Tidal Lossless Streaming
Jun 3, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #4,426 of 5,203
Yes, I have had it set on from day one. I use MQA and I think MQA requires it and fixed (max) output levels, so it kinda suggests not having exclusive mode means you don't get a bit-perfect stream.
I don't understand why it makes such a difference in dynamics and sound stage imaging. What could be causing it? hmmmmmmm.

I wish somebody can really dig into this an explain the phenomena. Unfortunately sound science will tell you a bunch of nonsense and will never admit they are clueless like with a lot of things.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #4,427 of 5,203
I don't understand why it makes such a difference in dynamics and sound stage imaging. What could be causing it? hmmmmmmm.

I wish somebody can really dig into this an explain the phenomena. Unfortunately sound science will tell you a bunch of nonsense and will never admit they are clueless like with a lot of things.

I think the simple answer is probably that there is a lot of latency and interference from windows audio stack. If you can use ASIO or WASAPI drivers it helps a lot. I don't know the technical details either but I think exclusive mode helps bypass a lot of crap also.

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #4,428 of 5,203
Has this been posted?

https://variety.com/2020/digital/gl...ata-fraud-investigation-in-norway-1234631663/

Jay-Z inflated his and Beyonce's play counts to thereby divert subscription revenues to himself that should have been allocated to other artists. This fraud sounds like embezzlement. The artists we like are getting shafted by this rapper and his wife. I'm switching back to Team Qobuz after my sub ends in July.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 12, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #4,429 of 5,203
Yeah but if you look in threads for qobuz people are unhappy about things also. No perfect option so far. I have a lot of money in MQA hardware. If Tidal tanks and nobody streams MQA for cheap like Tidal I'll be pissed.

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #4,431 of 5,203
I seem to of developed a problem with tidal on my V40. It will no longer play MQA/Masters through the tidal app. MQA works via UAPP no problem. I've checked the settings and it's set to play master over wi-fi and mobile data. Is there something I'm missing? It used to work no problem but I haven't been able to get one master/MQA track to work on tidal this week!

Thanks in advance

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #4,432 of 5,203
Anyone experiencing this issue whereby offline tracks is no longer playing when switch to Offline mode for iPhones?

I did not have this issue in earlier day of yesterday but after an hour or two later, it is not playing any saved tracks.

Thanks!

EDIT: After logging off and re-log in, offline tracks are available for playback as usual.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #4,433 of 5,203
Every couple of day Tidal adds 1-3 playlists into MY playlists. They are mostly Vietnamese pop and techno, and I didn't subscribe to those. I delete them but other similar ones keep popping up. Any idea what's going on?

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #4,434 of 5,203
Every couple of day Tidal adds 1-3 playlists into MY playlists. They are mostly Vietnamese pop and techno, and I didn't subscribe to those. I delete them but other similar ones keep popping up. Any idea what's going on?

In my experience Tidal has algos that see what I'm listening to and constructs these "My Mix 1, 2, 3, etc." playlists to My Collection that are pretty much reflective of those songs and albums I've listened to. My personal playlists in Playlists that I have created, are only ones that I have made. I've never seen any added in this section that I didn't personally make. If I read your post right, you're getting playlists added to your personally constructed Playlists which is odd. Is it possible someone else has your logon credentials and is adding these? I'd send them an e-mail telling them what's going on and/or maybe just change your password and see if they stop. May be just a weird bug on their end too.

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #4,435 of 5,203
In my experience Tidal has algos that see what I'm listening to and constructs these "My Mix 1, 2, 3, etc." playlists to My Collection that are pretty much reflective of those songs and albums I've listened to. My personal playlists in Playlists that I have created, are only ones that I have made. I've never seen any added in this section that I didn't personally make. If I read your post right, you're getting playlists added to your personally constructed Playlists which is odd. Is it possible someone else has your logon credentials and is adding these? I'd send them an e-mail telling them what's going on and/or maybe just change your password and see if they stop. May be just a weird bug on their end too.
Yeah my playlists and monthly histories are always just my stuff.

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #4,436 of 5,203
Yes, I get the My Mix 1,2, etc also, and I like those just fine. And also yes, my personally constructed Playlists is the location where these unwanted ones pop up. I've been a subscriber to Tidal for years, and these unwanted ones have just happened in the last couple months. Perhaps someone I don't know does have my logon. Good idea, I will try changing my password..

Jun 30, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #4,437 of 5,203
Check your options carefully. Tidal added a lot of crap over the past year or so. I didn't see that behavior but I don't know it could be due to some option. The only app change for the better seems to be the close-to-tray, which I really like. Helps keep the icon bar clean.

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #4,438 of 5,203
Wow, exclusive mode makes a world of difference with Tidal. Just now I wasn't aware exclusive mode was off, and it sounded flat and less dynamic, and I realized exclusive mode was off! This is crazy!

Few things immediate I noticed when I changed to exclusive or bit-perfect mode. More bass impact, more dynamic, more details, and better spatial imaging of the sound stage.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I can't seem to get "Use Exclusive Mode" to work from my MacBook Pro using USBC out to my A&K SR25 in USB-DAC mode.

If I look at the "Sound Output" tool in the Tidal App, 'SR25 USB DAC' is selected OK. If I go in to "(More Settings)", I've got Use Exclusive Mode off, Force volume off, Passthrough MQA on.

If I manually set Tidal's volume slider is at max, I can easily control volume on the SR25, at roughly equivalent level to listening to the same recordings in Tidal native app. Sounds just about identical to listening to Tidal on the SR25.

HOWEVER, if I do set "Use Exclusive Mode" to on, then all of the volume seems to disappear from Tidal, even if I set "Force volume" on or manually set Tidal volume to max. I need to set the SR25 to max volume just to be able to hear at reasonable, but not loud volume.
One thing I do notice is that if I then disable Use exclusive mode, the volume output stays trash until I unplug the USB-C cable from the Mac... weird.

This doesn't seem right to me, what have I missed? It's almost as if those 2 settings are working in reverse to what the Tidal support site says...

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #4,439 of 5,203
HOWEVER, if I do set "Use Exclusive Mode" to on, then all of the volume seems to disappear from Tidal, even if I set "Force volume" on or manually set Tidal volume to max.
That is normal and expected. In exclusive mode, the source music stream should be transferred directly to USB output (bit-perfect without modification). Volume control on both the Tidal app and computer should not modify the digital stream; therefore volume controls should be disabled.

I don't know why you are getting low volume on your Astell&Kern when you use exclusive mode. You might ask the question from the DAP side on forums and customer service.

Jul 31, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #4,440 of 5,203
My chord mojo is now showing new frequencies with Tidal, is this in error? The mojo doesn't resolve MQA, so in the past I always have the red 44khz indicator, but now I'm getting 48 and 96 (beatles remasters are showing green on the mojo). Does anyone know what's going on?

edit: I did just recently switch my subscription to go through Best Buy since it's a better deal. I would be surprised if the best buy HiFi subscription is different though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back