Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Mar 23, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #3,751 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would not bother with that myself - I would just use the D10 and if you need a different sound from the amp try some other opamps. I'd be perfectly happy with the stock D10 in that setup.

Larry, if you ever want to take your reviews of audio gear to a wider public forum, consider the title, "The Frugal Audiophile" - that nothing unneccesary is purchased, kept or recommended and hence, waste is minimized in achieving a desired goal. The advice offered above is a good example. This frugality seems to me to characterize your gear acquisition, use and recommendations - including your higher-end, costlier gear as well. It adds real value to your assessments.

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #3,752 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Larry, if you ever want to take your reviews of audio gear to a wider public forum, consider the title, "The Frugal Audiophile" - that nothing unneccesary is purchased, kept or recommended and hence, waste is minimized in achieving a desired goal. The advice offered above is a good example. This frugality seems to me to characterize your gear acquisition, use and recommendations - including your higher-end, costlier gear as well. It adds real value to your assessments.

Thanks. Just recently I tried talking Blutarsky into not getting a used maxed Woo GES for his Stax O2 Mk1, and to just use a nice inexpensive speaker amp with his SRD-7 Mk2 transformer. Then I made him listen to both rigs and I think he agrees that maybe the extra $2000 expense could be used elsewhere if needed.

I like to get the best bang for my buck, and while I do have one stat rig with source/amp/phones and cables that cost me $6000, I have also been known to suggest a more modest iBasso D10 with Westone ES3X that comes close in sound quality, immersion and enjoyment.

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #3,755 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by htotsuka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please report your situation,e.g. order date, shipment date,ets.

thats what this thread was originally for, but as orders are so few and far between, and with the huge delay, people dont post and interest is lost, some have posted a few months back, but quiet since....

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #3,759 of 3,962
Web site, whidh you teach, have not updated almost.
I don't get useful information from this Web site, and
Dr.Xin did not update since 09/01/21.
I have not accepted any information from Dr.Xin.
I paied a cost by PayPal, so he should send confirmation email.
Am I wrong???

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #3,760 of 3,962
your own paypal system should have provided an automated receipt email stating that you just sent payment for however much, doesnt matter though, evidence for this is in your account for xin transaction

but not really expect email from xin, i have only heard a few time from him in two years so its ok, but credit card may have been better as you wouldnt have paid upfront

i expect a new batch of people receiving in the next month, at least i hope so, and that should be me
ph34r.gif

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #3,761 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have you tried here, thats xins forum where there are supposed updates to the shipping number etc

It really is unfortunate that the "Currently shipping" order number has not budged from the 39143495 since 1/22/2009, even though we've seen a few posts since then that orders have been shipped. I recently posted to that thread, asking that the "Currently shipping" order number continue to be updated as orders ship. Not sure when we'll see it update again.

On the "Good News" front is that, as various numbered versions (up through 5 that I've seen posted) of the various lettered configurations (A - D that I've seen posted) have been tested and rated, that the C5 and D5 are getting some thumbs up as notable improvements over the previous versions of these different power-versus-batterylife configurations.

I'm HOPing that the quiet indicates that a default configuration/version has been chosen and that Xin is in production mode - until he bursts out of his workshop at some point and LOTSA orders get shipped. (I really AM a hopelessly romantic dreamer - very Ed Grimley-esque, with all due compliments to Martin Short for his wonderful portrayal of this irrepressible character).

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #3,762 of 3,962
Thank you for good information.

I must wait for sending email from Dr.Xin.
However, I feel insecurity which my order arrives at Dr.Xin and He confirm my order...

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #3,763 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It really is unfortunate that the "Currently shipping" order number has not budged from the 39143495 since 1/22/2009, even though we've seen a few posts since then that orders have been shipped. I recently posted to that thread, asking that the "Currently shipping" order number continue to be updated as orders ship. Not sure when we'll see it update again.

On the "Good News" front is that, as various numbered versions (up through 5 that I've seen posted) of the various lettered configurations (A - D that I've seen posted) have been tested and rated, that the C5 and D5 are getting some thumbs up as notable improvements over the previous versions of these different power-versus-batterylife configurations.

I'm HOPing that the quiet indicates that a default configuration/version has been chosen and that Xin is in production mode - until he bursts out of his workshop at some point and LOTSA orders get shipped. (I really AM a hopelessly romantic dreamer - very Ed Grimley-esque, with all due compliments to Martin Short for his wonderful portrayal of this irrepressible character).

any links to mentions of the d5?, i havent even seen an 'official' list of available configurations even, and cant find any discussions of d5

thanks

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #3,764 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any links to mentions of the d5?, i havent even seen an 'official' list of available configurations even, and cant find any discussions of d5

thanks

As far as an 'official' list of available (lettered) configurations, trading off shorter battery life for providing more power to demanding phones, Xin's post starting this thread on fixup.net, including Xin's invitation to request a particular configuration as might best suit one's headphone's power requirements:

Xin's Cool Talk - Reference versions

I have not encountered any mention of any "H" (Home configuration) boards being sent to anyone - hence I know of no impressions about "H". Such mention may be out there, I have just not yet encountered it.

For updates on the history of numbered versions of the lettered configurations, check out mrarroyo's posts (who helped greatly to speed up all of the burn-in and listening testing during the ensuing proliferation of numbered versions of B through D, with version 5 being the highest of which I have read) in this fixup.net/talk thread. The latest updates, involving the B5, C5, D5 are on the latest pages (36-37) of this thread:

Xin's Cool Talk - New XIN Reference amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back