Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Oct 11, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #3,888 of 3,962
Sorry eddie here ive havent been here for awhile has haybody even got one unit from the great doctor i woiuld like to know im past my sell by date on my credit card, im not reordering thats makes one less on the waiting list if it makes any difference at this stage ive givven up..Eddie

Oct 12, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #3,889 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ed lynch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry eddie here ive havent been here for awhile has haybody even got one unit from the great doctor i woiuld like to know im past my sell by date on my credit card, im not reordering thats makes one less on the waiting list if it makes any difference at this stage ive givven up..Eddie

Hi eddie. I've given up too. About a month ago, I sent Dr. Xin an email requesting that my order be cancelled and that the money that I paid by Paypal be refunded. So far, I've received no reply and no refund. I'm about to send a "2nd attempt" email requesting again to cancel the order and have my money refunded. So, as far as I'm concerned, no new amps, no responses to emails from the good doctor. Although another has recently posted having received a refund within 10 minutes of requesting it.

I DO, however, continue to enjoy the equipment I've purchased from other vendors during the 26 months since I placed the Reference order.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #3,890 of 3,962
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that if you're interested I just put up a 2008 Xin Supermicro IV for sale. Case is clear and in excellent condition. The unit is in perfect operating condition. There are pictures.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #3,891 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardsean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that if you're interested I just put up a 2008 Xin Supermicro IV for sale. Case is clear and in excellent condition. The unit is in perfect operating condition. There are pictures.

Too bad it isn't a super mini IV instead...

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #3,892 of 3,962
Will buy it if it a Macro instead...

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #3,893 of 3,962
Hi,

This will be my last post here as I know it's self-serving. However, as a comment, I owned both the latest updated supermini IV and the supermicro IV. I was also interested in the revised mini. The micro, of course, doesn't have the special features (bass boost, variable impedance, crossfeed). However, side by side, the micro was still the "special" amp; the one with the clarity, soundstage, tube-like texture, etc. I ended up choosing the micro, and selling the mini.

Nov 5, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #3,894 of 3,962
I originally ordered the micro and got confirmation. But then I changed it to a mini in March for the flatter form factor, xinfeed, and other features, but I never got confirmation. Last I heard from Xin was an email in January that the micro would ship in a month...

Nov 8, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #3,895 of 3,962
its me again...
tongue.gif

27 month anniversary here.

Nov 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #3,896 of 3,962
He he, these build times are just hilarious. In a horrible way!
I know that he probably hand built these himself, but 27 months and running...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 8, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #3,897 of 3,962
He he, these build times are just hilarious. In a horrible way!
I know that he probably hand built these himself, but 27 months and running...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 8, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #3,898 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its me again...
tongue.gif

27 month anniversary here.

Mine too, as Quaddy and I placed our Reference orders on the same day.

Two months ago, though, I sent an email to Dr. Xin asking that my Reference Order be cancelled, and that I be sent a refund of funds paid by PayPal.

When, a month ago, I had received no reply and no refund, the Head-Fier who had recently successfully asked for such a refund - and got it within hours - very kindly sent me a PM with how they had constructed their request: email address, email subject and the wording of their email. I modeled my 2nd attempt email after this successful prototype. It was very similar to my 1st attempt email.

It is now a second month later, and, as of this post, I have received neither a reply nor a refund from Dr. Xin. I'm going to send a 3rd attempt email requesing to cancel this order and a refund of funds paid by PayPal. I'll let you all know the results from this 3rd attempt as well. So far, it appears that Dr. Xin is not accessible for me to communicate to him my request to cancel my order and to receive a refund of funds paid for it.

Nov 9, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #3,900 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there no honesty among rocket scientists?

I actually think that he's honest enough, just not attentive or accessible during these "away" periods. I'm expecting, one of these days, that he'll take time or remember to take a look at his "Xin Feng Co." emails and that I'll get a PayPal refund with a one word comment, "Sorry". When that might be, ah, there's the rub!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back