Tidal Lossless Streaming
Mar 7, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #3,361 of 5,203
Thx you for your Answer. But....

This is not acceptable! xD

Spotify has not my Music Gothic favorite... xD

My Money is not a Toys....

I want File, I want Listen my Music in 15years, Not a MAYBE.... xD
At 2030 Tidal, Spotify will Be LOST! xD
new Internet, new Website, new format will be done....
Don't exist.... And my 3600e LOST! xD

I have Buy CD at 1999, now at 2017 I have STILL y MUSIC, it's Sure... I have not LOST my money...
And at 2030, 2040, 2050 I will Have STILL my CD convert on my Futur Computer.... xD
TIDAL will be LOST at History, No One will be Speak about TIDAL... LOST LOST LOST, nobody remenber... xD

Well then don't subscribe. There is no long term certainty in our fast changing tech world with whatever medium, however popular it may be. Who knows if your preferred CD technology and collection will be in use in your timeframe of 10-30 years from now.

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #3,362 of 5,203

Thx you for your Answer. But....

This is not acceptable! xD

Spotify has not my Music Gothic favorite... xD

My Money is not a Toys....

I want File, I want Listen my Music in 15years, Not a MAYBE.... xD
At 2030 Tidal, Spotify will Be LOST! xD
new Internet, new Website, new format will be done....
Don't exist.... And my 3600e LOST! xD

I have Buy CD at 1999, now at 2017 I have STILL y MUSIC, it's Sure... I have not LOST my money...
And at 2030, 2040, 2050 I will Have STILL my CD convert on my Futur Computer.... xD
TIDAL will be LOST at History, No One will be Speak about TIDAL... LOST LOST LOST, nobody remenber... xD

It's about mobility. If you a re traveling a lot, like I do, taking ALL your music with you is not easiest solution. Also ripping CD's for hours, and tagging them, searching for covers....For me, it's all about convenience, finding quickly the music for my mood of the moment, when I am far away from home. And yes, I am listening to the music which I already have on CD, somewhere lost at my home. I know I have it, but needs hours to find it :) Than a simple click on Tidal save me some time. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #3,363 of 5,203

Yes, they are checking the IP adress, which means even much worse deal for me. They charge in Switzerland 25,99CHF, which is $25,99. How about that! Makes compared your Singapore subscription a bargain. I was thinking about registering from EU, using an EU card, but no way, because of the IP address. 

Yes, to me it was a good deal at SGD$19.99, which was the reason I signed up. Did not expect them to charge me at USD$19.99. They would not even consider that their IP checking is flawed. 25,99 CHF is indeed very pricey. Maybe they might check your IP and charge you USD$19.99 instead :D

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #3,364 of 5,203

It's about mobility. If you a re traveling a lot, like I do, taking ALL your music with you is not easiest solution. Also ripping CD's for hours, and tagging them, searching for covers....For me, it's all about convenience, finding quickly the music for my mood of the moment, when I am far away from home. And yes, I am listening to the music which I already have on CD, somewhere lost at my home. I know I have it, but needs hours to find it :) Than a simple click on Tidal save me some time. 

I Understand... xD

But Oki for 5euro per Month... xD
Not 20e! xD

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #3,366 of 5,203
  I would delete the Tidal desktop app, and re-download it and see if the issue persists. The Tidal desktop app doesn't seem to be too resource-intensive, but I could be mistaken. Is your laptop older? Maybe you need more RAM or an SSD. Just throwing out some things to consider. 

The laptop may very well be my issue. My MacBook Pro is from 2008 with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #3,367 of 5,203
is it ok to stream tidal hifi lossless over wifi? thanks mk

also when does one use the webplayer

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #3,371 of 5,203
I have no problem, in my case paying $26/mo, but I still don't quite understand the disproportion to the Netflix prices for example. I have a choice of Netflix $11.90/14.90/17.90, the last price being for UHD, which might be the equivalent for FLAC in audio. IMHO the prices of two services should be closer, at least in my country.

The laptop may very well be my issue. My MacBook Pro is from 2008 with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

I have latest MB Pro with 16GB, and Tidal still freezes from time to time. I don't think it's your laptop, rather their servers.

is it ok to stream tidal hifi lossless over wifi? thanks mk

also when does one use the webplayer

Streaming over airplay/wifi all the time, absolutely OK.
Re webplayer, I prefer using Tidal through Audirvana +. Only for convenience reason, like to compare my local files with some Tidal remasters. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #3,372 of 5,203
  I have no problem, in my case paying $26/mo, but I still don't quite understand the disproportion to the Netflix prices for example. I have a choice of Netflix $11.90/14.90/17.90, the last price being for UHD, which might be the equivalent for FLAC in audio. IMHO the prices of two services should be closer, at least in my country.

From what I understand, TIDAL offers some of the best compensation for artists in the business, which may account for some of the pricing strategy.  I don't really know about how well Netflix compensates artists/studios, but considering the fact that their CEO is complete ******* tool, I would guess they do not compensate them well.  For me, paying $20/month for lossless streaming from TIDAL seems like a pretty good deal.

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #3,373 of 5,203
From what I understand, TIDAL offers some of the best compensation for artists in the business, which may account for some of the pricing strategy.  I don't really know about how well Netflix compensates artists/studios, but considering the fact that their CEO is complete ******* tool, I would guess they do not compensate them well.  For me, paying $20/month for lossless streaming from TIDAL seems like a pretty good deal.

I pay 20 GBP pretty month. I am happy to do so for the vast amount of music that I have access to. I used to have a Spotify account but that almost felt like stealing! I don't know if Tidal artists are getting a good deal but at least I feel that I am paying an amount that should be sustainable.

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #3,375 of 5,203
Hi Guys, Just want to know what are your thoughts on the Tidal MQA masters?  I am having second thoughts on upgrading to HiFi after seeing this video.

https://youtu.be/JPempOn1QgY (the part about Tidal with MQA starts around 6:20)

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back