There's Something About Ultrasone…
Jun 14, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #5,132 of 5,942
Well after trading mine away, it's looking more and more like I'm going to return to the Ultrasone camp at some point. Just a matter of time...

Jun 14, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #5,133 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you will a member of the trade here, I guess you don't need the typical 1st post head-fi greeting that says, "Welcome to head-fi, and sorry about your wallet."
tongue.gif

Thanks! We are looking forward to being more active here. More later.

Jun 14, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #5,134 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrapaul /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, it will be more like sorry about my wallet. :^0

Jun 14, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #5,135 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrapaul /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are greatful to have you guys here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 15, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #5,137 of 5,942
Does the Pro 750 rest on the airs or cover the ears?

Jun 15, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #5,138 of 5,942
PL750 is circumaural which covers the ears.

Jun 15, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #5,139 of 5,942
Thx,I just wanted to make sure because I was worried when I get them. Because of there shape, I thought it might rest on the ear.

Jun 15, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #5,141 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for your bad experience. I had a driver go bad on my 750's, mostly due to my own doing, and the sent me a replacement, which I received about 4 days later. Now they had them in stock but they seemed (Ultrasone US) to be on top of things. Now I have heard the opposite for Ultrasone Germany as far as customer service. I know I have emailed Germany in the past (several times) and no response was forthcoming. I was glad that Ultrasone US existed but now they don't. I have a blem on my new Ultrasone Ed. 9's and the seller contacted Germany about this. No response.

My understanding is that in the U.S.A., Ultrasone is operating in California. I recently wrote to Ultrasone and received a reply, which judging from the way it was written, probably came from Germany.

Jun 15, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #5,142 of 5,942
Peter pinna have you played any pc games with the pro 750, if have. how well they work in those games?

Jun 15, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #5,143 of 5,942
Yes they are now as Ultrasone has bypassed the distributor after they got things rolling. I hope Ultrasone in California will keep up the good customer service of the distributor and will not be like Ultrasone Germany, which has a poor record of customer service, at least from my experience and anyone else I have emailed with here in the US.

Jun 15, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #5,144 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by genclaymore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peter pinna have you played any pc games with the pro 750, if have. how well they work in those games?

I wish I could answer your question from first hand experience but I'm not a gamer. I have listened to a lot of music using the Proline 750's and I have watched some movies (DVD's). I have also used them for recording. They have been excellent for all of these purposes.
I have found that when I watch movies with them, I don't use the Dolby Headphone option because I prefer the sound stage of the Proline 750's on their own. It sounds more realistic to me. The dimensions are still there (like surround sound) like they would be with the Dolby Headphone setting activated but somehow it just sounds more natural and real to me.
The other night I was watching this movie called "The Polar Express" which is an animated (a different type of animation) film starring Tom Hanks. Late in the picture, there is a scene where Santa Claus makes a grand entrance. While the Proline 750's excelled throughout, it was here, because of what was going on in the audio, that they were given a chance to really super-shine!
Back to your question about gaming and how the Pro 750's would "react" to gaming. As, I said, I'm not a gamer myself but one of the things I know about gamers is some of them tend to like a lot of bass. The Pro 750's are not what I would call a "bassy" headphone. The bass from them is very realistic and "tight" (right on cue, right "in the pocket") sounding bass. If the audio actually has a "bassy" sounding bass, then that's what the Pro's will enable you to hear. They are accurate headphones, IMO.
If you don't like exaggerated bass, if you like the bass (and every other frequency) to sound like the recording engineer intended it to sound, then the Pro 750's are the ones for you.
And, only as a point of reference, to let you know a comparison, IMO, the AKG headphones I've heard are not "bassy" enough.
I hope this helps.

Jun 15, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #5,145 of 5,942
the proline 750s are great gaming headphones, but that really goes for just about any high end circumaural you can buy these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back