Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary Edition, NFB-1AMP, NFB-3AMP)
Sep 25, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #783 of 785
Wow, no replies in this thread for over 3 years. :O I may as well post that I ended up ordering a Master 19. It is supposed to be showing up here on Tuesday. I still have the C-2 2017 Edition amp, so if anyone is interested I can do a comparison with the Master 19 before I sell the C-2.

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #784 of 785
Wow, no replies in this thread for over 3 years. :O I may as well post that I ended up ordering a Master 19. It is supposed to be showing up here on Tuesday. I still have the C-2 2017 Edition amp, so if anyone is interested I can do a comparison with the Master 19 before I sell the C-2.
Please do that 🙏

Would love to get your impressions when running both with the RCA inputs.

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #785 of 785
Alright, so here is my quick review of the Master 19.

Bass Response - The Master 19 is quick, tight, defined, detailed, beautifully textured, and impactful. It does not have any of that one note characteristic that some other headphone amps sometimes have. Low frequencies are represented just as they should sound, and there is no strain present. This amp has excellent dynamics. It never struggles to display any of the bass notes. It presents the bass with correct authority and precision. The C-2 amp is far more loose, not as defined, and not as detailed.

Midrange and Soundstage Response - The Master 19 has a significantly better soundstage than the C-2. The width, depth, and even the height are all well beyond the speaker or headphone being used. Any headphone or speaker will display a noticeable soundstage improvement when connected to the Master 19. Instruments have excellent detail, and are all nicely seperated and in their own space. Everything is well textured and has excellent layering. This amp makes it very easy to focus on just one aspect of the recording if you choose to do so. Vocals are very clean and detailed, and sound very realistic. The vocalist sounds as though they are in the room with you. Micro and macro details are being totally exposed with ease within the music, and with excellent clarity and focus.

Treble Response - The Master 19 is clean, smooth, and extended. There is no grain or harshness present at all. This is a very detailed amp, but it does so without ever being fatiguing in any way. The Master 19 allows the listener to just continue turning up the volume because all it offers is musical enjoyment and high resolution. Neutrality and naturalness are the name of the game with the Master 19. Things sound just as they should. Cymbals and snare hits sound totally correct. There is no additional brightness presented anywhere in the upper frequencies.

I can't find a single fault with the sound of the Master 19. I probably have about 40 hours of usage on it now, and it just continues to sound better and better as it burns in. If you hid this unit, had someone listen to it, and then asked them what they thought it cost, there is no way they would guess 880 US or around there. They would guess much higher in cost. The sound quality far exceeds its price point. That is how good this headphone amp/preamp sounds. If you are currently a C-2 or NFB-1 owner, and are looking for a significant upgrade, the Master 19 will blow your doors off. It is an amazing upgrade in sound quality in all aspects. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back