Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary Edition, NFB-1AMP, NFB-3AMP)
Jan 17, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #616 of 785
I keep forgetting to ask: is NFB-1AMP supposed to include a remote (plastic one)?  Received mine last week with no remote.  Not really a big deal, just curious.  I'm not even sure if I care enough to bother kingwa about it.

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #618 of 785
For some reason mine came with two. HaHa... i do find that i use mine when im sitting my chair out of reach from the amp and just to cause less wear and tear on the small pot.
If you decide you want one and have troubles getting AGD to send you one, i can dig my extra one up and send it to you if you pay the shipping 
wink_face.gif

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #619 of 785
Hello!
Have anyone here has compares NFB-1 Amp with other amps of highee price? Something like Liquid Carbon or EC Black Widow? How would NFB 1 keep up with the offerings being the more cheaper?

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #620 of 785
  For some reason mine came with two. HaHa... i do find that i use mine when im sitting my chair out of reach from the amp and just to cause less wear and tear on the small pot.
If you decide you want one and have troubles getting AGD to send you one, i can dig my extra one up and send it to you if you pay the shipping 
wink_face.gif

Heh, much appreciated.  I emailed kingwa so I'll let you know if he gives me a hard time.

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #621 of 785
wink_face.gif

If you can find your second remote and are willing to send it my way, let me know.  I'd be happy to pay the shipping.

the response I got from Kingwa:

Since 6 months ago the mini remote had out of stock so we had not include the remote.
Kingwa

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #622 of 785
Hmmm i hadn't noticed them mentioning that on the site, other than i guess overlooking the fact that maybe the product pages don't mentioning including one? HaHa. Oh well... Let me see if i can dig it out tonight and then i'll PM you.

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #623 of 785
Recently i have modded my hd650 as well got a new cable (Norne Draug 2c 4pin XLR with adapter for 1/4 as well). They certainly sound better than they ever have....but my question is for C-2 11th owners who have tried both the 1/4 and xlr outputs on the c-2 and if you noticed a difference in the sound even if slight? Just out of boredom and curiosity i am trying to figure out what to attribute this new wonderful SQ to.
Also recently got the hdmi i2s input module installed/working on my dac-19 from singxer su-1 with an DH Labs Silver Sonic 2.0 cable. All in all working with the best synergy in this system yet and very happy!

**Edit**

Answered my own question about the two outputs on top of going back a little in the thread finding a few mentions so my apologies for not doing my homework first.

But having the day off work i've been just playing around a little bored and ended up trying out my WA2 as a preamp for my C-2 11th to positive results so far. One of my complaints i have about the WA2 as a headphone amp is that at times the bass can seem a little bloated and less clear (at least with my current tube combo mentioned in my sig) than the C-2 / hd650. But as a preamp to the c-2 it adds a little of that tube sweetness in the midrange that i love from the WA2 while letting the C-2 tighten up the bass. Only been listening for a little bit but it's been fun!

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #624 of 785
  They certainly sound better than they ever have....but my question is for C-2 11th owners who have tried both the 1/4 and xlr outputs on the c-2 and if you noticed a difference in the sound even if slight? 

One cable goes to the 4pin and then continues to the 1/4".  Any change in sound would be placebo.

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #625 of 785
Anyone thought about rolling those opamps in the NFB/1 Amp? I don't even know what would be compatible / alternative or what would be the impact but I have had good results with the Burson V5 in other amps.

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #626 of 785
my c2 is on the way...tomorrow if god wants it will be on my desk. i didn't want to go nuts buying aftermarket cables to go balanced when i can get the same amount of power in SE, so i skipped the amp1.
can't wait to see if my lcd2 will scale a bit. i have a mimby . fingers crossed

Feb 23, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #627 of 785
You're 
  my c2 is on the way...tomorrow if god wants it will be on my desk. i didn't want to go nuts buying aftermarket cables to go balanced when i can get the same amount of power in SE, so i skipped the amp1.
can't wait to see if my lcd2 will scale a bit. i have a mimby . fingers crossed

You're going to love it...I'm using the 1amp with mimby and hd650.  Let me know how you like the LCD2 with c2, planar cans will probably be my next purchase.

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #629 of 785
I got myself an NFB1-AMP along with a pair Chinese-made AkG k701 i modded to balanced (4-wire cable in its last version). This a mini-review.

The reason to choose the NFB1-amp over the c-2 was i wanted to use the balance out of my Master-7 DAC, the ACSS being used for the speakers setup.

So far, so very good. After about 50 hours put on the amp and around 150 on the cans, i am delighted to hear inflexions never heard before through speakers out of my firmware-upgraded Master-7.

This amp is a real audiophile piece, and as such, it will not be at its best with poor recordings, like many pop music records out there i won't name (but it is nonetheless forgiving). Therefore, for jazz or classical, it's wonderful. The AKG k701 are reputed as light on bass, but is not in my setup. I love the bass depth and definition the setup brings. The NFB1-AMP is up to the task of properly driving the K701. This set of cans is a tricky one, it needs some juice to extract the most out of it. And the NFB-1AMP is more than adequate. In fact, the point in my buying such a powerful amp is i intend to acquire better cans within the next months and i knew power would not be a problem. It is not cheap for just occasional listening sessions on cans - i am more of a speaker guy - but headphones are growing on me.

The sound of the amp is typical of audio-gd: good dynamics without harshness, very natural, relaxing, musical, resolving, clean and easy to listen to for hours. I have bought 7 audio-gd gears all in all and i don't regret buying a single one. With the NFB-1amp, i see the fit and finish improved compared to my previous acquisitions which is a pleasant surprise. I really like the style and philosophy behing those gears. I think the built and overall quality is second to none in the price range. It is always amazing to pop the cover up and look inside (even more so with a master series piece of equipment).

Be sure to feed this amp with a quality source because, of course, with a faithful amp, it's garbage-in garbage-out, there is no miracle.

The soundstaging is a very strong point with the NFB-1AMP. And i just love of good the volume knobs operates. Feels smooth, quick and accurate. Sonically, it is a first-rate volume control as well: it is very transparent and you will never get any channel imbalance whatever the listening level.

This amp is not cheap but worth every penny and much more. I have a master-1 as pre and i am curious to set the Nfb-1amp against it. I am sure it does a very fine job, just curious to see how close they are for such a price difference.

I had an eye on this amp for months, recognizing it as a great design and a great value. For me, it is a bit of a collector's item. I knew i would buy one at some point.

The only weakness is perhaps the chassis not being as thick and sturdy as a master series one. But i am being picky. It's a very nice chassis.

Highly recommended amp.

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #630 of 785
I would be really interested in a comparison between the nfb-1 and the master series.

I use the nfb-1 for headphones and as a preamp for my speaker Setup going balanced to a Audio-GD C-10 Power AMP and was always wondering if an upgrade to master is worth it.

And i am also really happy with audio GD gear, i have the nfb-1.32 as DAC, and the C-10 drives my von schweikerts wonderfully, just superb gear :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back