Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Sep 3, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #1,456 of 3,962
omg - its really quite simple, everyone knows about the epic wait involved with ordering, therefore by definition those who order, myself included must really wish to aquire an amp that is of the best quality possible.

the wait although a small detractor, serves as a mere annoying inconvenience, heck, i actually think it adds kudos and gravitas to those who eventually own a XIN, its like, wow - welcome to the club man, i know what you have been through.

after all, as mentioned in various topics and posts on this forum, we are talking about audiophiles, who will strive to get the best at all costs, disproportionate as it may seem to the non-believers

at the end of the day the last laugh is with those who have ordered, and will end up with a magnificent power house of an amp, not the discreditors whos only negative against the man is a poor customer service, of which probably 99% havent even experienced first hand, just heard about.

the old proverb, "Good things come to those who wait" is most apt here.

Sep 3, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #1,457 of 3,962
add one more point I don't think has been mentioned: some of us own two or more of Xin's amps. I personally own the SUpermacro IV LE--bought here from Antonyfirst--and have the Reference on order. So when Reference comes, I'll send back the SM IV for upgrades, then wait 4-5 months for its return. Meanwhile, I've got a Xin amp to listen to.

In other words, some of us usually have one amp in upgrade mode while we use the one we have "in hand" for listening. This way, we aren't without at least one Xin amp at all times

Makes the waiting easier

Sep 3, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #1,458 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This whole thread serves people to just express their concerns. And perhaps rough date of arrival when production starts.
There had been many cycles of same thing happening throughout the history of the whole thread if you carefully see. some Thrashing and criticizing; some patronizing him. Some being neutral watching things.
It has been a long time after it was started. None of the comments has changed Dr. xin's way of conduct! In fact it has become worse.
However strong we shout here, there are few things that newbies understand if they march into Xin's zone.
  • He is always improving his designs and it is a dynamic audio project.
  • He is not very communicative esp when he develops a design.
  • There is a very long waiting time (several months) before you get the amp. But one always get his amp as he never cheated someone by not sending an amp.
  • When you order it is better to order with Credit card as he doesn't charge the card till he ships it. So that if one decides, he can cancel the order.
  • You always get a very good amp; one of the best amongst competitors.
  • He is the very unique in providing life long support and upgrades to his products, irrespective of the order of ownership.
  • He is not very keen on making his project similar to a typical business model, however hard his critics shout at him. In fact he never visits this place.

So one should get involved in Xin's amps, if he understands these few facts. Irrespective of being so distractive, I still see lots of people chase his products simply because they are very good. Buying a Xin amp is like getting a subscription to sample his on-going audio project. It will never stop but you get a ticket to enjoy various stages of his development. Better way of enjoying them is to get an amp and enjoy it for long period without paying too much attention to minor tweaks he does. Even without these tweaks they are kick-ass amps. If he stops at a random moment and tells you this is the final product, we all will take it as final!!! Won't we? He doesn't do that. always try to take it to next level and give the result free of charge. That's good!
So best way to enjoy them get an amp! Enjoy! Don't run behind every little upgrades or fixes! When it becomes a service pack over a long period send it for upgrade! But have a back up for long wait time.
If you don't like it that way just stop cursing and getting yourself tense!! Look somewhere else. Simple as that!!!

Very well said. Couldn't add more to this.

Peace to all.

F. Lo

Sep 3, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #1,459 of 3,962
i ve got a question regarding my super micro iv, and it is off topic.. but my super micro turns off when the battery is moved.. liked when the batter is rotated a little in the case, it suddenly turns off, and when i rotate the battery again, it suddenly turns on again.. should i mail this back to xin or is there a fix to this.??
biggrin.gif
coz, i know that by sending this back, ill be waitng again.. hahaha!! but if there is no fix, i know its worth the wait.. this amp really really is great.. just plain awesome..
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #1,460 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This whole thread serves people to just express their concerns. And perhaps rough date of arrival when production starts.
There had been many cycles of same thing happening throughout the history of the whole thread if you carefully see. some Thrashing and criticizing; some patronizing him. Some being neutral watching things.
It has been a long time after it was started. None of the comments has changed Dr. xin's way of conduct! In fact it has become worse.
However strong we shout here, there are few things that newbies understand if they march into Xin's zone.
  • He is always improving his designs and it is a dynamic audio project.
  • He is not very communicative esp when he develops a design.
  • There is a very long waiting time (several months) before you get the amp. But one always get his amp as he never cheated someone by not sending an amp.
  • When you order it is better to order with Credit card as he doesn't charge the card till he ships it. So that if one decides, he can cancel the order.
  • You always get a very good amp; one of the best amongst competitors.
  • He is the very unique in providing life long support and upgrades to his products, irrespective of the order of ownership.
  • He is not very keen on making his project similar to a typical business model, however hard his critics shout at him. In fact he never visits this place.

