Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary Edition, NFB-1AMP, NFB-3AMP)
Dec 21, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #571 of 785

I'm curious as well how the C-2 11th compares to the Jotenheim. 

This what you're looking for?

Quote:
I got both C211th and Jot. Short and sharp- use jot for balance or C211th for single ended.
Both have good points . Jot is clearer but not as musical then C211th. It depend on the type of hp you are using.

1) Jot good point= clear imaging , balance output=great power=great for high impedance hp with warm signature.

2) C211th good points= better digital volume , remote control, 4 inputs and 2 outputs. ACSS if you connect to another Agd component.

Anything i miss? Right now C2th is my preamp to Jot.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #572 of 785
I personally can't see the Jotenheim being a better amp than the C-2.  Sorry, I just can't.  And before you dismiss me out of hand, I own a C-2, Ragnarok, Vali, and previously a Lyr 2.  Schiit amps are powerful and detailed, but not very musical.  The C-2, especially if connected via ACSS to an Audio-gd DAC is something to behold.  Powerful, detailed, yet musical and smooth.

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #573 of 785
I personally can't see the Jotenheim being a better amp than the C-2.  Sorry, I just can't.  And before you dismiss me out of hand, I own a C-2, Ragnarok, Vali, and previously a Lyr 2.  Schiit amps are powerful and detailed, but not very musical.  The C-2, especially if connected via ACSS to an Audio-gd DAC is something to behold.  Powerful, detailed, yet musical and smooth.

Can I ask what Audio Gd DAC you are using? The DAC 19?

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #574 of 785
I was aiming at acss nos dac to match my C211th until mimby came along and could not resist the pricing,no regret at this point.I figure when audiogd migrate to the next latest xmos model, will decide again:grimacing:Now hands full with with another NOS TDA1545A dac.

Dec 22, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #575 of 785
I was aiming at acss nos dac to match my C211th until mimby came along and could not resist the pricing,no regret at this point.I figure when audiogd migrate to the next latest xmos model, will decide again:grimacing:Now hands full with with another NOS TDA1545A dac.

So you are currently using the A-GD C-2 11th amp with the Schiit Modi Multibit? Would you say that the two are a good combo? I currently have a mimby but I'm looking to upgrade my amp. 

Dec 22, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #576 of 785

So even the mimby pairs really well with the C2 11th?
My ultimate plan is to maybe pair the DAC 19 with the C2 but the DAC 19 is a little bit expensive for now so I'm thinking of getting the c2 and the mimby and then later on the DAC 19.
What I am looking for that really smooth but detailed sound so I can get lost inside the music so the mimby with the C2 will still provide this?

Dec 22, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #577 of 785
Also, what does Kingwa mean when he says "The PCM1704UK stock in an emergency,
DAC 19 last for sale." 

That quote was taken from the news section of his homepage. Does this mean that they have one DAC 19 left? Or does it mean it is the last run of the DAC 19? If its the last run, how many total do they think they can produce? I'm not sure how seriously I should take this. I read that Audio GD have been saying for a few years that PCM1704 stock was low and that they were going to stop using it, but there are multiple Audio GD products still using the chip years after they said they were running out. Not being critical, just confused is all. Is this a purchase I need to make literally ASAP or do I have a few months of breathing room or even a year? 

Dec 22, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #578 of 785
Also, what does Kingwa mean when he says "[COLOR=FF6600]The [/COLOR][COLOR=FF6600]PCM1704UK stock in an emergency,
DAC 19 last for sale." [/COLOR]

That quote was taken from the news section of his homepage. Does this mean that they have one DAC 19 left? Or does it mean it is the last run of the DAC 19? If its the last run, how many total do they think they can produce? I'm not sure how seriously I should take this. I read that Audio GD have been saying for a few years that PCM1704 stock was low and that they were going to stop using it, but there are multiple Audio GD products still using the chip years after they said they were running out. Not being critical, just confused is all. Is this a purchase I need to make literally ASAP or do I have a few months of breathing room or even a year? 

Maybe email and ask?
That would really be heartbreaking if they stop with that line of production

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #581 of 785
So you are currently using the A-GD C-2 11th amp with the Schiit Modi Multibit? Would you say that the two are a good combo? I currently have a mimby but I'm looking to upgrade my amp. 

Go ahead the mimby have some burittos, figure around 70-80 % of its big ass brother yiggy:grimacing:

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #582 of 785
So even the mimby pairs really well with the C2 11th?
My ultimate plan is to maybe pair the DAC 19 with the C2 but the DAC 19 is a little bit expensive for now so I'm thinking of getting the c2 and the mimby and then later on the DAC 19.
What I am looking for that really smooth but detailed sound so I can get lost inside the music so the mimby with the C2 will still provide this?

Yes, pay peanuts for a nos as a stepping stone, go from there, Theres still 1704 nos chip on other Dac builder and sellers.

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #583 of 785
For interest sake how is the balanced output on the C2 11th?
I know its a single ended amp but is just wondering if its even worth it to terminate a SE headphone cable into a balanced cable.

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #584 of 785
I did a short switch from jotun balance xlr to c2 's xlr out just to check whether its working only. I got a rubber stopper or rather protector to cover the up the c2 xlr permanently.

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #585 of 785
Can I ask what Audio Gd DAC you are using? The DAC 19?

Yes, it's the DAC-19. I haven't upgraded the firmware on it yet though. Don't know if I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back