Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary Edition, NFB-1AMP, NFB-3AMP)
Feb 25, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #631 of 785
I'm. Burning in my c2, arrived yesterday..
I love that i can get a warmer sound by popping the hood and use the clips on the transistor.
I'm using lcd2.
One thing about the bass.... I feel like there's not enough punch compairing it with schiit jothuneim...
Is it possible?

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #632 of 785
  Anyone thought about rolling those opamps in the NFB/1 Amp? I don't even know what would be compatible / alternative or what would be the impact but I have had good results with the Burson V5 in other amps.

If i remember correctly Audio GD doesn't use any opamps in NFB-1 circutry.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #633 of 785
These opamps are for the servo-control elimiting the dc level at the ouput. They can make a difference with bass response but they can't be replaced with any opamp.

But to anyone lacking bass, i would recommend using a 14 gauge power cord. A quality one if possible but any 14 gauge will help. I never use the standard cord, whatever gear i acquire.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #634 of 785
I would be really interested in a comparison between the nfb-1 and the master series.

I use the nfb-1 for headphones and as a preamp for my speaker Setup going balanced to a Audio-GD C-10 Power AMP and was always wondering if an upgrade to master is worth it.

And i am also really happy with audio GD gear, i have the nfb-1.32 as DAC, and the C-10 drives my von schweikerts wonderfully, just superb gear :)

I will at some point. Expect better micro-dynamics, a bit more separation, resolution an neutrality. Kingwa explained to me that the master series uses a double buffer stage, besides one transfo per channel. In any case, the NFB-1Amp is a serious pre-amp, and competitive under 2k and a bit more maybe. I rely on the architecture and the way it drives headphones to make that call. Give me 2-3 weeks and i will give it a try.

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #635 of 785
These opamps are for the servo-control elimiting the dc level at the ouput. They can make a difference with bass response but they can't be replaced with any opamp.

But to anyone lacking bass, i would recommend using a 14 gauge power cord. A quality one if possible but any 14 gauge will help. I never use the standard cord, whatever gear i acquire.

Interesting. I'm curious about what @Kingwa will say about use of opamps in NFB-1 amp.

As far as i know they stopped using Opams in their designs some time ago.

Feb 26, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #636 of 785
Interesting. I'm curious about what @Kingwa
 will say about use of opamps in NFB-1 amp.

As far as i know they stopped using Opams in their designs some time ago.

Wel i suppose that this is not technically considered as part of the signal path, since it has minimal impact on sound. Opamps are used in most, if not all output stage by audio-gd for servo-control.

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #637 of 785
Question for those who ever ordered from Audio-GD. How long does it usually take to get a quote? I sent a request for a NFB-1AMP three days ago and nothing since, except an automated response.

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #638 of 785
  Question for those who ever ordered from Audio-GD. How long does it usually take to get a quote? I sent a request for a NFB-1AMP three days ago and nothing since, except an automated response.

They are probably rushing as this time, still catching up after the Moon Festival holiday.

Took about a week or so for them to send me one a month ago.

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #639 of 785
Got a response from them, ordered the amp, all is fine, thanks!

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #640 of 785
This amp is not cheap but worth every penny and much more. I have a master-1 as pre and i am curious to set the Nfb-1amp against it. I am sure it does a very fine job, just curious to see how close they are for such a price difference.

Highly recommended amp.

Very nice review !

I have amost the same setup (Master 7 acss to Master 1 to power amp/speaker and in my case Master 7 RCA to Audio Gd Sa31 to headphone) and i'm interested in your comparison between pre-amp comparison between the master 1 and Nfb-1 amp.

Perhaps I must go to the same route as you (Master 7 XLR to Nfb1 because RCA out of Master 7 is perhaps not on par with the balanced one. The problem is that I'll need to reterminate some of my headphones especially the Akg k340 that is already hard enough to drive even for the SA31 (when i'm in and listening very loud i can set the Sa31 to max level on high gain, it's loud but clean enough...).

I agree that every Audio-gd equipment worst the price asked and bring a flavor that makes you want to collect some other ones :)

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #641 of 785
Got a response from them, ordered the amp, all is fine, thanks!

It is very nice, Quite sure you will like it. Get a 14 gauge cord or some audiophile cord if you can. Most of the gears from audio-gd benefit from a better/bigger cord, especially with bass and dynamics. Note that the sound quality will vary during the burn in period (100-200 hours).

I like mine so much i bought a second pair of cans (meze classic 99) to get the most out my newly put up headphone setup. So relaxing to enjoy a listening session with hf, well seated in the living room.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #642 of 785
Very nice review !

I have amost the same setup (Master 7 acss to Master 1 to power amp/speaker and in my case Master 7 RCA to Audio Gd Sa31 to headphone) and i'm interested in your comparison between pre-amp comparison between the master 1 and Nfb-1 amp.

Perhaps I must go to the same route as you (Master 7 XLR to Nfb1 because RCA out of Master 7 is perhaps not on par with the balanced one. The problem is that I'll need to reterminate some of my headphones especially the Akg k340 that is already hard enough to drive even for the SA31 (when i'm in and listening very loud i can set the Sa31 to max level on high gain, it's loud but clean enough...).

I agree that every Audio-gd equipment worst the price asked and bring a flavor that makes you want to collect some other ones :)

Yes the reterminating job is a bit of a pain and is sometimes not possible. Some cans need complete dismanteling and re-wiring. I am not sure it worth it, the RCA out on the m7 is very very good. One point in favor of the nfb1 for me is i had 2 spare high-quality balanced cable in my possession and no high-quality RCAs. Your SA31 must be very good, not sure how much an upgrade you would get, Kingwa could tell you.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #643 of 785
Yes you're right. The fact is that I now have some singled ended headphones and a balanced one (headphones are growing on me too :wink:. The balanced one will benefit from a whole balanced setup for sure but I'll lose half the power for the singled ended ones (and that will be just impossible to still enjoy the Akg k340...).

About the Master 1 pre vs Nfb1, it have my interest because I actually only use the Master 1 via RCA out to a non balanced power amp. It's probably wasted vs the RCA out of the more modest preamp that are the C-2 (same pre as Nfb1) and Sa31.

Kingwa confirmed that fact :
"The Master 1 had the balance design, if only with RCA output, it only working with 2 of 4 channels built in amp, it is a bit waste the money."

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #644 of 785
It is very nice, Quite sure you will like it. Get a 14 gauge cord or some audiophile cord if you can. Most of the gears from audio-gd benefit from a better/bigger cord, especially with bass and dynamics. Note that the sound quality will vary during the burn in period (100-200 hours).

I like mine so much i bought a second pair of cans (meze classic 99) to get the most out my newly put up headphone setup. So relaxing to enjoy a listening session with hf, well seated in the living room.

Thanks for the advice! I will be putting it up against a couple of pro-audio HP amps and see how it goes.

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #645 of 785
NFB-1AMP review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-gd-nfb-1amp/reviews/18148

Youtube:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back