Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Apr 5, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #3,768 of 3,962
Subject: Re: Receipt 40630957 + Receipt 41019235 from Xin Feng Company
Date: January 9, 2009 7:27:14 PM MST
To: HeadphoneAddict

Hi Larry,

Sorry to tell you that it'll take another month.

Thank you,
Xin

---------

Haven't heard anything since... But then again, I ordered last summer, so I shouldn't expect it till 2010 anyways.

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #3,770 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Subject: Re: Receipt 40630957 + Receipt 41019235 from Xin Feng Company
Date: January 9, 2009 7:27:14 PM MST
To: HeadphoneAddict

Hi Larry,

Sorry to tell you that it'll take another month.

Thank you,
Xin

---------

Haven't heard anything since... But then again, I ordered last summer, so I shouldn't expect it till 2010 anyways.

I just wow'd at this. Is this typical?

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #3,772 of 3,962
Coming up on 20 months here as well.

Last time Xin updated his "Now Shipping" thread was back in January.

I'm considering canceling my order again. *sigh*

May 4, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #3,773 of 3,962
I have a broken reference, one that was shipped in the initial batch, so it's the first version. I have been waiting for Xin to finalize the design so I can send it in to him to get fixed and then updated while he's at it, but i'm getting impatient!

Any advice? Should I keep waiting, or send it in now? thanks

May 4, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #3,774 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wow'd at this. Is this typical?

totally; actually from what i've seen it might be a little optimistic
tongue.gif

May 4, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #3,775 of 3,962
Rhythmdevils - count the Reference as finalized. I had a Beta version and sent it in to him around 1/6/09, asking for the v.B. He returned it a month later fully updated as a B5 (BTW I had included my Supermini IV in the package for updating). I'd chosen the softer/tubier sound because I'm using it with iMod/32 ohm Darths (which have decidedly brighter treble than other versions(, which works out as a rather good combination of atributes.
The Supermini also came back fully updated at the same time. What may be happening since then - I don't know. I'm just saying I'm thoroughly happy with both of them and the changes he has made.

May 4, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #3,776 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rhythmdevils - count the Reference as finalized. I had a Beta version and sent it in to him around 1/6/09, asking for the v.B. He returned it a month later fully updated as a B5 (BTW I had included my Supermini IV in the package for updating). I'd chosen the softer/tubier sound because I'm using it with iMod/32 ohm Darths (which have decidedly brighter treble than other versions(, which works out as a rather good combination of atributes.
The Supermini also came back fully updated at the same time. What may be happening since then - I don't know. I'm just saying I'm thoroughly happy with both of them and the changes he has made.

How does the Reference compare to your other amps?

May 5, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #3,777 of 3,962
kind of strange for there to be multiple versions of a "reference". Doesn't reference kind of inherently imply that there are not different versions?

Does anyone know if he is going to choose one of the versions, or are we to decide? There isn't much information here on which to make a decision...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back