Thieaudio Ghost Thread
May 29, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #46 of 155
Did you buy the regular, hybrid or sheepskin?
BTW, I don't agree with that review about the comfort. I think the stock pads are very comfortable. First I cut the foam and was happy. Then that review awoke my curiosity and I bought the BRAINWAVZ Angled Hybrids. I think both sounds very good. Stock without foam is a little brighter. Angled hybrid tames the highs a bit and adds some punch to the bass. Which one you prefer is up to you. I'm a little treble sensitive, so I'm using the angled hybrid ones. Both are better that stock, though, IMHO. I feel that the thick foam was holding them back.

May 29, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #48 of 155
So I have an OTL tube amp arriving next week. I'll be sure to report back on if the Ghost plays nicely with it or not.
Isn't the Ghost 60ohms impedance?

May 29, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #50 of 155
Isn't the Ghost 60ohms impedance?
Even efficient headphones sound great with the right tube amp. This week I am using my Grado's with a Schiit Valhalla 2 and a Little Dot MK9. And my Grado's are 32 and 38 Ohms.
Sounds Awesome! :thumbsup:

Jun 2, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #51 of 155
I’m curious about scalability. One of the big points of the hd6 lineup from sennheiser is their scaling with higher quality or tube amps.

How are these on some of the higher end or more powerful amps vs entry or mid level? Do tubes add some value?

Thanks all! Really appreciate the thread thus far.

Happy to report these are actually doing a really good job on my TA-26 OTL tube amp. I wouldn't necessarily say there's any major scaling above my Modi/Magni or even above my Fulla E but there's definitely a little bit of a change in the sound that I am enjoying. I'm only a few songs in so I don't have any significant observations besides 'Sounds good, want to listen to the next track'

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #52 of 155
Happy to report these are actually doing a really good job on my TA-26 OTL tube amp. I wouldn't necessarily say there's any major scaling above my Modi/Magni or even above my Fulla E but there's definitely a little bit of a change in the sound that I am enjoying. I'm only a few songs in so I don't have any significant observations besides 'Sounds good, want to listen to the next track'
Same experience here, tried them with Little Dot mk3. I just love the way it sounds.

Jun 12, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #53 of 155
Had these for a couple of months now with about 75+ hours on them ,and for the third time on this thread I'm telling you folks these are great headphones--not for the money, but period. There is nothing missing. Everything is there: texture, smoothness on the treble, midrange, soundstage, imaging, bass, etc. I just don't feel there is compromise anywhere in their sound signature. Everything is CRYSTAL clear and yet non-fatiguing. Winners. Pure winners. Just give them some time. At this price there's nothing to lose. I suspect that for many a poor audiophile, this will be the only headphone they need. One other thing that I REALLY appreciate is that they don't leak sound too bad at all. They're more like a semi-open in that regard. In time when more audiophiles discover these gems, they'll have a nice following. I know one thing, they're going to set a new standard for $129. What an amazing time to be an audiophile.

Jun 12, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #55 of 155
Agree, the value is incredible. Maybe this is the beginning of great budget headphones, like what happended recently to budget chifi IEM:s. Would love that.
I think we're seeing it. The FIIO FT3 are another one I'm reading about for $299 that punch up value 2X-3X its price.

Jun 12, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #57 of 155
IDK I think we've had plenty of great budget headphone choices already, 58X and 6XX come to mind. These are just another great choice in the sub $200 space.
Had both of those. Ghosts are much better.

Jun 12, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #58 of 155
IDK I think we've had plenty of great budget headphone choices already, 58X and 6XX come to mind. These are just another great choice in the sub $200 space.
Yeah, they are great, but 6XX $239, Ghost $129 (Both on sale at the moment, $199 vs $116). Almost half the price.
$116 is really cheap. I got 6XX too, but I'm currently using Ghost as daily driver. I like both, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back