Three Stones MiniBox-E+ - Review of a Humble Sleeper (LOTS of PICs)
Apr 6, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #196 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
decur, AD797AN is the one you want. Its a DIP so no adapter needed. Just plug and play.

awesome!thanks
beerchug.gif

Apr 7, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #197 of 384
If I understand correctly, this may be the best amp for the Ety ER4S users as Feng is an ety fan and voiced the amp or taylored the amp to make the ER4S sound it's best?

Apr 7, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #201 of 384
JBrigs, I think I am going to ge this amp since I have the Ety's on the way and I already own the SE530s and if you can wait a few days or so I will try and post my impressions for you. I will be using the Itouch and Imod for sources. Hey maybe I will do a comparison with the P-51 Mustang. By the way have you considered the P-51 with the SE530s? They are a good match.

Apr 7, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #202 of 384
Kclone, Thank you that would be awesome! I also own the Itouch and it is what i would be using. As for the P-51 i would love to have! .....but i think it is a bit out of my price range unfourtionally
frown.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #203 of 384
A sad occasion for my 1500th post, but it seems the MBE+ battery died on me, after less than 20 hours of use, and 2 partial charges.

I should have learned my lesson about Chinese quality, after my experiences with Mylarone, iBasso, etc...

EDIT: It lasted ~15 minutes on a full charge. Now I charged it again, charging light went off after 5 minutes. Now I'm past 20 minutes on that charge... let's see how it goes.

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #204 of 384
dfkt, sorry to hear about the battery issue. It sucks. I've been there. However, my unit magically started working normally again. Not wanting to risk it, I sent the unit and got a brand new replacement unit under warranty. I'm told the battery/charging-circuit issue has been resolved with the new batch but let's see.

The good news is that Fang is very responsive. I'm sure he will make things right if your unit is under warranty.

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #205 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A sad occasion for my 1500th post, but it seems the MBE+ battery died on me, after less than 20 hours of use, and 2 partial charges.

I should have learned my lesson about Chinese quality, after my experiences with Mylarone, iBasso, etc...

EDIT: It lasted ~15 minutes on a full charge. Now I charged it again, charging light went off after 5 minutes. Now I'm past 20 minutes on that charge... let's see how it goes.

Ouch! I just placed an order with Head Direct the other day, I hope I have better luck.

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #206 of 384
Quote:

That issue you describe is exactly what happened with both of the MBE+ amps I returned. The first one lasted a year, the second one, for a single charge cycle. Sounds like Three Stones hasn't figured it out based on your experience.

Let's hope the issue gets resolved once and for all, because it would be a shame if the MBE+ doesn't go from a DIY amp to a real product (as Fang explains in a lower post).

I am running the battery out on mine right now, and see what happens when it comes time to recharge it. Fang tested mine, since I live in the U.S. The others, including dfkt's, were shipped directly from China. But even so, the battery issue must be fixed.

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #207 of 384
Quote:

this is bad.... china products have serious bad QC problems.

this amp might not be my choice for my phonaks.
atsmile.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #208 of 384
Quote:

Sorry to hear that. If I were you I would have already sent the unit back for a swap the moment I saw the "pregnant battery".

Anyway I am still waiting for my replacement unit

Apr 8, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #209 of 384
Quote:

Yours are not new battery, and I did not have a chance to test it by myself (directly ship from our China branch). Actually I am thinking of sending new battery to you guys. In addition, poor package is another reason of high defective rate. We will try to do better packing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is bad.... china products have serious bad QC problems.

this amp might not be my choice for my phonaks. :atsmile:

Minibox-e+ is a DIY product initially, and I am trying my best to help this DIY product become real product. There might be some difficulties, but I am trying to solve this. I don't think minibox amps have any similiarity to those juck at Walmart.

Btw, China are making these products which are not bad at all:

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Apr 9, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #210 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yours are not new battery, and I did not have a chance to test it by myself (directly ship from our China branch). I am thinking of sending new battery to you guys. In addition, poor package is another reason of high defective rate. We will try to do better packing.

Dear Fang, thanks for dropping by. It is very refreshing to see a vendor taking closer interest in listening to and taking actions based on users response.

This bodes very well indeed for all of us and I do not have doubt that the more responsive you become, the more trust we will have for Head-Direct.

PS:
Now that we are talking.....I do hope to see my replacement unit soon
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back