ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Feb 2, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #1,306 of 4,753
Clairvoyance are superior in virtually every aspect. Clearer, more technically strong (better seperation and soundstage), less bass, more balanced tuning overall.
It's that simple!

To me the Clairvoyance are the cleanest IEMs I own. Andromedas and K10s feel bloated and and while I enjoy their more powerful sound, the Clairvoyance are more open sounding. Ditto the SF8 though that one has more emphasis on the bass.

Yes that is what I thought you said in the first place but I was confused by the more bass on S8F. By everything I read and heard about Clair I thought they are more bassy hmmm? Even Michael Bruce on YT described Clair as almost bass monsters which S8F certainly isn't IMO.
Recently I got the FD5, well that is "sweet bass"
Cheers mate

Feb 3, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #1,307 of 4,753
Yeah! I hear the S8F as being a bit more midbass centric, vs subbass. The clair has a bit lower midbass and a LOT more subbass. So depending on the track the S8F may sound bloaty with midbass.

To me the Clair has some of if not the best bass I've ever heard on anything. It absolutely destroys the S8F in slam and overall bass resolution. I mean no surprise right, it has 4x BA AND 1x10mm DD for bass alone.

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #1,308 of 4,753
i never listened to Clair, but i love the bass of my Monarchs. I've been expectibg it to be worse after review of BGGAR (like 'muted bass guitar and kick-drum'), i dont notice it. In fact after purchase of Monarch and MEST my tastes somewhat changed, now i think the less mid bass the better. I sold andro 2020 for this reason and rarely listen to my sony M9.

Feb 4, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #1,310 of 4,753
Yes that is what I thought you said in the first place but I was confused by the more bass on S8F. By everything I read and heard about Clair I thought they are more bassy hmmm? Even Michael Bruce on YT described Clair as almost bass monsters which S8F certainly isn't IMO.
Recently I got the FD5, well that is "sweet bass"
Cheers mate

Yeah! I hear the S8F as being a bit more midbass centric, vs subbass. The clair has a bit lower midbass and a LOT more subbass. So depending on the track the S8F may sound bloaty with midbass.

To me the Clair has some of if not the best bass I've ever heard on anything. It absolutely destroys the S8F in slam and overall bass resolution. I mean no surprise right, it has 4x BA AND 1x10mm DD for bass alone.

I have had the S8F for quite some time, and now I have a Clairvoyance.
I would never say that the S8F has more bass than the Clairvoyance, neither mid bass nor sub bass.
Looking at the graphs it may seem like that, but at least in my ears it is very different. The Clair bass is much more powerful and has much more texture and punch than S8F bass, I imagine that mainly because it has a DD.
The best bass I've heard in an IEM is the Mest, closely followed by the Clairvoyance.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #1,311 of 4,753
i never listened to Clair, but i love the bass of my Monarchs. I've been expectibg it to be worse after review of BGGAR (like 'muted bass guitar and kick-drum'), i dont notice it. In fact after purchase of Monarch and MEST my tastes somewhat changed, now i think the less mid bass the better. I sold andro 2020 for this reason and rarely listen to my sony M9.

I'd love to hear your thoughts of the Monarch vs the Sony IER-M9

Feb 6, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #1,313 of 4,753
Has anyone heard both the monarch/Claire and the penon volt? My mom has the Volt and Totem and I use it when she doesn't and it's easily 10x the iem as my 3dt and Blessing2 are. I have 5 very nice mid range iems but it's time to upgrade. Had a great week of day trading and want a reward but don't want to rush buy something like I previously did. Since I already have access to the Volt I'm looking at the Claire or monarch, the Mest, qdc dMagic, and a few others. Thoughts on what would be best for a rap enthusiast

Feb 6, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #1,314 of 4,753
For Rap? Huh. I'd say the Clair over the Monarch for you due to more midbass energy. I can say the Clair has maaajor basshead bass possible. Add EQ and power and watch out. Nothing else really gets super close imo. 1x10mm DD + 4x BA for bass alone.

Feb 6, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #1,315 of 4,753
Has anyone heard both the monarch/Claire and the penon volt? My mom has the Volt and Totem and I use it when she doesn't and it's easily 10x the iem as my 3dt and Blessing2 are. I have 5 very nice mid range iems but it's time to upgrade. Had a great week of day trading and want a reward but don't want to rush buy something like I previously did. Since I already have access to the Volt I'm looking at the Claire or monarch, the Mest, qdc dMagic, and a few others. Thoughts on what would be best for a rap enthusiast
Order the Claire but dun let your mom know!😄😊

Feb 6, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #1,317 of 4,753
I'll definitely share with her.. it's my money so why would I not tell her lol it's not really her business
Afterwards she might prefer Claire over Volts😄. Anyway, do give an impression between Volt and Claire if you decided on it? 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back