Tidal Lossless Streaming
Oct 21, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #5,146 of 5,203
Maybe you should read back to Joe Bloggs account of the issues regarding Hiby Daps and earlier andriod versions...
This is a Tidal thread, not a Hiby thread :wink:

Oct 21, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #5,150 of 5,203
I'll have a look tomorrow, but as of yesterday my player could only play certain albums

It works correctly on my Hiby R5 after the recent update.

Oct 21, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #5,151 of 5,203
Just checked, reinstalled my Hiby R6 Pro running andriod 8.1 with the latest Tidal version and it still does not play Max albums, just downloaded Nora Jones come away with me and it refuses to play.
I'm assuming your R5 is running a later andriod version.

Oct 21, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #5,152 of 5,203
Shanling provided a firmware update for its Android 7.x.x lineup to fix the Tidal MAX/FLAC playability issue but indicated in the notes that certain MQA tracks will still not play correctly.. With my M6 Pro 21 at Android 7.1.1, MAX/FLAC now seems to play just fine but every MQA track in my inventory plays but with a constant, choppy/artifact-ey sound, so the situation is still not completely fixed.

The rep indicated further that in their testing it is fixed with non-unfolding MQA 44.1 and 48kHz material, but the rest of the MQA higher-res unfolding stuff there's still a problem. In my personal case, every MQA track that I have in my playlists, etc., and there's a bunch of them, the M6 Pro 21 DAC unfolds all of them 16X to either 705.6 or 768kHz and they're unlistenable. They are still trying to get it fixed, hopefully just a matter of time, but for now I reverted back to Tidal 2.86 on my machine, where all is fine and MQA-dandy and it's still July 2023... :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #5,153 of 5,203
Shanling provided a firmware update for its Android 7.x.x lineup to fix the Tidal MAX/FLAC playability issue but indicated in the notes that certain MQA tracks will still not play correctly.. With my M6 Pro 21 at Android 7.1.1, MAX/FLAC now seems to play just fine but every MQA track in my inventory plays but with a constant, choppy/artifact-ey sound, so the situation is still not completely fixed.

The rep indicated further that in their testing it is fixed with non-unfolding MQA 44.1 and 48kHz material, but the rest of the MQA higher-res unfolding stuff there's still a problem. In my personal case, every MQA track that I have in my playlists, etc., and there's a bunch of them, the M6 Pro 21 DAC unfolds all of them 16X to either 705.6 or 768kHz and they're unlistenable. They are still trying to get it fixed, hopefully just a matter of time, but for now I reverted back to Tidal 2.86 on my machine, where all is fine and MQA-dandy and it's still July 2023... :gs1000smile:
I've done the same and reverted back to 2.86 and all seems OK.. Hope Hiby or Tidal can come up with a fix in the near future.

Oct 22, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #5,155 of 5,203
Just checked, reinstalled my Hiby R6 Pro running andriod 8.1 with the latest Tidal version and it still does not play Max albums, just downloaded Nora Jones come away with me and it refuses to play.
I'm assuming your R5 is running a later andriod version.

No, I was just wrong. I double-checked with version 2.92 and it is not working. I had thought it was fixed but I don't remember which version. Very sorry for the bad info.

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #5,157 of 5,203
Yes... But its about Tidal not working on some earluer versions of andriod since the move away from MQA to the MAX settings.
It's not about Tidal not working. It's about your app not working.

No problem... I've reverted back to an older version that's working for now..
I rest my case :D

Oct 22, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #5,159 of 5,203
No, I was just wrong. I double-checked with version 2.92 and it is not working. I had thought it was fixed but I don't remember which version. Very sorry for the bad info.
I think it was with 2.91

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back