Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jul 13, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #3,812 of 3,962
From what I've read, it seems like Dr. Xin is the only person who makes the amps, so it's a one man company, and he randomly disappears without telling anyone and they just continue waiting for their product.

Jul 13, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #3,814 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I've read, it seems like Dr. Xin is the only person who makes the amps, so it's a one man company, and he randomly disappears without telling anyone and they just continue waiting for their product.

One Man Company....

Jul 13, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #3,815 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, Xin is the only one who makes them and has the measuring equipment and everything else he needs in one room with trays full of the resistors, caps and other pieces needed for production.

Jul 13, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #3,816 of 3,962
I had sent both my Reference and Supermini IV back to him in January.........and received them both back in February - it took exactly one month to the day. My Reference is now a v.B5, and I also felt the Supermini was even nicer than it had been - the updates were very worthwhile.........and NO, they are NOT for sale.
Whatever has happened to Dr. Xin since those dates....................dunno.
Since the amp business was a personal passion to him, perhaps he accepted a contract for other work whose nature meant he had to work away from home for a few months.

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #3,819 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ed lynch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i donno whethr to a quick response or collapse because im wAITING NEARLY 20 MONTHS FOR THE GOOD DOCTOR TO DELIVER I FEEL YOUR PAIN AND WHO READS THIS IM WITH YOU IN THE MEANTIME ALL THE BESY ...EDDIE

20 months?!?! That's insane...

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #3,821 of 3,962
That's one enviably nice hastily thrown-together desktop rig you've got there, Quaddy!!!

Jul 17, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #3,822 of 3,962
It should be noted that Kaushama started a thread here regarding a Xin Reference v.C he received in May...........there are updates and new Xin amps being delivered that are simply not mentioned here. Frankly, I have seen posters here that I would personally decline.......but, that's me. I am NOT implying knowledge of anyone else's opinions or sctions.

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #3,823 of 3,962
3 years next month. Still have my name on the list and just for giggles might order another one and see which one comes first.

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #3,824 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
20 months?!?! That's insane...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
agreed, anyone who waits that kind of time is clearly mental!!

We all think differently, what may be "insane" or "clearly mental" to each of you may not be to others.
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #3,825 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We all think differently, what may be "insane" or "clearly mental" to each of you may not be to others.
wink.gif

tongue in cheek my friend, i was speaking for myself too - i have been waiting 2 years.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back