Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
May 14, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #2,881 of 3,962
I have not seen any deliveries made the last couple of month. The story that he is in development mode again is i think a myth. Personally I would say the guy is a crook. He took our money and returned to China. Unless someone can give me some counter evidence. Even illness or an accident can not be an excuse. The fact that someone is taking care of his website means that someone still feels ownership and is taking care of things. So someone must know something about Xin (if it is not Xin himself).

If the diablo mess has indeed been sorted out than Xin is indeed worse than Larry.

What a mess!!

May 14, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #2,883 of 3,962
If I were you, I'd file a complaint with your credit card company disputing the transaction and file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

People need to start taking some action. Sometimes we here on head-fi are too nice.

May 14, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #2,884 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by JarodL1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does someone know the town he lives in so we can contact the local police? Anyone had any experience with something like this (for those who paid by cc)?

According to his website he appears to be located in Corvallis, OR.
EDIT: Assuming the website is up to date..

May 14, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #2,885 of 3,962
I'm kinda glad that I lost my credit card since I ordered a SuperMicro in August. I have a new card number so if he ever decides to make me an amp, he'll have to contact me first and I can decide if I want it or not.

On the other hand, this whole Xin thing is starting to smell really bad if he's not refunding those who paid by PayPal.

May 16, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #2,886 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tha_dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a new record?

I had thought that there were a few others that had ordered and not received from 3/2007... but possibly they got delivered?

If they have been delivered, oh well, I have horrible luck so this is par for the course.

I am a patient person now in my old age, but I am quickly wearing thin. Almost to the point of researching possible actions...

Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you guys that are celebrating anniversaries...cc or paypaled?

I had paid via PayPal... I was aware of the issues when I ordered, but also did not want someone with this level of service having my Credit Card number...

May 16, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #2,887 of 3,962
I wonder how many peeps are still sending money for amps to this person?

Non-Head-Fi'ers can Google-up "Xin amps", and decide to order from the site, because they don't know about the real situation.

The site should be shut-down or disabled or something, it seems.

Or, am I missing something here?

May 16, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #2,888 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by _j_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had paid via PayPal... I was aware of the issues when I ordered, but also did not want someone with this level of service having my Credit Card number...

Having gone past the one year anniversary of my order date, I couldn't be happier that I used a credit card rather than PP. After 45 days opening a PP dispute is fruitless. My CC company is very responsive regarding removing an unauthorized charge.

Last year somehow a miscreant succeeded in using my CC number to purchase 3 New York City Subway multi-trip passes. My CC company recognized that since I lived in CA this was suspicious. Out of the blue, they called me to verify the purchases were mine. I replied in the negative and away they went.

Couldn't have been easier. Thus, if anything else shows up on my account other than a charge for something I have actually received, I gotta figure a simple phone call will clear up the matter while all PP would do is effectively tell me to pound sand...

May 16, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #2,889 of 3,962
This situation really is absolute nonsense. I would suggest that those who have money in his hands, via paypal, start a new thread to find each other. Then contact the Oregon Bar Association and get a referral to a lawyer in Corvallis, or wherever he is. The cost to file suit is trivial compared to the money that seems to be at stake, if a large number of folks are out of pocket on this.

If he won't even respond to emails anymore, something needs to be done, period. It has become apparent that posting here or emailing is not even being noticed, much less producing results.

My two cents - Pat

May 16, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #2,890 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how many peeps are still sending money for amps to this person?

Non-Head-Fi'ers can Google-up "Xin amps", and decide to order from the site, because they don't know about the real situation.

The site should be shut-down or disabled or something, it seems.

Or, am I missing something here?

I strongly doubt there are many folks googling up Xin's site on a whim. If there is a more esoteric arena, I can't think of it off the top of my head. I strongly suspect most, if not all who become interested in owning a Xin amp first learned of them as I did, via Head-Fi or another similar site.

If it wasn't for Head-Fi I would never have known that portable headphone amps, Xin, Ray Samuels, etc. even existed.

Again, using myself as an example, it took me no time at all to learn, via Head-Fi what was up with the various amp makers. Without Head-Fi to educate and guide me I can solidly say the very last thing I would ever have done is blindly purchase a headphone amp.

Thanks to Head-Fi, I knew that if I ordered a Xin amp I had to be willing to wait forever for it (Literally!). I also learned that I should consider purchasing something else to sooth the instant gratification itch. My Tomahawk was/is a darned fine ointment. Had my budget not allowed me to purchase the TH, I'd have likely grabbed one of the recommended CMOY's to tide me over.

In the end, I'd sure like to see my Super-Micro show up, but if it doesn't, it won't be the first time I didn't get something I wanted. I'll get over it or get used to it.

May 16, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #2,891 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sfflyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I strongly doubt there are many folks googling up Xin's site on a whim. If there is a more esoteric arena, I can't think of it off the top of my head. I strongly suspect most, if not all who become interested in owning a Xin amp first learned of them as I did, via Head-Fi or another similar site.

Not on a whim but I kind of arrived at his site that way. I read the Reference hype on Head-Fi but didn't feel like searching the threadsfor his website name, no advertisements, etc. so I Googled it. It's not like fixup.net jumps out at you as being the home for Xin's products.

At the time 4 months was the upper end for delays so a paypal payment seemed reasonable vs. sending a complete stranger my CC number. Doubly so as his website was hacked/owned at some point in time by his admission.

May 19, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #2,893 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was this a serious observation and if so what's keeping it from being done?

Straight from Zabasearch for Xin Feng. Why don't one of you more 'curious' types simply call the Corvallis Police and ask them to do a drive-by and check to see if he's alive?

The first listing corresponds exactly with the address listed on Xin's website. There's even a phone number you can try if interested.....

XIN FENG More Info about XIN FENG Record Created: 04/2006
3399 POPPY DR Satellite Photo & Map Google Xin Feng White Pages Business Listings
CORVALLIS, OR 97330 Please tell everyone you know about ZabaSearch.
Background Report, Current Address and Phone Numbers Block This Record

XIN FENG Born 1962 More Info about XIN FENG Record Created: 02/2006
929 SEQUOIA AVE Satellite Photo & Map Google Xin Feng White Pages Business Listings
CORVALLIS, OR 97330 Please tell everyone you know about ZabaSearch.

XIN FENG Born 1962 More Info about XIANG FENG Record Created: 02/2006
(541) 343-2891 Please tell everyone you know about ZabaSearch.

XIN FENG Born 1962 More Info about XIANG FENG Record Created: 02/2006
(541) 343-2891 Please tell everyone you know about ZabaSearch.

May 20, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #2,894 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sfflyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Straight from Zabasearch for Xin Feng. Why don't one of you more 'curious' types simply call the Corvallis Police and ask them to do a drive-by and check to see if he's alive?

That's a creepy thought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back