Three Brand New Earphones: Sony IER-Z1R, IER-M9 and IER-M7
Nov 15, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #391 of 1,485
That's just silly. The EX1000 is good value at its MSRP, but not at $1000. There are lots of better options at that price.
This place is so evil...
If I have to be left stranded on a deserted island and I have to pick one IEM to go with my WM1Z , the EX1000 is far down on that list.
I would also say that the EX1000 is still good value at 1000 USD. There are a lot of way more expensive IEMs out there that don't sound that good. I can totally see that one some music the EX1000 is way to bright, but on most its an amazing experience.
But the thing here is that no one needs to pay 1000 USD, you can still find them new for 500 USD if you go and important them from SEA Region. And used once in quite a good condition can be bought for around 300 USD (varies obviously).

Never the less how much someone would spend, I would just say that overall most people agree that the EX1000 is a great IEM and that it shows that if a product is truly good it does not need high prices to show it.

Nov 15, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #392 of 1,485
That's just silly. The EX1000 is good value at its MSRP, but not at $1000. There are lots of better options at that price.
This place is so evil... If I have to be left stranded on a deserted island and I have to pick one IEM to go with my WM1Z , the EX1000 is far down on that list.

Which one would you pick then?
Me right now Solaris :D

Nov 15, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #393 of 1,485
Se5ult its great ( no joke ) :) especially with lpg and wm1z, but listening to electronics and ambient ( my favorite Astronaut Ape , Koan ,Schiller , Ex1000 sounds more openly, freely, with similar resolution and af course bass is faster and better controlled , resolution and depth similar to Se5ult
Thanks for the casual mention of electronics-ambient artists. Schiller is new to me; just listening to Life...I Feel You.
Anymore electronics artist you like?

Nov 15, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #394 of 1,485
I have a few albums I like :)
- Leon Bolier -Phantasma, and Pictures
Phantasma -Shimamoto , Dark Star, Fly Back To Her..
Pictures- Singapure, Portaits of Spain, Poseidon, Ocean drive Boulevard. ..
Astronaut Ape -Flight 420
Astronaut Ape - The Mirror
Astronaut Ape -Unknown Sector
Blank & Jones- 2003 Relax edition One
Schiller -Zeitgeist,Weltreise, Leben...
Connect. OHM/9980/ ...
Microcosmos -Chill Out 1-3
And Selected Songs
Koan- Selena's Song, Watermarks , Back To The Silent Lagoon
Enigma -The Die Is Cast, Amen
Marek Bilinski -Ucieczka z Tropikow , Fontanna Radości
Enya- Humming , Caribbean Blue, Boadicea, May It Be
Enjoy :)
Thanks for the casual mention of electronics-ambient artists. Schiller is new to me; just listening to Life...I Feel You.
Anymore electronics artist you like?

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #395 of 1,485
This place is so evil...
If I have to be left stranded on a deserted island and I have to pick one IEM to go with my WM1Z , the EX1000 is far down on that list.
because I listen to a lot of ambient and electro music, if I had to choose between se5ult, obravo eamt2c, ex1000 only with Wm1z ( 3.0 firmware)
I would definitely choose ex1000 :)

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #396 of 1,485
I have a few albums I like :)
- Leon Bolier -Phantasma, and Pictures
Phantasma -Shimamoto , Dark Star, Fly Back To Her..
Pictures- Singapure, Portaits of Spain, Poseidon, Ocean drive Boulevard. ..
Astronaut Ape -Flight 420
Astronaut Ape - The Mirror
Astronaut Ape -Unknown Sector
Blank & Jones- 2003 Relax edition One
Schiller -Zeitgeist,Weltreise, Leben...
Connect. OHM/9980/ ...
Microcosmos -Chill Out 1-3
And Selected Songs
Koan- Selena's Song, Watermarks , Back To The Silent Lagoon
Enigma -The Die Is Cast, Amen
Marek Bilinski -Ucieczka z Tropikow , Fontanna Radości
Enya- Humming , Caribbean Blue, Boadicea, May It Be
Enjoy :)
Thanks so much.
I'm going to give them a go one at a time.

Nov 20, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #397 of 1,485
Nov 26, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #398 of 1,485
I've just replaced the Andromeda by this guy. Soundstage seems not as wide as the Andro, but the bass has more speed, more power and punchy. Since i'm not a bass head, so it's difficult for me to exactly express the bass quality for you guys. In terms of bass quantity, i think M9 has less quantity than Andromeda

Treble and mid are brighter and extremely clarity and detail, i think M9 has even more detail than Andromeda, so if you love Instrumental music like Jazz, Rock, Metal, you should defenitely try this one.

