Three Stones MiniBox-E+ - Review of a Humble Sleeper (LOTS of PICs)
Apr 11, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #227 of 384
I have my MiniBox-E+ out on loan, the user is loving it. Do look forward to getting it back. Although in all honesty it gives me an opportunity to try some of the other portable amps I have.
wink.gif

Apr 12, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #229 of 384
Head-Direct emailed me, new batch will be ready in two or three weeks. They pretty much sell out of every batch right away. I think the last batched only lasted a little over a week.

Apr 14, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #231 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can understand why they sell so quickly. Sound baby! very good sound at a reasonable price.

x2 this little amp is top notch at a steal of a price!!
icon10.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #234 of 384
sorry for being out of topic but can someone tell me what an opamp means and what rolling an opamp means. i'm planning to buy this amp in the near future to drive my PFE and Fuze. btw, with the battery issue of MBE+ and the crack issue of the PFE (thank God I don't have with my black PFE), I can foresee without hearing that they are meant for each other (LOL and LOL again) not to mention both are marvelous creation to be enjoyed.

Apr 15, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #236 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrazmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry for being out of topic but can someone tell me what an opamp means and what rolling an opamp means. i'm planning to buy this amp in the near future to drive my PFE and Fuze. btw, with the battery issue of MBE+ and the crack issue of the PFE (thank God I don't have with my black PFE), I can foresee without hearing that they are meant for each other (LOL and LOL again) not to mention both are marvelous creation to be enjoyed.

The opamp is that tiny black square things with eight feet that you plug into the corresponding socket - in layman's term they will "influence" the sound output and in this regard makes it possible to tune the amp according to your taste. Opamp rolling simply means getting a lot of those opamps and keep swapping them to oblivion.....hehehehhe

Apr 15, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #237 of 384
I could be purchasing this unit very soon. I have been eyeing this unit and the P-51 Mustang. I hope the battery/charging issues get resolved as it makes me a little nervous to place an order. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Apr 15, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #238 of 384
AmericasTeam, what phone are you going to use with the amp? I have the P-51 and have a Minibox-E+ coming when the next batch is ready so I will be able to compare, just not for awhile though (until I get the minibox).

Apr 15, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #239 of 384
Minibox E+ is very excellent. Especially for er4. Now, I'm using AD797 for Minibox E+ and it sounds great. But lots of can fans told me not to use AD797 cos there is some noise. Maybe mine is old version so there's no problem. Next I wanna try OPA627BM. Friends told me that's very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back