This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
Aug 30, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #1,366 of 1,370
All good sir I know what u meant.

I just got a pair of dt990s and I'm thinking of getting a vali/modi.

Sure, go for it. I have this stack. I use to run my Shure SRH840 and My grados as well.

It is quite a awesome unit, sounds great and looks awesome while doing it. 

They are quiet too, i use my IEM Shure SE535 on the stack every now and again and it is not dirty.
Mind you, if i plug my external HDD on the same usb port of the stack gets a bit noisy. But only using my IEMs. Even the grados that are very extra sensitive don't get any noise. 

Jan 12, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #1,369 of 1,370
The Modi 3 has input connections for USB, RCA, and TosLink (optical). You connect the Modi 3 via USB to the Mac. The USB cable you need is a regular Type B USB 2.0 to USB-C version. I got mine on Amazon for under $5 including shipping.

While you don't technically need an amp, it's recommended. You can use something like a SYS, which has just volume control and a switcher, but with an amp like the Magni 3 or Vali 2, the sound quality and volume are much better.

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,370 of 1,370
Anyone has any links to AliExpress to some power supply I can use for a Magni 2? Moved to EU and realized my 110V US adapter won't work here, but shipping cost from Schiit's website to where I live is more than what I have left after the move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back