Another cool thing i found that i can reskin the carbon shell for protection and customization very well

46718928_1923177501051100_3471400646907789312_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #399 of 1,485
I’m personally extremely pleased with M9 and WM1A pairing. Balance out is a must as M9 rather is power thirsty.

I can’t wait to hear how ier-Z1R sounds, considering how the M9 completely outclassed the MDR-z1R.

It made my acs emotion sound incoherent albeit emotion are still more dynamic and bass has a more dynamic type decay.

Nov 27, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #401 of 1,485
^Seem a nice deal.. When was it supposed to be delivered before it got delayed BTW?
I've just replaced the Andromeda by this guy. Soundstage seems not as wide as the Andro, but the bass has more speed, more power and punchy. Since i'm not a bass head, so it's difficult for me to exactly express the bass quality for you guys. In terms of bass quantity, i think M9 has less quantity than Andromeda

Treble and mid are brighter and extremely clarity and detail, i think M9 has even more detail than Andromeda, so if you love Instrumental music like Jazz, Rock, Metal, you should defenitely try this one.

Another cool thing i found that i can reskin the carbon shell for protection and customization very well

46718928_1923177501051100_3471400646907789312_n.jpg
That flat carbon Fibre-ish part really is a prime spot to put your own logo eh :ksc75smile:

Nov 27, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #402 of 1,485
These M9 reviews are all over the place. Some say it's lifeless and some love the musicality of them. I wish there was somewhat of a consensus on them. If they are a bit power hungry that could be the reason behind the bad reviews. I realize that many here in the IEM section only use portable sources and many of them are under powered, but I mostly use IEMs with a hugo 2 and I also have a headamp Gilmore mk2 that I like to use with IEMs if they like more juice.

Unless I get to audition them, chances are slim I'd buy them. It would be too much of a gamble to buy them unless I can find them on Amazon. I haven't checked if they are on there but I'll look later. I'm trying to plan a trip to Tokyo next year and if we go then I'd make sure to go to Akihabara and listen to them. Plus I love toku so I'd be able to hit up all of the stores catering to otakus.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #403 of 1,485
These M9 reviews are all over the place. Some say it's lifeless and some love the musicality of them. I wish there was somewhat of a consensus on them. If they are a but power hungry that could be the reason behind the bad reviews. I realize that many here in the IEM section only use portable sources and many of them are under powered, but I mostly use IEMs with a hugo 2 and I also have a headamp Gilmore mk2 that I like to use with IEMs if they like more juice.

Unless I get to audition them, chances are slim I'd buy them. It would be too much of a gamble to buy them unless I can find them on Amazon. I haven't checked if they are on there but I'll look later. I'm trying to plan a trip to Tokyo next year and if we go then I'd make sure to go to Akihabara and listen to them. Plus I love toku so I'd be able to hit up all of the stores catering to otakus.
If you want to be certain, buy one, your ear will tell you otherwise.

Nov 27, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #404 of 1,485
Just received a call from Sony, explaining the delivery for the Z1R will be delayed till early Feb 2019. They will compensate for the delay by offering a free Sony Kimber Kable.

Damn, Damn, Damn! as I'll be in Asia in Dec and Jan and was hoping to to compare the Z1R to the Z5 using my ZX300, Well, guess I'll have to settle for comparing them to the M9 and then just make a judgement call when the Z1R becomes widely available.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #405 of 1,485
If you want to be certain, buy one, your ear will tell you otherwise.

I did with accessory jack but returned them unopened. If I'm buying blindly then it will have to be from Amazon. I doubt the used market are good for these if I didn't like them as they haven't been hyped like the Solaris which would be a minimal loss if I were to buy those. I already picked up the A12t with the 64 Audio BF sale. I hate buying blind unless its $500 or less. There's the LA meet in January that maybe I could go to if my pain level isn't too high and hope it's there along with other stuff I'd like to check out first before buying. Or we'll see about going to Japan. There's a promo for a round trip right now from LA to Narita for $440 or so. But my girlfriend has never been to Japan before and she prefers to go with a group tour the first time. I've been to Tokyo a few times, but not in the past ten years and I also don't feel that comfortable doing our own thing too as my Japanese is rusty too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back