ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Mar 7, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #1,427 of 4,753
I have OH10 and the Monarch is slightly bigger, but they are also of different shape (Monarch has a longer nozzle and will be more protruding). BTR5 will be fine driving Monarch power-wise, not sure about the sound quality though.

I noticed that you have both Monarch and Andromeda. Please compare the fitting between two of them (so great if you can take some photos of them side by side). I've tried Andromeda before and it too big for my ear, maybe because of their "flat" design. Monarch and Clairvoyance have more "curves" inside so I wonder if they fit better inside the ear.

Mar 10, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #1,428 of 4,753
I noticed that you have both Monarch and Andromeda. Please compare the fitting between two of them (so great if you can take some photos of them side by side). I've tried Andromeda before and it too big for my ear, maybe because of their "flat" design. Monarch and Clairvoyance have more "curves" inside so I wonder if they fit better inside the ear.
I have both too; the Andros are smaller and it's quite noticeable to me. Both fit me ok-ish (the Andros are heavy and I need to secure them), but I do wish the Clairvoyance were smaller, while I'm more ok wearing the Andros for longer time periods.

I have some Fearless S8F at my desk as well, and while they definitely do not sound as good or balanced, they are smaller than the Clairvoyance too and more comfortable.
I'm tempted by the Dunu S6, but I need to know for sure that they're closer to the size of the S8F vs. the Clairvoyance...

Attachments

• PXL_20210310_175040154.jpg
    PXL_20210310_175040154.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #1,431 of 4,753
Just got the notification that my Monarchs have shipped! I ordered mine on January 21st, for anyone trying to get a sense of when their order will ship out.
Same here. I ordered mine on Jan 21 as well. Just got the ship notice. Not sure how long it takes to ship.

During that time, I picked up UM Mest, Sony ier-z1r and Empire Ears Odin. I'll be able to compare them with some detail across many different sources for those interested. Interestingly, so far, all 3 of these IEMs are keepers. They all have something different they offer. They all pair better with different sources. The Odin is the best reference sound and all arounder. The Z1R has the best bass response for warm sound signature. The MEST has the best sound stage and imaging for acoustic music. I don't know the concrete definition of holographic imaging, but of everything I own, the MEST seems to demonstrate what I think that is better than the rest. I am not sure which sound signature the Monarchs will more closely align with, but I can't wait to find out.

Mar 13, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #1,433 of 4,753
i think the impact of that adapter is overrated. i bought one, tried it a few times and forgot of its existence. the difference in sound quality is so subtle, i can hear it, but construction is so cumbersome it doesn't worth it. Monarchs are excellent w/o any adapters.
I see your point, still I like some little toy that I can play with, as monarch is regarded as one of the best bass ones:L3000:

p.s to anyone interested, I ordered MEST MkII, and I would like to have a quick walk thru of ABing MEST2 and monarch.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #1,434 of 4,753
I have both too; the Andros are smaller and it's quite noticeable to me. Both fit me ok-ish (the Andros are heavy and I need to secure them), but I do wish the Clairvoyance were smaller, while I'm more ok wearing the Andros for longer time periods.
Thanks for your info and image, it help me a lot. Maybe I shouldn't blind buy Clair or Monarch without trying them in my ears.

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #1,435 of 4,753
Just received my Monarch yesterday. Freaking amazing. lol. Well worth the wait!
I still not encountered anyone says otherwise!👍☺️

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #1,436 of 4,753
I see your point, still I like some little toy that I can play with, as monarch is regarded as one of the best bass ones:L3000:

p.s to anyone interested, I ordered MEST MkII, and I would like to have a quick walk thru of ABing MEST2 and monarch.
Sure, I like the comparison. I got a feeling you gonna use memory foam tips on new MEST mkll. No silicon tips works on my UM 3DT and 2HT.

Mar 15, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #1,437 of 4,753
Same here. I ordered mine on Jan 21 as well. Just got the ship notice. Not sure how long it takes to ship.

During that time, I picked up UM Mest, Sony ier-z1r and Empire Ears Odin. I'll be able to compare them with some detail across many different sources for those interested. Interestingly, so far, all 3 of these IEMs are keepers. They all have something different they offer. They all pair better with different sources. The Odin is the best reference sound and all arounder. The Z1R has the best bass response for warm sound signature. The MEST has the best sound stage and imaging for acoustic music. I don't know the concrete definition of holographic imaging, but of everything I own, the MEST seems to demonstrate what I think that is better than the rest. I am not sure which sound signature the Monarchs will more closely align with, but I can't wait to find out.
What's interesting is how, 3 days later, nothing has actually been shipped. Makes me worried that it's just a mistake / tease. EDIT: just got a shipping update

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #1,438 of 4,753
Order placed on 2/3, got shipping notice today on 3/15, will arrive 3/18. Roughly 6 weeks for your future reference.

Mar 15, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #1,439 of 4,753
What's interesting is how, 3 days later, nothing has actually been shipped. Makes me worried that it's just a mistake / tease. EDIT: just got a shipping update
Got a shipping update. Will arrive 3/22.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back