Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary Edition, NFB-1AMP, NFB-3AMP)
Aug 16, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #556 of 785
Yah most likely that will be the plan as soon as I get either the F1 or Su-1 giving me access to all of the RCA outputs from the dac. (Regen blocking one) Won't be long. Not a huge deal just been curious. Thanks for the feedback!

It's wise to invest a good USB cable from regen to dac like the short curious cable. :)

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #560 of 785
No questions just received one and I usually sub to anything i own. I've paired it with my dac 19, sounds great so far. I just need To gets some hungry headphones again. Currently only have the he-400S and they aren't allowing me to take advantage of the amps power. :grinning:

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #561 of 785
Has anyone compared these (C-2 11th Anniversary Edition or NFB-1AMP) to:
NFB 11
NFB 28 / 29
Jotunheim?

Although said to be decent value at $100, the DAC part of the Jotunheim is generally reported as the weak link. Users here are preferring the Jot with a multibit DAC.
So I'd have thought the C-2 and NFB-1 is the main alternative to the Jot, and I'd be interested in how they compare.

The NFB 11 is cheaper, and comes with a DAC - something that may not be ideal from a digital noise point of view.
The NFB 28 / 29 are same design on the outside as the C-2 and NFB-1, but they have integrated DACs.

I'm surprised by the lack of attention for these separate amp/preamps. Is it simply that the DACs integrated into the NFB 28/29 are so good that they make these separates unnecessary for most?

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #562 of 785
Owning the C-2 11th (really love this little amp) i too would be curious to see what an experienced user thought about it in comparison to the Jot, specifically with the HD650 as both seem to be great amps for those headphones. 

Perhaps pose the question in a Jot thread? If you come across any info please do report back here!

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #563 of 785
  Owning the C-2 11th (really love this little amp) i too would be curious to see what an experienced user thought about it in comparison to the Jot, specifically with the HD650 as both seem to be great amps for those headphones. 

Perhaps pose the question in a Jot thread? If you come across any info please do report back here!

I thought we'd be more likely to find an Audio-GD user with Jot experience here, than vice versa on the Jot thread, but you're welcome to pose the question there :)  I don't want to be pestering people :)

Dec 18, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #565 of 785

I compared an old Compass 2 with my Jot. They were quite similar in the amp section. The treble of the Jot was not as extended, and the soundstage was slightly less wide than the Compass 2. The Compass 2 was tested with the SE out and Jot balanced out with Vega as DAC.

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #566 of 785
I got both C211th and Jot. Short and sharp- use jot for balance or C211th for single ended.
Both have good points . Jot is clearer but not as musical then C211th. It depend on the type of hp you are using.

1) Jot good point= clear imaging , balance output=great power=great for high impedance hp with warm signature.

2) C211th good points= better digital volume , remote control, 4 inputs and 2 outputs. ACSS if you connect to another Agd component.

Anything i miss? Right now C2th is my preamp to Jot.

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #567 of 785
I got both C211th and Jot. Short and sharp- use jot for balance or C211th for single ended.
Both have good points . Jot is clearer but not as musical then C211th. It depend on the type of hp you are using.

1) Jot good point= clear imaging , balance output=great power=great for high impedance hp with warm signature.

2) C211th good points= better digital volume , remote control, 4 inputs and 2 outputs. ACSS if you connect to another Agd component.

Oh yeah all is connected to mimby including my vintage nad3020.

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #568 of 785

Thanks for the comparison,
I would have loved a comparison between the NFB 1 amp and the Jot using balanced output, because I am not entirely sure the NFB 1amp is worth the extra money in terms of purely judging on sound quality

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #569 of 785
Thanks for the comparison,
I would have loved a comparison between the NFB 1 amp and the Jot using balanced output, because I am not entirely sure the NFB 1amp is worth the extra money in terms of purely judging on sound quality

i would think the power transformer in jot definitely better hence the distinctively clear imaging but not a fully Class A amp.Soundstage is larger on C211th like brother of NFB 1amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back