Tidal Lossless Streaming
Sep 26, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #4,460 of 5,203
yes you're right. I should clarify, my post was meant for iOS devices and not all devices. 😅
OK, got it. From my iPhone, I do use the Audeze Sine headphone with their supplied Cipher cable, which includes a multi band EQ. But that's specific to that headphone and not a general solution. Others might know of something else that works more generally. I think I've read somewhere on the forums about an EQ app that is called maybe "Soundworks"?

Nov 14, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #4,461 of 5,203
Every couple of day Tidal adds 1-3 playlists into MY playlists. They are mostly Vietnamese pop and techno, and I didn't subscribe to those. I delete them but other similar ones keep popping up. Any idea what's going on?

Hey -

If you look at Tidal on the Android play store a few other people have experienced similar things with random play history and favourites. My issue was however only for concurrent usage and play history and even changing the currently playing track. I've got a support ticket open with Tidal on that.
What was happening is that the current audio track was getting stopped and then another track that I had not even looked at started playing - there was also a report that this was because it was being played on another system, iOS. I wasn't logged in anywhere else and I don't even have any iOS devices.
Also my recently played history was including stuff that I've not played.

Seemed to have lots of Beyonce, Rihanna, and lots of RnB including more obscure stuff that I've definitely not played.

I doubt is a traditional password hack as my password is a completely imaginary password, not centred in a dictionary at all, and including special characters.
Hope you get to the bottom of your issue.

For myself, I logged ticket and their support kicked out all devices. However, they said they would not give me the IP address of the other device that was using my account due to privacy reasons.
I've asked for the case to be referred to their data-officer and I am claiming that if the account was used using my login details, then under data-protection rules, surely it must therefore be my data and right to claim.

Kind regards
Chris

Nov 18, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #4,465 of 5,203
when listening to Tidal masters on an iPhone with an MQA enabled dongle, roughly every 7th song or so is garbled beyond recognition. The dongle shows green light rather than purple, which is what it usually shows for MQA tracks. If I disconnect the dongle, the iPhone also plays the song garbled through its speakers. The problem is resolved by quitting and restarting the Tidal app. But then it comes back again after a few songs. Has anyone else experienced this?

Nov 18, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #4,466 of 5,203
when listening to Tidal masters on an iPhone with an MQA enabled dongle, roughly every 7th song or so is garbled beyond recognition. The dongle shows green light rather than purple, which is what it usually shows for MQA tracks. If I disconnect the dongle, the iPhone also plays the song garbled through its speakers. The problem is resolved by quitting and restarting the Tidal app. But then it comes back again after a few songs. Has anyone else experienced this?
Strange, never had that experince. Just listened today through some MQA albums, everything was crystal clear. Could you try to download one album for offline listening and test it? That way you would be able to exclude the wifi connection problems.

Nov 18, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #4,467 of 5,203
Strange, never had that experince. Just listened today through some MQA albums, everything was crystal clear. Could you try to download one album for offline listening and test it? That way you would be able to exclude the wifi connection problems.
Thanks for the response! I didn’t try downloading, but the problem does appear to be related to streaming — when I tap the problematic song in the queue to restart it, causing it to rebuffer presumably, the playback is fine. I don’t need to restart the whole app. Also, it only appears to be a problem for playlists. I tried an album with some of the offending songs from the playlist and it played without issues.

Dec 21, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #4,468 of 5,203
Hello everyone.
I just started my trial with TIDAL.
Did anyone encounter low quality music even labeled as "MASTER"? I had that problem with Spotify that music sounded bad and much worse to the originals regardless of the "Extreme" quality setting.
I am referring to "Static-X - Push It" song. It's from 1999 album labeled as "Master". Since I have only Xonar STX I listen to "Hi-Fi" quality although I can hear artifacts in high frequencies very similar to what a lot of 128kbps mp3 have. I tried "Master" quality but it doesn't help.
I recorded "Wave output" with Nero Wave Editor and spectrum is not cut - full like on a normal album. Although sound is much different to what I have on my retail CD ripped to my computer. What's interesting that "Normal" quality has a better spectrum than "High". Doesn't affect though very poor quality of that song.

Did anyone encounter similar problem?

Dec 21, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #4,469 of 5,203
Hello everyone.
I just started my trial with TIDAL.
Did anyone encounter low quality music even labeled as "MASTER"? I had that problem with Spotify that music sounded bad and much worse to the originals regardless of the "Extreme" quality setting.
I am referring to "Static-X - Push It" song. It's from 1999 album labeled as "Master". Since I have only Xonar STX I listen to "Hi-Fi" quality although I can hear artifacts in high frequencies very similar to what a lot of 128kbps mp3 have. I tried "Master" quality but it doesn't help.
I recorded "Wave output" with Nero Wave Editor and spectrum is not cut - full like on a normal album. Although sound is much different to what I have on my retail CD ripped to my computer. What's interesting that "Normal" quality has a better spectrum than "High". Doesn't affect though very poor quality of that song.

Did anyone encounter similar problem?
The artifacts you have heard, sound much like watermarks. Watermarking was very common in earlier releases and as far i understand, shouldn't be present anymore in MQA remastered files.
Just few days ago, I was had a similar strange experience with the album "The Heart Of The Combos". It sounded heavily distorted, although it was labelled as a Master. Later during the day, I tried to listen again. The artifacts and the distortion were gone, but the sound quality was still terrible. No idea why this fluctuation in the sound quality. First, I was suspecting weak WiFi signal or heavy traffic around (living downtown) but all other albums sounded perfect.

Dec 21, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #4,470 of 5,203
What would be the purpose of these "watermarks"? I don't exactly understand. You can always record your computer's output if you want to copy anything (that's how I checked frequency cut-off).
I tried again and nothing has changed. The whole "Wisconsin Death Trip" album sounds terrible, like mp3s encoded to 128kb/s :/.

I looked for "The Heart Of The Combos" but that's not exactly my type of music and these artifacts are not so obvious for me.

Some songs on Tidal are marked with quality "Normal" which is fine because you know what to expect. But having a "Master" which in "Hi-Fi" quality sounds worse than your retail disc put in question using Tidal at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back