Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Sep 3, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #3,856 of 3,962
Well, I reached my limit today. Nearly 23 months and no amp. Xin's own "Currently Shipping" post is 8 months out of date, and $300 out of pocket.

I emailed Xin and requested that my order be canceled and to be refunded.

I fully expected to need to wait a week or more before I heard anything back, but to my surprise less than 10 minutes later I got my refund.

Good luck to those of you still waiting.

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #3,857 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I reached my limit today. Nearly 23 months and no amp. Xin's own "Currently Shipping" post is 8 months out of date, and $300 out of pocket.

I emailed Xin and requested that my order be canceled and to be refunded.

I fully expected to need to wait a week or more before I heard anything back, but to my surprise less than 10 minutes later I got my refund.

Good luck to those of you still waiting.

So he is still around?? Interesting. Wondering now what would happen if you reordered the amp today. How long would it take???

I'm at the 25 month spot. Thankfully, I used credit card so not out any monies.

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #3,858 of 3,962
ed here, its really getting beyond and the beyond 2 yrs waiting at this stage ill go on the drink ,honestly and further i might not be able to hear ..too old age..thanks be to god i still have my faculties? whatever that is you know what i mean honest to god ,whats up with hm just dropt in lately for anything interesting on the the latest news all the best ed

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #3,861 of 3,962
Removed? It shouldn't have been put up in the first place. Done by a moderator as he first started moderating........presumably because another builder was/is indeed cheating customers. As time proved with another thread - this was NEVER the case with Dr. Xin.
The other dynamic that is particularly curious is adults when spurned learn to move on. IOW don't moon and moan about a lover or amp designer/builder - go elsewhere where happiness and rainbows exist. That could be with Justin, or perhaps Ray.......or others.Where is the pleasure in mooning about anniversaries? Get on with life! Dogs always live in the present - when will more humans become smart enough to do the same.
I see Isborken is back and looking for attention, again.

Sep 12, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #3,862 of 3,962
I for one appreciate this thread and the sticky. I remember all the hype when Xin was big news. While I didn't get one, I had strongly considered them at that time. I see this post as helping new people, or returning people, sort fact from fiction. It's very easy to do research, stumble upon old posts praising his amps, and then go trying to buy one from his site. IMO the information on this post (and the site) just help to make people more conscious decisions. My thanks to the immtbiker for starting it and for all those who keep it going. It's this close community and accountability that keeps more scamming from happening.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #3,863 of 3,962
^^^ the depth of your denial is beyond belief
confused.gif
I see why you are a favorite of Xin's. for you to be so convinced of Xins 'perfectly reasonable' behavior is confusing to me.

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #3,864 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In July and August(2008), I had sent two requests to Dr. Xin for a refund of the Paypal funds sent for a Reference order in August 2007. I never got a reply or the refund, so I just sent Dr. Xin another email (Sept 2008) asking him to disregard the requests for a refund and to keep the order in place.

After two email requests, and a post on fixup.net, requesting a Paypal refund, two months later, I had received no reply, and no refund. When it looked as though Dr. Xin was back, I sent another email asking to disregard the requests for a cancellation/refund. This was back in July ( refund request 1), August (refund request 2), September(disregard refund requests) 2008. I HAVE received replies from Dr. Xin to other emails I have sent to him requesting his confirmation of having received the order, and specifying which version of Reference to fill this order with. So, I think that I'm using the correct Xin email subject protocol and tips when sending him an email.

I'm one of the "summer of 2007" Reference buyers still awaiting the fulfillment of my order.
Just now, I sent to Dr. Xin, by email, a new request to cancel this order and to receive a refund of the funds paid through Paypal. I'll post the results of this new cancellation/refund request either when there are results to post, or after an appropriate length of time if I get no reply.

Sep 13, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #3,865 of 3,962
^^ case in point....

also
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack
So, I think that I'm using the correct Xin email subject protocol and tips when sending him an email.

just the fact that there are tips and email subject protocol as an attempt to circumvent being totally and utterly ignored says it all

Sep 19, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #3,866 of 3,962
Everyone who's confused:
Buying Xin amps isn't a good idea unless you want to have them by the next christmas after next christmas.
Buy iBasso / RSA

YEY

Sep 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #3,867 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone who's confused:
Buying Xin amps isn't a good idea unless you want to have them by the christmas after next christmas.
Buy iBasso / RSA

YEY

fixed
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #3,869 of 3,962
I really want to buy XIN Reference but i can't wait till ...... So if someone interested to sell there precious Reference, please contact me.....

Sep 20, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #3,870 of 3,962
wow, i was thinking of getting another Xin amp (i bought at the end of 2006 to replace my older supermini from 2005) and had to wait 4 or 5 months. I thought that wait was interminable, but 23, 25 months is in no way worth it. They are good amps, but not worth two years of waiting - no way. very glad I saw this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back