Tidal Lossless Streaming
Mar 4, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #3,346 of 5,203
You can't see the files as they are encrypted. You can play them in the offline section of the app. Downloading an album only allows the files to be played by the Tidal app when your phone does not have Wi-Fi or data access.

There's no way of "accessing" the downloaded album.

Thx! xD

19Euro/Month and no Download.....
Goodby TIDAL! xD

If TIDAL Down, close in 3 years..... We Loose ALL! xD
720e for nothing...... xD
No Files, nothing.... xD

It's a Joke no Download! xD

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #3,347 of 5,203
  Thx! xD

19Euro/Month and no Download.....
Goodby TIDAL! xD

If TIDAL Down, close in 3 years..... We Loose ALL! xD
720e for nothing...... xD
No Files, nothing.... xD

It's a Joke no Download! xD

you can move your playlists to spotify or deezer or whomever you wish
(esp spotify if they do start to offer hi fi).
just use the soundiz music (free) app to swap playlists back and forth between streamers.
...costs nothing.
https://soundiiz.com/?hl=en

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #3,348 of 5,203
I am not convinced Apple will follow Tidal and Spotify by offering lossless Music, but will only do so when they are ready.

For Apple it is a much bigger move as they would have to offer lossless Music on both Apple Music and on iTunes Stores. That is a big change.

I hope they do make the move.

For me the Apple Music App sounds great on my iPhone with a good DAC. HOWEVER on the Apple iMac computer, iTunes sounds dull and compressed vs Tidal. Tidal Hifi and MQA is much better Fidelity. No contest.

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #3,349 of 5,203
Hello. This has probably been discussed before on this thread but is it worth paying for tital's hifi package on my iPhone 7 ? I'm just curios if iOS can playback suck high bitrates or should I just go with the 320 subscription ? Thanks. Cheers !

There is a test you can take on Tidal that asks you to differentiate between lossless and 320. Or perhaps try this one. http://abx.digitalfeed.net/ Have a listen and see if the difference is worthwhile to you.

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #3,351 of 5,203
Great thank you very much.

i use either a dragonfly red or chord mojo with my ipod touch 6...have no problems with both showing 44.1 bitrate.
also check out the Onkyo HF player (HD player pack version @ $10 from the apple app store)..
the $10 HD upgrade allows you to also play 24/196 files even.
http://www.intl.onkyo.com/downloads/applications/hf_player.html
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/onkyo-hf-player/id704139896?mt=8

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #3,352 of 5,203
Just checking in with an update on that Tidal stuttering music glitch - It happens with Spotify also. Interesting...

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #3,354 of 5,203
  Just checking in with an update on that Tidal stuttering music glitch - It happens with Spotify also. Interesting...

If the experience is like a little digital blip or crackling sound at random times, I had something similar happen where all indications seemed to point to an issue with my source's memory handling for streaming data.  This only happened with my iPad and iPod.  If this occurs when using an iOS device, it may be the same problem.  I never did find a permanent solution and had to find another method to enjoy listening to music.   Back then I was using Spotify and MOG, and both streaming services had the same issue.

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #3,355 of 5,203

If the experience is like a little digital blip or crackling sound at random times, I had something similar happen where all indications seemed to point to an issue with my source's memory handling for streaming data.  This only happened with my iPad and iPod.  If this occurs when using an iOS device, it may be the same problem.  I never did find a permanent solution and had to find another method to enjoy listening to music.   Back then I was using Spotify and MOG, and both streaming services had the same issue.

No, it only happens on my laptop, streaming with a high-speed connection. It is triggered by opening a web page in my browser - not every web page or any, just once in a while. Playback slows and stutters and I have to stop the track.

Mar 6, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #3,356 of 5,203

No, it only happens on my laptop, streaming with a high-speed connection. It is triggered by opening a web page in my browser - not every web page or any, just once in a while. Playback slows and stutters and I have to stop the track.

I would delete the Tidal desktop app, and re-download it and see if the issue persists. The Tidal desktop app doesn't seem to be too resource-intensive, but I could be mistaken. Is your laptop older? Maybe you need more RAM or an SSD. Just throwing out some things to consider. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #3,357 of 5,203
ive been using tidal desktop on my imac with no issues. however now im considering macbook air i have as a new platform.

some very brief points

1) what is difference between webplayer vs desktop app ie when to use each etc?

2)is it ok to stream tidal hifi over wifi? not wired connection.

3) is desktop app ok to download to a macbook air laptop?

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #3,358 of 5,203
Hi all,
just to share my experience with Tidal. I am a Singapore resident, and signed up using a Singapore credit card. During my sign-up, it showed that I will be charged SGD$19.99. However, upon the end of the trial period, I was charged USD$19.99 (~40% more than SGD). I had a few rounds of back and forth with the customer support, who were very slow to respond, and not helpful at all. They insisted that my IP address was in the US, and hid behind their terms and conditions when I asked them to adjust the bill. Not surprisingly, I cancelled my subscription, but only after being overcharged for 1 month with no recourse. FWIW, the Tidal service is quite slow here, each song takes a few seconds to buffer before it starts playing. The video cannot playback smoothly past 240p.

Just wondering if anyone had the same experience?

Spotify is quite active here and partnered with a local service provider for discounted rates, which I signed up. I am eagerly awaiting Spotify's Hifi service.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #3,359 of 5,203
  Hi all,
just to share my experience with Tidal. I am a Singapore resident, and signed up using a Singapore credit card. During my sign-up, it showed that I will be charged SGD$19.99. However, upon the end of the trial period, I was charged USD$19.99 (~40% more than SGD). I had a few rounds of back and forth with the customer support, who were very slow to respond, and not helpful at all. They insisted that my IP address was in the US, and hid behind their terms and conditions when I asked them to adjust the bill. Not surprisingly, I cancelled my subscription, but only after being overcharged for 1 month with no recourse. FWIW, the Tidal service is quite slow here, each song takes a few seconds to buffer before it starts playing. The video cannot playback smoothly past 240p.

Just wondering if anyone had the same experience?

Spotify is quite active here and partnered with a local service provider for discounted rates, which I signed up. I am eagerly awaiting Spotify's Hifi service.

Yes, they are checking the IP adress, which means even much worse deal for me. They charge in Switzerland 25,99CHF, which is $25,99. How about that! Makes compared your Singapore subscription a bargain. I was thinking about registering from EU, using an EU card, but no way, because of the IP address. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #3,360 of 5,203
  you can move your playlists to spotify or deezer or whomever you wish
(esp spotify if they do start to offer hi fi).
just use the soundiz music (free) app to swap playlists back and forth between streamers.
...costs nothing.
https://soundiiz.com/?hl=en

Thx you for your Answer. But....

This is not acceptable! xD

Spotify has not my Music Gothic favorite... xD

My Money is not a Toys....

I want File, I want Listen my Music in 15years, Not a MAYBE.... xD
At 2030 Tidal, Spotify will Be LOST! xD
new Internet, new Website, new format will be done....
Don't exist.... And my 3600e LOST! xD

I have Buy CD at 1999, now at 2017 I have STILL y MUSIC, it's Sure... I have not LOST my money...
And at 2030, 2040, 2050 I will Have STILL my CD convert on my Futur Computer.... xD
TIDAL will be LOST at History, No One will be Speak about TIDAL... LOST LOST LOST, nobody remenber... xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back