This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
Dec 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #33 of 1,370
Quote:
Comparing manufacturer's specs is about the last thing I consider in audio equipment--ranked somewhere between fortune cookies and tracts from the creepy guys in suits that sometimes knock on my door. 

It's still much better than comparing cables.
ksc75smile.gif

Now who wants to buy a Fiio E9 anymore, when this thing has almost double the power output, same price and is made in USA? Plus MUCH lower output impedance..

It's a killer product if it sounds good.

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #35 of 1,370
It's still much better than comparing cables. :ksc75smile:

Now who wants to buy a Fiio E9 anymore, when this thing has almost double the power output, same price and is made in USA? Plus MUCH lower output impedance..

It's a killer product if it sounds good.

I see what you did there :D

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #36 of 1,370
Congratulations to Jason and team on the new Schiits.  Really looking forward to the reviews... I'd love to be able to recommend these to folks instead of the O2/ODAC, Audio-gd, Fiio, etc. stuff.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #37 of 1,370
And just when I had posted (in another thread) that I was done with headphones/headphone-related buys, along comes this Schitt!!!!

Love this from the FAQ:
Quote:
I want a combined DAC/amp! Why didn’t you put a DAC in here?
We did. It’s just in a different chassis and costs another $99. It’s called “Modi.” Stack the two and tell yourself it’s a combined DAC/Amp for $198.

LOL!!!

I think I'm going to byte on the amp and take it to the office... maybe I'll even stop using my Leckerton UHA-6SMKII!!

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #38 of 1,370
Quote:
I also like separates.  As long as they stack up pretty.  I would rather the power supply and transformers in a separate box as well.  (Not for $99)  I understand that..

That should be their next $99 product... a power supply with two outputs.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back