Thieaudio Ghost Thread
Jul 7, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #91 of 156
I ended up going a different way, so I will bow out. Congrats to all the owners and I will likely drop back in occasionally to see how things are going.

Jul 7, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #93 of 156
Oh I love the Meze pads, never taken them off since I got them. They are a lot thicker and denser material.
So, how has the sound changed? For the better I assume?

Jul 7, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #94 of 156
So, how has the sound changed? For the better I assume?

To be honest I didn't have a ton of time on the old pads, a few weeks. And even then it took me like 10 minutes to change the pads so I don't trust my ears enough to have a good memory of what the difference in sound is. Some people have that skill but I am not them.

Jul 11, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #96 of 156
On sale for Prime Day. A little over a hundred.
Anyone sitting on the fence should JUMP! These are my daily driver and I could not be happier. They actually have a fair amount of isolation even for an open back. My Hifiman's leak sound like a sieve and bother my wife. These Ghosts don't leak so much which is really nice. They EQ very well too. Sound wise they don't make any mistakes or omissions--everything seems to be all there in a nice smooth balance.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #97 of 156
Does your pair's left side angle slightly differently than its right side? I just got mine (my first open back headphones) and I also really like them but it seems like one of the sides arrived bent slightly out of place. Are they supposed to be symmetrical?
No, mine is just fine. Be sure one side's adjustment slider is extended the same distance as the other.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #98 of 156
I got the Ghost from the recent sale. They were good right out of the box and I think they are smoother after 20 hours of use. I like them. A lot. My Senn 6XX are back in their box. They needed a rest, anyway, and the Ghost are as comfortable. I think, maybe, my modded Fostex have a bit more delineation in the bass, but the Ghost has good bass. The Fostex are probably silkier in the mids, but the Ghost are very good there, too. The highs of the Ghost are better than the Fostex. And I haven't cut the fabric/foam out of the pads. Driving with a DCTH. Haven't tried with my Asgard 3, yet. Enjoying them. And some reviewers slighted the Ghost for soundstage and detail. I guess they had to say something negative about a relatively inexpensive headphone, but the detail, to me, is excellent. Soundstage is good. No issues with build, smell or whatever.
I agree completely.

Aug 1, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #102 of 156
Anybody who is looking for a good deal might want to check out DROP. They have an option to order them for $99.00, but they need 13 more people to sign up in the next two days.
Pretty good deal although you do have to count the cost of shipping.

Aug 24, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #103 of 156
Everybody still enjoying their Ghosts? I bought and sold two different models recently. I was underwhelmed by them.
I was on Amazon ordering a cat house and I started to wonder should I go Ghost? :smile:

Part of me is curious to try them and the other is saying, "you know they're not going to replace any of your favourites and you will just move them on in a month or two, at a loss."

In rebuttal, I tell myself (yes I do speak to myself often), "Well the loss will be pretty small at this price point".:grin:

Aug 24, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #104 of 156
Everybody still enjoying their Ghosts? I bought and sold two different models recently. I was underwhelmed by them.
I was on Amazon ordering a cat house and I started to wonder should I go Ghost? :smile:

Part of me is curious to try them and the other is saying, "you know they're not going to replace any of your favourites and you will just move them on in a month or two, at a loss."

In rebuttal, I tell myself (yes I do speak to myself often), "Well the loss will be pretty small at this price point".:grin:
Still loving mine. They're not going to blow your socks off, but for $99-$129 they will. I put them on and feel nothing is missing. There is nice clarity and texture at all extremes. They're a nice daily driver. You could travel with these and not worry one bit. And they don't leak much sound even thought they're open back. I run them with a balanced cable out of my Jotenheim 2 and D30Pro DAC. Just a few years ago, these would be $300 headphones all day long.

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #105 of 156
Same here, still loving mine. Still my daily driver. Still prefer them over my 6XX. Got the oval angled hybrid pads on them.
I prefer a warmer sound. My Senns 560s were too thin and bright for me.
Ghost is on sale at Linsoul at the moment. $103.
EDIT: Shane D, I see that you have Focal Clears and Radiances, and the Ghosts will not replace those headphones. But for $103 the value is exceptional!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back