Three Stones MiniBox-E+ - Review of a Humble Sleeper (LOTS of PICs)
Feb 10, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #376 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the minibox e+ the amp to end all amps specifically for ety er4 owners?

for those of us that own Minibox and Etys, I'd say "yes" But it's not specifically for the Ety--will drive other IEMs perfectly welll. It was just designed around the Ety4 with switching for P to S, and a bass boost switch as well.

If you recall awhile back, certain of Xin amps were designed around the Ety4 as well. Too bad he isn't around anymore

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #377 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for those of us that own Minibox and Etys, I'd say "yes" But it's not specifically for the Ety--will drive other IEMs perfectly welll. It was just designed around the Ety4 with switching for P to S, and a bass boost switch as well.

If you recall awhile back, certain of Xin amps were designed around the Ety4 as well. Too bad he isn't around anymore

Why, did something happen to him?

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #380 of 384
I'm getting a higher noise floor in the left channel than the right lately. Ideas?

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #382 of 384
I've done both, I used to think one of the opamps I prepared wasn't soldered properly. Playing music for a couple of minutes seems to "fix" the problem. Faulty volume pot or something within its path?

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #383 of 384
I got one of the original versions of the Minibox E+ about 4-5 years ago.  I loved how it sounded but I had issues with the input and output jacks soon after.  Sound would cut in and out if if the headphone jack or LOD wasn't held the right way.  I stopped using it a long time ago because of this but I just pulled it out of the drawer and sounds pretty good with my SE530s and X10.  But I'm still having problems with the jacks.  Anyone else deal with this and found a solution?  Is it difficult to replace the originals with better quality jacks?  I'd like to have a portable amp to use for my longer commutes. Thanks for your help guys.  

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #384 of 384
I have to replace the battery in mine.  I just bought it used off of ebay, but it needed the battery replaced.  It didn't come with a manual, anyone know what type of battery it takes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back