Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary Edition, NFB-1AMP, NFB-3AMP)
Apr 23, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #662 of 785
  If I connect the Mimby to NFB-1AMP, will SQ be worse than connecting to C2? It looks like the 1AMP is future proof if I buy balanced DAC.

I don't see why it would be worse. The NFB-1AMP will just split the signal into balanced. The only time getting an NFB-1AMP isn't worth it is if you're only going to use single-ended headphones (the 6.3mm/1/4" socket).

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #664 of 785
  The SE OUT from the Mimby to the 1AMP SE IN will be converted to balanced signal if I connect my Senn HD 600 terminated with XLR, right?

Yes, it will.

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #665 of 785
I had Schiit Bifrost 4490 stacked with Asgard 2 and recently sold the Bifrost. I purchased Schiit Mimby recently.  I use Senn HD600 single ended. I planned to replace the Asgard with Jotunheim but I am not sure now after reading reviews. If I decide to go with Audio-GD amp, which will get the most out of the Mimby between C2 and NFB-1AMP? I can terminate the S/E connector to balanced. Thanks.

Jot is great but unless you go balanced you don't get much juice and sonically speaking is identical to the asgard2.
Get the c2. Plenty of power for any can, maybe even the he6. I personally don't like senn 600,if you want to get something more from your music, try audeze. I have mimby with c2 and with the jumpers to get warmer sound, im very happy. Oh you get the remote too...

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #667 of 785
  Has anyone tried both the 1/4 and XRL outputs on the C-2? Hove you noticed a difference in the sound quality? How about the same test run on the 1AMP?

The XLR output on the C-2 will be connected directly to the 1/4" output so the sound will be identical. With the NFB-1AMP, the XLR output is connected to both "sides" of the balanced circuit, whereas the 1/4" output will only be connected to one half, which will, depending on the headphones, have a minor effect on the sound.

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #669 of 785
If I use the 4 pin XLR male balanced to 1/4 female adaptor connecting to the 1Amp's balanced headphone jack, will the headphone get a full functionality of balanced output?

That'll bring out the magic smoke.

Apr 25, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #670 of 785

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #672 of 785
Apr 28, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #673 of 785
I am about to order NFB-1AMP but I have a question regarding the display auto off function.

Does this mean the display auto off function is built in now?
http://audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1AMP/NFB1AMPEN_Use.htm

The display auto dark : Push into the jumper is auto dark .Please operate the jumper while the unit power off .

Yeah, you just have to change the jumper setting. The only thing I don't like is that the display doesn't completely turn off. There's still a "dash" in the middle of the display, which I guess is to let you know the amp is on. I would have preferred if it just turned off completely.

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #674 of 785
G'day,

I'm on the cusp of ordering an NFB-1 amp, however I've got one question regarding the custom gain options. I'll be driving a pair of HE-560's (45ohm, 90db), so does anyone know if I'll need order +(x) gain? Or should the default 16db gain suffice?

Based on everything I've been able to read thus far, I'm under the impression the default gain should be fine, but I'd just like to get piece of mind before taking the plunge.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back