This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
Dec 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #62 of 1,370
Quote:
Is it bad that I feel tempted to get these guys when I have an Asgard and Dragonfly and no use for this?

Yes! Your money could be going into something shinier..like a new amp or headphone 
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #65 of 1,370
Is it bad that I feel tempted to get these guys when I have an Asgard and Dragonfly and no use for this?

Get it, if you don't like it, i'll buy them off you muahaha.

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #67 of 1,370
You guys just gave a big ol kick to the teeth to basically every other company out there, soooo rad!

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #73 of 1,370
Phew...so glad to finally be able to talk about this!!!

I'm the guy who got to take the photos of the Magni and got to spend some extended listening time with serial#0001. I can tell you that the Magni is an impressive sounding amp for $399...except that its only $99! It was a crazy good match for my Grados, sounded fantastic with my LCD2's and even drove incredibly inefficient HE-4's to credible levels, tho that last pairing wasn't one I'd say was the best. The size is fantastic as is the build quality...no surprise there.

I would describe the sound as fast, clean and very dynamic. Bass is tight rather than bloated. You won't mistake it for a SE tube amp...it's Solid State is all its glory. I was shocked at how impact full the snare drums sounded. I'm not used to that nice sharp crack coming from amps at this price point.

Needless to say, a Modi/Magni stack will grace the desk in my studio for some time to come.

Highly recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back