Three Brand New Earphones: Sony IER-Z1R, IER-M9 and IER-M7
Nov 27, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #406 of 1,485
Damn, Damn, Damn! as I'll be in Asia in Dec and Jan and was hoping to to compare the Z1R to the Z5 using my ZX300, Well, guess I'll have to settle for comparing them to the M9 and then just make a judgement call when the Z1R becomes widely available.
A few shops in Hong Kong has it for sale and you can demo everything.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #408 of 1,485
But the Z1R won't be there right? I think that's what why hes bummed out.
I demoed it four times. As stated before a few shops steered me away from it.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #409 of 1,485
I demoed it four times. As stated before a few shops steered me away from it.
Gotcha. So it's available for demo at a few places, but won't be able to be sold? All of this release date info now has me confused. I also want to demo the Z1R to see if it's it's comfortable enough for me and if the sound is crazy good as some have claimed. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I am definitely intrigued.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #410 of 1,485
Gotcha. So it's available for demo at a few places, but won't be able to be sold? All of this release date info now has me confused. I also want to demo the Z1R to see if it's it's comfortable enough for me and if the sound is crazy good as some have claimed. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I am definitely intrigued.
I think its not the final edition. You can buy it if you like to.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #412 of 1,485
I’m personally extremely pleased with M9 and WM1A pairing. Balance out is a must as M9 rather is power thirsty.

I can’t wait to hear how ier-Z1R sounds, considering how the M9 completely outclassed the MDR-z1R.

It made my acs emotion sound incoherent albeit emotion are still more dynamic and bass has a more dynamic type decay.

I can kinda imagine what you're saying. I owned the full sized Z1R and it was good for some music like mushy love ballads and slower paced music and not good with music that had fast and punchy bass and it was too sloppy and muddy as it could just not keep up properly.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #414 of 1,485
Where did you get that decal from?

I've just replaced the Andromeda by this guy. Soundstage seems not as wide as the Andro, but the bass has more speed, more power and punchy. Since i'm not a bass head, so it's difficult for me to exactly express the bass quality for you guys. In terms of bass quantity, i think M9 has less quantity than Andromeda

Treble and mid are brighter and extremely clarity and detail, i think M9 has even more detail than Andromeda, so if you love Instrumental music like Jazz, Rock, Metal, you should defenitely try this one.

Another cool thing i found that i can reskin the carbon shell for protection and customization very well

46718928_1923177501051100_3471400646907789312_n.jpg

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #416 of 1,485
I did with accessory jack but returned them unopened. If I'm buying blindly then it will have to be from Amazon. I doubt the used market are good for these if I didn't like them as they haven't been hyped like the Solaris which would be a minimal loss if I were to buy those. I already picked up the A12t with the 64 Audio BF sale. I hate buying blind unless its $500 or less. There's the LA meet in January that maybe I could go to if my pain level isn't too high and hope it's there along with other stuff I'd like to check out first before buying. Or we'll see about going to Japan. There's a promo for a round trip right now from LA to Narita for $440 or so. But my girlfriend has never been to Japan before and she prefers to go with a group tour the first time. I've been to Tokyo a few times, but not in the past ten years and I also don't feel that comfortable doing our own thing too as my Japanese is rusty too.
Try e-earphones in Japan, they have shops around Japan, you can sit comfortable and take as much time you like, they have them there, I was there a few days ago re-terminate a cable.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #417 of 1,485
I don't see them for demo in the Mongkok branch. They have 2 other branches, one in Tsim Sha Tsui & Causeway Bay. Though, it's more likely that the Causeway Bay branch would have them compared to the rest.
You want the CWB branch, even the JE is only available at CWB branch.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #418 of 1,485
I don't see them for demo in the Mongkok branch. They have 2 other branches, one in Tsim Sha Tsui & Causeway Bay. Though, it's more likely that the Causeway Bay branch would have them compared to the rest.
Right Shop at Mong Kok also Jaben at Mong Kok and Lets Go Audio in Wan Chai.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #419 of 1,485
Thanks for the info, I'll check them out and also ask my contacts in Japan and see if the big retail chains have units available for demo.
Its not available in Japan ATM, they haven't advertised it as a Japanese released model, so a demo is not possible, only the M7 and M9, I just came back from Japan, if any place should have them, it's e-earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back