ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Feb 24, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #1,366 of 4,753
Grats to the fellas who got them today/yesterday. Missed the train by a day! Pre-ordered some Monarchs, according to the reps it should be about two weeks until their next shipment.

It was a pretty tough call between the two twins, but the Monarchs sound like exactly what I was looking for in an IEM and hit the price range that I was willing to spend. Sometimes its that simple!

Feb 24, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #1,367 of 4,753
Grats to the fellas who got them today/yesterday. Missed the train by a day! Pre-ordered some Monarchs, according to the reps it should be about two weeks until their next shipment.

It was a pretty tough call between the two twins, but the Monarchs sound like exactly what I was looking for in an IEM and hit the price range that I was willing to spend. Sometimes its that simple!
I ordered a pair of Clairvoyance, and it’s shipping, but weather conditions forced a delay :frowning2:

Was supposed to arrive tomorrow, but now a few more days.

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #1,369 of 4,753
Has anyone tried any DUNU cables with the Clairs? I'm contemplating the Lyre, as I like my Effect Audio Ares II with them and the Lyre is also full copper, but I can't find any feedback on how it sounds. I just love the idea of those removable source-end connectors!

Feb 24, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #1,370 of 4,753
Oh no. I just realized that due to the pretty close similarities between the two and the ability to change my order until they're in stock that I'm going to constantly read comparisons between the two and change my mind.

My immediate intuition was to go with the one generally lauded as more technical (I see almost all reviewers say that the Monarch has better instrument separation and technical abilities). That is always where my preference lies, and I feel like minor tuning differences can be overcome through EQ. But really all I listen to is metal, guitar heavy rock and hip hop which supposedly sound better on the Clair, and as these are meant to be my travel gear my EQ setup wont always be available...

A real tie breaker for me would be if vocals sound clearer and more defined on on than the other; as a former singer (read: failed :p) that is always where my brain goes the most. From what I read that would be the Monarch due to the instrument separation.

Seems like a classic heart versus brain scenario. This is going to be a tough couple weeks :k701smile:. Feedback from current monarch owners with similar music tastes would be very helpful.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #1,372 of 4,753
Been contemplating getting Monarch/Clairvoyance or the Mest. Wondering if Mest is worth the step up in price.
Hard decision. I definitely prefer Mest to Clairvoyance, but it's totally personal, and I can't tell you if the difference is worth the price.

Feb 25, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #1,373 of 4,753
I ordered the Monarch from Linsoul on Jan 4th. Was told late March to early April.
I also ordered one from Linsoul on Jan 16th, canceled it last week, then re-ordered it from headphones.com this Monday, it is arriving tomorrow. If you are in US, you would probably get it sooner if you also cancel and re-order from headphones.com. Plus, in case you change your mind, headphones.com has 365 days returning policy, and much easier to deal with.

Feb 25, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #1,375 of 4,753
Hard decision. I definitely prefer Mest to Clairvoyance, but it's totally personal, and I can't tell you if the difference is worth the price.
I see you have both the Mest and Clairvoyance? awesome. Which one of the two would you consider the more musical one? I have the Auteurs which are pretty neutral for my tastes already so I want something more musical I can jam out to and just enjoy.

Feb 25, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #1,376 of 4,753
I notice you have the FiiO FH7 as well. Where does that fit your listening experience? Is it a good complement to add to a collection for having its own special tuning? Or, is it something you could get rid of and not mind at all, given owning the Mest and Clairvoyance?

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #1,377 of 4,753
Oh no. I just realized that due to the pretty close similarities between the two and the ability to change my order until they're in stock that I'm going to constantly read comparisons between the two and change my mind.

My immediate intuition was to go with the one generally lauded as more technical (I see almost all reviewers say that the Monarch has better instrument separation and technical abilities). That is always where my preference lies, and I feel like minor tuning differences can be overcome through EQ. But really all I listen to is metal, guitar heavy rock and hip hop which supposedly sound better on the Clair, and as these are meant to be my travel gear my EQ setup wont always be available...

A real tie breaker for me would be if vocals sound clearer and more defined on on than the other; as a former singer (read: failed :p) that is always where my brain goes the most. From what I read that would be the Monarch due to the instrument separation.

Seems like a classic heart versus brain scenario. This is going to be a tough couple weeks :k701smile:. Feedback from current monarch owners with similar music tastes would be very helpful.

Not sure about other genres you mentioned, but I listen to lots of acoustic guitar recordings and the Monarch's performance is just incredible. Same goes for strings. It's just very resolving. When I listen to alternative rocks, the kick drums and bass are equally good (gotta love the rumbles it creates). My source has been Ibasso DX160 and IFI IDSD BL. One thing I haven't tried is swapping cables, so not sure how the sound might slightly change.

Feb 25, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,379 of 4,753
I also ordered one from Linsoul on Jan 16th, canceled it last week, then re-ordered it from headphones.com this Monday, it is arriving tomorrow. If you are in US, you would probably get it sooner if you also cancel and re-order from headphones.com. Plus, in case you change your mind, headphones.com has 365 days returning policy, and much easier to deal with.
Headphones.com is showing them as pre order again. Freaking missed it. The wait continues....

Feb 25, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #1,380 of 4,753
Not sure about other genres you mentioned, but I listen to lots of acoustic guitar recordings and the Monarch's performance is just incredible. Same goes for strings. It's just very resolving. When I listen to alternative rocks, the kick drums and bass are equally good (gotta love the rumbles it creates). My source has been Ibasso DX160 and IFI IDSD BL. One thing I haven't tried is swapping cables, so not sure how the sound might slightly change.
Excellent, thanks for the input. Sounds like what I'm after. Going to avoid watching any more videos for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back