So one should get involved in Xin's amps, if he understands these few facts. Irrespective of being so distractive, I still see lots of people chase his products simply because they are very good. Buying a Xin amp is like getting a subscription to sample his on-going audio project. It will never stop but you get a ticket to enjoy various stages of his development. Better way of enjoying them is to get an amp and enjoy it for long period without paying too much attention to minor tweaks he does. Even without these tweaks they are kick-ass amps. If he stops at a random moment and tells you this is the final product, we all will take it as final!!! Won't we? He doesn't do that. always try to take it to next level and give the result free of charge. That's good!
So best way to enjoy them get an amp! Enjoy! Don't run behind every little upgrades or fixes! When it becomes a service pack over a long period send it for upgrade! But have a back up for long wait time.
If you don't like it that way just stop cursing and getting yourself tense!! Look somewhere else. Simple as that!!!

VERY well said mate, you summed it all in.

My SuperMicro-IV is of 04/11 batch, and I know that Xin did another tweak to SuperMicro-IV after that. But you know what? my SuperMicro-IV is sooo freakin good that I don't give a crap if it's not as updated. They really kick ass. So much so that my decision to get a Xin Reference was purely due to curiosity (Xinphilia). I am convinced the SuperMicro-IV 04/11 will hold steadfast pitted against Xin Reference because the SuperMicro-IV has passed the trial of fire for my application (stellar synergy with my rig).

So, if you decide to get a Xin amp, pull the trigger and enjoy the ride - it's not gonna be a smooth ride for sure

Sep 3, 2007 at 1:32 PM Post #1,461 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by noypi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i ve got a question regarding my super micro iv, and it is off topic.. but my super micro turns off when the battery is moved.. liked when the batter is rotated a little in the case, it suddenly turns off, and when i rotate the battery again, it suddenly turns on again.. should i mail this back to xin or is there a fix to this.??
biggrin.gif
coz, i know that by sending this back, ill be waitng again.. hahaha!! but if there is no fix, i know its worth the wait.. this amp really really is great.. just plain awesome..
biggrin.gif

It's quite easy to fix. The SuperMicro-IV uses thin copper for the battery contact. If you are not getting a good fit for your AAA, you can bend (very carefully) the copper strip with your finger so that it will snug into the battery terminals closer. And then you can put in some sort of wedge at the side of the battery - a rolled masking tape will do the trick.

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #1,462 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamboman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Xin back in production mode?

Yes he is...I spoke with him this evening. He is now delivering the Reference and working thru his backlog of amps that have been sent to him for upgrading. A very busy man!

His server remains down, and he is still trying to get things fixed. The problem is not his, but rather the server who handles much of that type of website/forum. Hopefully, it will be up again soon.

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #1,463 of 3,962
I just did possibly the most extreme/awesome dance a heterosexual white man could accomplish, in public, strictly due to the news i have just read.

Thank you god,
Thank you Xin,

Now i just have to wait till it arrives, then wait the 400ish hours it takes to burn in, and im GOOD TO GO!

-Fizz
ps.
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #1,464 of 3,962
Thanks for the update HiFlight!

But does that mean he is working/delivering only new References only? Or other amps too (I ordered SuperMicro IV)?

Sep 4, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #1,466 of 3,962
That's good to hear
etysmile.gif

I ordered SMini 04/Mar/2007,
and finally we, the members of the 6months club are getting our amps soon, right?

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #1,468 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by dle4e_2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His server is no longer down.

I'm have just entered the 4 month club.
Hope to get my Reference soon.

Same here. Hope this time will be faster since he is in production mode now.
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back