ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Feb 1, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #1,291 of 4,753
Hi everyone, I went ahead and purchased the Clairvoyance. Due to CNY, I will probably get them in March.

I am very new to this so please forgive me ignorance.

Can you help me figure out how much power is required to utilize the full potential of Clairvoyance?

I have never used an AMP/DAP before. I used BGVP's M1 BT cable with my DM6 and it seemed to work fine with apple music.

I am considering upgrading to TIDAL HIFI or AMAZON HD, my phone is REDMI MI9T PRO (or K20 PRO) - it supports LDAC and apparently it has a good DAC in built (Qualcomm WCD9340)

The FIIO Bluetooth cable (lc-bt2) provides 24mW.... Is that enough to utilize the full potential ?

Or an amp like btr5/es100/btr3/es100 is required? Or more ?

Also how will be it directly out from the phone?

And most importantly, can I hear differences? I love to notice new details ever since I switched into IEMs. Just trying to understand cost vs benefit ratio....
I was able to find a few of my songs on TIDAL with master quality but most of my library consists of HINDI/PUNJABI (INDIAN) songs and EDM - and only very few artists have high quality versions as of now on TIDAL!

I have been reading online non stop but I can't figure out if I can get the convenience of the BT cable to get the full potential since this new FIIO model has a dedicated amp/dac......

Thank you in advance!

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #1,292 of 4,753
Hi everyone, I went ahead and purchased the Clairvoyance. Due to CNY, I will probably get them in March.

Can you help me figure out how much power is required to utilize the full potential of Clairvoyance?

I have never used an AMP/DAP before. I used BGVP's M1 BT cable with my DM6 and it seemed to work fine with apple music.

I am considering upgrading to TIDAL HIFI or AMAZON HD, my phone is REDMI MI9T PRO (or K20 PRO) - it supports LDAC and apparently it has a good DAC in built (Qualcomm WCD9340)

The FIIO Bluetooth cable (lc-bt2) provides 24mW.... Is that enough to utilize the full potential ?

And most importantly, can I hear differences? I love to notice new details ever since I switched into IEMs. Just trying to understand cost vs benefit ratio....
I was able to find a few of my songs on TIDAL with master quality but most of my library consists of HINDI/PUNJABI (INDIAN) songs and EDM - and only very few artists have high quality versions as of now on TIDAL!

I have been reading online non stop but I can't figure out if I can get the convenience of the BT cable to get the full potential since this new FIIO model has a dedicated amp/dac......

Thank you in advance!
Good choice picking Clairvoyance for Indian songs. Look up @dharmasteve , he have a hip dac!😊

Feb 1, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #1,293 of 4,753
Does the hip DAC pair well with the Monarch? I am looking for a smaller, more portable solution to pair with my set.

Feb 1, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #1,296 of 4,753
A bit of a weird one here. I adore the Clairvoyance. They beat the Andromedas on clarity and general technicality. And to me, on enjoyment as well.
But they're huge. And sometimes finding a fit is tricky, and when I do, they can become painful after a little while.

By contrast, I can wear my Andros and my SF8Fs much longer with no issues.

For those of you who've tried a bunch of things; are there IEMs that come close-ish to the balance of the Clairvoyance but in a smaller package?
Obviously, smaller housing = fewer drivers. I am not expecting a 1:1 substitute or magic here :) Merely an alternative, something closer to the SF8F in size but with more midrange and less bass.

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #1,297 of 4,753
A bit of a weird one here. I adore the Clairvoyance. They beat the Andromedas on clarity and general technicality. And to me, on enjoyment as well.
But they're huge. And sometimes finding a fit is tricky, and when I do, they can become painful after a little while.

For those of you who've tried a bunch of things; are there IEMs that come close-ish to the balance of the Clairvoyance but in a smaller package?
Obviously, smaller housing = fewer drivers. I am not expecting a 1:1 substitute or magic here :) Merely an alternative, something closer to the SF8F in size but with more midrange and less bass.
I have had the exact same issue with the Clair. Though it was a favourite, I had to let it go after it caused pain to my ears.

I replaced it with a Dunu SA6. It's more balanced and a bit brighter than the Clair. So far it's been a solid and cheaper replacement! I enjoy it very much.

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #1,298 of 4,753
Why not Mojo? Or Lotto paw s1?
I have both of those DAC/AMPs and I love them both. Both would be great with the twins.

Feb 2, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #1,299 of 4,753

By SF8F you mean S8F by Fearless or something else? If so, how would you compare Clair to S8F?

Feb 2, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #1,300 of 4,753
Why not Mojo? Or Lotto paw s1?

considering the paw S1! The only downside is that it only decodes up to DSD128 (quite a sizeable number of my fav album are in DSD256, which the Hip Dac can handle...)

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #1,301 of 4,753
considering the paw S1! The only downside is that it only decodes up to DSD128 (quite a sizeable number of my fav album are in DSD256, which the Hip Dac can handle...)
Well, discerning between DSD128 and 256 is well beyond my ability to recognize the difference. If it is indeed a showstopper for you, then mojo might be the answer. Both indeed go well with Monarch in my book.

Feb 2, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #1,302 of 4,753
By SF8F you mean S8F by Fearless or something else? If so, how would you compare Clair to S8F?

Correct, the Fearless. More bassy, less midrange/balance overall. So they'd feel more bloated.
They're tiny and super comfortable though!

Honestly I do like them. They are no competition, but they're cheaper. And much more comfortable. So they have a place in what I rotate through.
Same size, less bass, a little more midrange and I'd be happy!

Feb 2, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #1,303 of 4,753
Correct, the Fearless. More bassy, less midrange/balance overall. So they'd feel more bloated.
They're tiny and super comfortable though!

Honestly I do like them. They are no competition, but they're cheaper. And much more comfortable. So they have a place in what I rotate through.
Same size, less bass, a little more midrange and I'd be happy!

Sorry I didn't make myself clear enough. I own S8F and I'm looking at Clair for possible upgrade.
I'm not sure I follow can you please just confirm what can I expect from Clair soundwise?
Thank you

Feb 2, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #1,304 of 4,753

Thank you in advance!

With these IEMS you shouldn't be worried about power, they are very sensitive, everywhere around half power is more than enough.

You should be looking more for quality sound, good quality, no hiss, good detail... In the general, good quality.

To be fair, the Clairs have been great anywhere that I have tried. Maybe I have very low standards.

My general advice is, don't listen to other people's experience, just try what you want and then decide what's best for.

Feb 2, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #1,305 of 4,753
Sorry I didn't make myself clear enough. I own S8F and I'm looking at Clair for possible upgrade.
I'm not sure I follow can you please just confirm what can I expect from Clair soundwise?
Thank you

Clairvoyance are superior in virtually every aspect. Clearer, more technically strong (better seperation and soundstage), less bass, more balanced tuning overall.
It's that simple!

To me the Clairvoyance are the cleanest IEMs I own. Andromedas and K10s feel bloated and and while I enjoy their more powerful sound, the Clairvoyance are more open sounding. Ditto the SF8 though that one has more emphasis on the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back