ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Feb 6, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #1,321 of 4,753
Im not sure the Penon fans know but the Volt is basically another Shuoer EJ07 clone with different (worse IMO) tuning.

I know several who prefer the Volt to the Shouer. In this audio thing, everything is relative and personal.

Feb 6, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #1,322 of 4,753
That's cool the ej07 must be a hell of a iem
LOL, Im known as the EJ07 shill. Regardless, what I said is actually true about it being a clone. The better part is obviously my crappy opinion.
I know several who prefer the Volt to the Shouer. In this audio thing, everything is relative and personal.
And that is the way it should be. On the other hand there is a massive fanbase for the EJ as well.

Lets be candid. The Volt has a TON more midbass than the EJ. We can compare graphs. Folks that like a warm signature like that might enjoy the Volt more.

[edit] sorry wrong thread

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #1,323 of 4,753
IMG-20210208-WA0008.jpg

Who are the other 2 owners? 😄

Feb 8, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #1,324 of 4,753
Is the dynamic unit a bit slow on Thieaudio Clairvoyance vs the rest of components ?
I found the lower Thie IEM stuff a bit slow and wooly, just looking for tighter sub-bass on a new IEM

Feb 8, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #1,325 of 4,753
Is the dynamic unit a bit slow on Thieaudio Clairvoyance vs the rest of components ?
I found the lower Thie IEM stuff a bit slow and wooly, just looking for tighter sub-bass on a new IEM

I don't think so. Its bass is almost as good as the Mest bass, fast, punchy, with good texture.

Feb 9, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #1,328 of 4,753
I think end-game for me with IEMs would be a combo of these 2 from reading..Monarch sub-bass focus with the raised mids and dash more warmth of Clair.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #1,329 of 4,753

Burning Stage now!

Beautiful color combination :)

Firsts impressions, so far?

I dismissed the relevance of the tips, because with other IEMS I never have had any problem. On the Clarivoyances, instead, they are big and I have found very important for the tips to not be too big. On the Spinfit I usually use the L size, but I got too much pressure, that seems to affect the sound quality.

I finally used a cheap Aliexpress tips (NICEHCK spiral for KZ ED10) and they sound slightly more open and relaxed.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #1,330 of 4,753
Beautiful color combination :)

Firsts impressions, so far?

I dismissed the relevance of the tips, because with other IEMS I never have had any problem. On the Clarivoyances, instead, they are big and I have found very important for the tips to not be too big. On the Spinfit I usually use the L size, but I got too much pressure, that seems to affect the sound quality.

I finally used a cheap Aliexpress tips (NICEHCK spiral for KZ ED10) and they sound slightly more open and relaxed.
When I demoed Monarch I was using Spinfit CP145 (M size) on the old lipless nozzle. First pair of tips on my new Monarch with lips is also CP145 but I have upsize to L. So far it sounds balanced to me. Will try other tips when burning stage is over.

No deviation of sound signature as far as I remembered from demo units although I like the output from more powerful dac amp ( xDuoo XD-05 Bal) compare to M6 Pro .It scales with power amplication.

Feb 11, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #1,331 of 4,753
Can Monarch be compared with any EE IEMs? I am looking at the new Bravado MK2.
I recently received the EE HERO and already had the Monarch for a few months. I'll be using the HERO as my primary IEM with my HiBy R8 DAP. I attached the Monarch to the new bluetooth UTWS3 and really impressed with sound quality. I used a 2 pin to MMCX adapter.
1613070270717.png

Feb 11, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #1,332 of 4,753
I recently received the EE HERO and already had the Monarch for a few months. I'll be using the HERO as my primary IEM with my HiBy R8 DAP. I attached the Monarch to the new bluetooth UTWS3 and really impressed with sound quality. I used a 2 pin to MMCX adapter.
1613070270717.png
I got the UTWS3 for my Blessing 2 Dusk IEMs and they work really well for walking around outside. I thought I would just keep them on all the time and in the perfectly fitting case. But, the sound is still better wired. So, I end up switching between the two when I am walking or sitting.

Feb 12, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #1,333 of 4,753
Didn't think it needed any more, but let me tell you, this Arctic Cable lifted the Clairs to new levels, simply astounding sound, so sweet top to bottom 20210211_164320.jpg

Feb 12, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #1,334 of 4,753
Didn't think it needed any more, but let me tell you, this Arctic Cable lifted the Clairs to new levels, simply astounding sound, so sweet top to bottom 20210211_164320.jpg
Looks good ☺️, did you try the Monarch, how is it?
Also what do you think about Bravado MK2? You have the LX how they compare?

Feb 12, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #1,335 of 4,753
Looks good ☺️, did you try the Monarch, how is it?
Also what do you think about Bravado MK2? You have the LX how they compare?
No to all questions im afraid, only have Bravado 1st for sale, Legend long gone, Clairvoyance way superior to all of these, Monarch haven't heard but it'll be just as awesome no doubt, plenty of impressions already, i was gonna get them too, byt too long a wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back