https://www.linsoul.com/products/thieaudio-ghost

• TYPE - Headphones
  • DRIVERS - 40mm Sapphire Composite Dynamic Driver
  • IMPEDANCE - 60 ohms
  • SENSITIVITY - 91dB @ 1kHz
  • FREQ. RESPONSE - 20Hz-20kHz
  • CABLE TERMINATION - Interchangeable 3.5mm wire
  • HEADPHONES CONNECTORS - Dual 3.5mm

I have just received a pair and will be writing a full review in due course, however from initial impressions they are very good. With a warm tonal balance, but excellent treble reproduction, they have a good overall balance and are nice and comfy. They definitely sound better than their price would suggest, and I'm impressed so far.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #2 of 155
Just starting my write up, these really do sound pretty darn impressive, especially for their price.

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 155
This looks as if the shure 1840 and hd580 had a baby.

Z saying it sounds 99% like a 109 pro, w/ the 109 pro pads, but.... how can one get these 109 pro pads. Does Meze sell them?

Those claims would be pretty impressive, but then again, there is hype on every other chi-fi can.

Havn;t seen sapphire + composite since the old Sony days.... I believe they experimented with vaporized sapphire..

price seems reasonable too! :D

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:57 PM Post #5 of 155
Yeah, I saw his review this morning as well. I haven't seem that Meze sells the pads separate like their other pads. Zeo mentioned he was going to cutout the mesh on the factory pads to see if that also helps. Curious about that. If it does sound that close to the 109s that's going to be a steal.

Mar 16, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #6 of 155
Yeah, I saw his review this morning as well. I haven't seem that Meze sells the pads separate like their other pads. Zeo mentioned he was going to cutout the mesh on the factory pads to see if that also helps. Curious about that. If it does sound that close to the 109s that's going to be a steal.

Meze needs to make those velour pads like the 109 but for their classic too. Those pads are very nice!

Whether it is praise for the Ghost or an insult to the 109 .... that is a tough one :p

But yeah that would make one hell of a bargain if what Z says is true

Mar 17, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #7 of 155
I could see these having quite a cult following. Having cans like these can only help lower the cost of other high end cans and thats good for everybody.

These would be especially good for kids/little brothers and sisters, etc to get them a taste of hifi.

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #8 of 155
This looks as if the shure 1840 and hd580 had a baby.

Z saying it sounds 99% like a 109 pro, w/ the 109 pro pads, but.... how can one get these 109 pro pads. Does Meze sell them?

Those claims would be pretty impressive, but then again, there is hype on every other chi-fi can.

Havn;t seen sapphire + composite since the old Sony days.... I believe they experimented with vaporized sapphire..

price seems reasonable too! :D

I'm hopefully getting the 109 Pro at some point soon, so will be able to compare.

Mar 19, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #9 of 155
Mar 28, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #10 of 155
Tell you folks right now, this headphone is serious. Just got them today. Listening with balanced cable out of my xDuoo MT-604 tube hybrid. It really is like a Sennheiser 6XX series headphone. The vocals are stellar, grainless, and forward. Female vocals in particular are goosebumps. I am equalizing these just a bit but regardless. They blow my NighOwls away. Just can't believe these are $129. These are a $300 headphone. They are comfortable just like Sennheisers too. They're not super dynamic but they've got something special going on. Others will have better words and descriptions and comparisons. Keep your eye on this one!

Mar 29, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #11 of 155
Zeos' says substituting Meze 109 pads make the Ghost magical, and his link for pre-ordering the pads at Mimic Audio is now live. $79 plus shipping, which turns these into $200+ phones :frowning2:

The two differences I see between the stock and 109 pads are that the Meze pads are slightly larger and they lack padded acoustic dust mats over the drivers. The larger size may or may not make a sonic difference, but the lack of pads would likely add brightness to the high end, perhaps some detail and "excitement" and making them more in line with the Sennheiser HD6XX graphs I have seen.

Has anyone done pad rolling? Mine arrive in a few days.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #12 of 155
Tell you folks right now, this headphone is serious. Just got them today. Listening with balanced cable out of my xDuoo MT-604 tube hybrid. It really is like a Sennheiser 6XX series headphone. The vocals are stellar, grainless, and forward. Female vocals in particular are goosebumps. I am equalizing these just a bit but regardless. They blow my NighOwls away. Just can't believe these are $129. These are a $300 headphone. They are comfortable just like Sennheisers too. They're not super dynamic but they've got something special going on. Others will have better words and descriptions and comparisons. Keep your eye on this one!
Does your pair's left side angle slightly differently than its right side? I just got mine (my first open back headphones) and I also really like them but it seems like one of the sides arrived bent slightly out of place. Are they supposed to be symmetrical?

Apr 24, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #14 of 155
I got the Ghost from the recent sale. They were good right out of the box and I think they are smoother after 20 hours of use. I like them. A lot. My Senn 6XX are back in their box. They needed a rest, anyway, and the Ghost are as comfortable. I think, maybe, my modded Fostex have a bit more delineation in the bass, but the Ghost has good bass. The Fostex are probably silkier in the mids, but the Ghost are very good there, too. The highs of the Ghost are better than the Fostex. And I haven't cut the fabric/foam out of the pads. Driving with a DCTH. Haven't tried with my Asgard 3, yet. Enjoying them. And some reviewers slighted the Ghost for soundstage and detail. I guess they had to say something negative about a relatively inexpensive headphone, but the detail, to me, is excellent. Soundstage is good. No issues with build, smell or whatever.

Apr 25, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #15 of 155
Same experience here. Bought the Ghost because Zeos review got me curious and it was so cheap. My daily driver used to be 6XX, but since I got the Ghost I've only used them once. (And after 30 mins i switched back to the Ghost.) I'm really surprised, didn't expect liking them that much. I did cut the foam, IMHO it made them better. Better detail and more open sound. If you fold back the leather sleeve you can cut the foam close to the edge. And then if you don't like it it's possible to put the foam back. The pads will hold the foam in place. I don't speak reviewer lingo but I can only describe the sound as beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back