ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Feb 28, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #1,396 of 4,753
Monarch owners, any experience with cable swapping? I like the stock cable, but want to explore some other options. I especially prefer the 4.4 balance connection.

Feb 28, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #1,397 of 4,753
Headphones.com accidentally sent me Clairvoyance instead of Monarch. Fortunately, they were really good about the mistake.
Welp. Back to waiting until Monarchs are back in stock.
That's the type of mistake I relish. You know they are going to make it right and you get some time to audition the Clairvoyance. Since Headphones.com has such a great return policy, you can probably convince them to let you keep both a week or so to test them side-by-side so you can decide which ones to keep. Win-win scenario. They correct a mistake and offer you a chance to test both for your inconvenience.

Feb 28, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #1,398 of 4,753
That's the type of mistake I relish. You know they are going to make it right and you get some time to audition the Clairvoyance. Since Headphones.com has such a great return policy, you can probably convince them to let you keep both a week or so to test them side-by-side so you can decide which ones to keep. Win-win scenario. They correct a mistake and offer you a chance to test both for your inconvenience.
I tested the Clairvoyance (with personal tips) for about 2 days before I returned them. I took some notes down, so I'll remember somewhat how it sounded (exclusively A/B against my U12t). They also gave me a $50 gift card for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, they didn't have any Monarchs left, so I gatta wait until they're back in stock. It kinda sucks, but I'm looking at it as demoing the Clairvoyance for $50 in exchange for waiting longer for Monarchs. Win-win indeed.

I was very impressed with headphones.com's customer service.

Mar 2, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #1,400 of 4,753
I was checking the ETA with Linsoul for my custom faceplate Monarch order. Linsoul mentioned something around 2 months, and that they currently do not accept orders for these to cope with the order backlog. Checking their website - both Monarch and Clairvoyance are indeed "Sold out".

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #1,401 of 4,753
Did anyone compare Monarch with iBasso IT07 or UM Mest?

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #1,402 of 4,753
Did anyone compare Monarch with iBasso IT07 or UM Mest?
I did with the MEST. To sum it up, Monarch (esp. with 20Ohm adapter) puts a lot more oomph for the brass section, so bassy intruments really shine in the mix. The MEST is drum cymbals' king. I was never more aware of drummer's feats than when using the MEST. However, it is also reallly close to hot territory in the treble. The Prodigy was an effort to withstand, and I am far from being a treblephobe. Both are extremely detailed, the MEST a tad more so. Monarch struggles with dryness, absent in its rival. Monarch is the more comfortable of the two (I had seal issues with UM's).

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #1,403 of 4,753
To my ears Monarch (without the 20 Ohm adapter) during a brief listen had better resolution in upper mids and lower treble than the Mest. Piano sounds more natural on Monarch. Mest drums are better though. Monarch has indeed easier fit and seal. Mest has that musical flow feel to it, it’s easy to forget you’re listening to compare. Switch to Monarch and you are suddenly in a luxurious analytical clinic, where every detail is played where and how it should be. I enjoy the detail and vocals more on the Monarch.

Mar 2, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #1,404 of 4,753
Just got the Clairvoyance and I love them.

Try 70’s Smash Hits on Apple Music. Extremely clean, great resolution, detail is top notch. Every frequency is pleasing. A bass head could want a tad more thump, but the bass is nonetheless great and natural in these. Not at all disappointing. Just a pleasure across the board.

These hit the level of “wow I don’t regret this” like any serious headphone I’ve owned. I’m relatively new to IEM’s, and these are fantastic. Blew the FH5, Blessing 2, AirPods Pro, ER2XR, ER4XR, out of the water.

The wire is fantastic: soft yet durable, just the perfect length to connect to a pocketed DAC/amp, and terminates 2.5mm balanced. The carrying case is classier than any other IEM I’ve tried yet. The earphones themselves look stunning. My wife thought they looked like diamonds. They come with silicone tips that match any after market I tried in comfort and sound quality, to my ears (I tried spinfit).

I couldn’t recommend these enough for someone looking to own only one great IEM. These hit the end game for me.

I only wonder now what the monarch would sound like in comparison, or the Mest I’ve heard a lot about.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #1,405 of 4,753
Just got the Clairvoyance and I love them.

Try 70’s Smash Hits on Apple Music. Extremely clean, great resolution, detail is top notch. Every frequency is pleasing. A bass head could want a tad more thump, but the bass is nonetheless great and natural in these. Not at all disappointing. Just a pleasure across the board.

These hit the level of “wow I don’t regret this” like any serious headphone I’ve owned. I’m relatively new to IEM’s, and these are fantastic. Blew the FH5, Blessing 2, AirPods Pro, ER2XR, ER4XR, out of the water.

The wire is fantastic: soft yet durable, just the perfect length to connect to a pocketed DAC/amp, and terminates 2.5mm balanced. The carrying case is classier than any other IEM I’ve tried yet. The earphones themselves look stunning. My wife thought they looked like diamonds. They come with silicone tips that match any after market I tried in comfort and sound quality, to my ears (I tried spinfit).

I couldn’t recommend these enough for someone looking to own only one great IEM. These hit the end game for me.

I only wonder now what the monarch would sound like in comparison, or the Mest I’ve heard a lot about.
congrats! my Clairvoyance just came in today too, paired with E1DA 9038s G3S3, these are surreal

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #1,409 of 4,753
I returned the Clairvoyance that was accidentally sent to me from headphones.com. They might list it as open-box, so I recommend looking out for that in the upcoming days.
Cheaper and faster shipping.

Mar 3, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #1,410 of 4,753
congrats! my Clairvoyance just came in today too, paired with E1DA 9038s G3S3, these are surreal
Aha! Another E1DA user! Lol. Their DACs are amazing! My favorite is the PowerDac v2. So much customization and Parametric EQ.... Amazing! Once I get my Monarchs, I'm more than confident that it's going to take it to another level with the PDv2 and the 9038sG3. 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back