carbon nanotubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back