Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
May 9, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #3,781 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
21 month anniversary.

X2 - same day.
It looked good back in January 2009 that our order numbers would come up very soon, but then order fulfillment went back around to the Dark Side of the Moon where communication and completed/shipped amps seem to have stalled again - sigh.

May 16, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #3,782 of 3,962
I can't believe this thread is still active. To offer some hope, Xin is still out there making and shipping amps. He just does them in flurries every couple of months. I can't defend his business behaviour. I feel sorry for those who have waited a long time.

May 21, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #3,786 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnaKinDV8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel nothing for this thread and the amp i ordered almost a year and a half ago. My D10 is coming. I don't feel anything at all.

My D10 arrived yesterday. It sounded refined, layered and really nice right out of the box. Today, with about 12 or so hours of use, I can hear more depth (dynamic and spatial) in its output. I'm still very much looking forward to hearing and using the Xin Reference that I ordered 21-22 months ago, and especially more so after reading the improvements that the latest mods (B5 and C5) have made to its sound. It reads as though it's going to be a fine listening instrument. In the meantime, the D10 is a worthwhile and versatile addition to any of our sets of listening instruments, as a DAC, as an amp, and as both.

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #3,790 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
22 month anniversary.

Yesterday was my 22 month anniversary of ordering a Xin Reference as well.

I just checked, and the "Currently Shipping" order number still has not budged from its value of 39143495 that was posted by Xin on 1/22/2009, four and a half months ago. He'll return to fulfill more orders at some point when his consulting work takes a break, and our order numbers will likely (hopefully) be near the top of the queue for fulfilment and shipping.

While waiting for the Reference, I've purchased a RSA SR-71A and an iBasso D10 with some replacement opamps and buffers. So, when the Xin arrives, I'll have a decent set of recent-vintage portable amps with which to compare it. I'm still pretty excited about getting and hearing the Reference, especially with the sonic improvements posted to have been achieved with the B5 and C5 mods over the originally offered configuration.

Jul 1, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #3,792 of 3,962
Xin who?? Sounds like "Who's John Gault?" Forgot about Xin after waiting 24 months

Jul 2, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #3,793 of 3,962
ive wated 3 months and have already given up hope
rolleyes.gif

Jul 2, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #3,794 of 3,962
this really is unacceptable business practice... i mean come on, i don't see how this can possibly take that long. I really feel sorry for your guys.. i'd recommend the Minibox-E+ over the Xin actually.

Consulting? please, fulfilling orders for people who pay hundreds of dollars should be his number one priority.

Jul 2, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #3,795 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophile_Apprentice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this really is unacceptable business practice... i mean come on, i don't see how this can possibly take that long. I really feel sorry for your guys.. i'd recommend the Minibox-E+ over the Xin actually.

Consulting? please, fulfilling orders for people who pay hundreds of dollars should be his number one priority.

hard to do when your order includes a supermicro. some people require tiny for their porta rig.

do give us your experiences with them both though, which 'Xin' are you talking about?, appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back