There's Something About Ultrasone…
Jun 2, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #3,541 of 5,942
Well, we can certainly all hope for better in the future! Perhaps there will be trickle-down from the Edition 9s design as opposed to trickle-up for their headband. Nonetheless, I've not seen many comments from Edition 9 owners worrying terribly much about the headband. The critiques mainly come from folks that haven't lived with them yet.

As it stands, I can easily forgive a few small headband deficiencies in the PROlines for the superior sound that they offer.
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #3,542 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nattydraddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It don´t works well and i read that Sennheiser and Beyersynamics want to stop using it for they cheaper models.

I don´t think people like the design, because you can nowhere find Ultrasone Headphones in german shops. And it´s a company from germany. Headphones from Grado are in many german HiFi-Shops, though Grados cost more than the double than in USA in Germany (1600 Euro for a Grado GS-1000!).

No. It´s Far-East-Asian OEM look.

Grados looks like from the 60ties/seventies. But people love it. There is enough plastic stuff in our modern world.

As Ultrasone came out with their S-Logic a dozen years before, they were revoltionary. But other headphones evolved better soundstage too. No it´s just a matter of choice if you take S-Logic from Ultrasone or E.A.R. or the nameless designs for AKG, ATH and so on.

I still think that Ultrasone is an inovative company but the S-Logic is not a killer argument for me to buy one of there headhones.

The headphones i use are enjoyable to wear. As long the Ultrasones are bad in this area, i won´t buy an Ultrasone HP. Sorry for that.

My understanding is that Ultrasones are primarily established in the recording industry and are only now starting to emerge into the audio world. So I suspect that you might find a greater presence in musician shops rather than in audio shops. But I make no claims to know the German market. But out here I don't think that you'd find that many Grados being used in pro studios. This is just my impression from the Pro and Prosumer musician stores I frequent.

Besides I just checked you profile and I see that you have the 701s. Have you looked in the mirror recently with you cans on? They look like something from the 1950s that decided to try to be hip and jump on the iPod white bandwagon. I mean white, and aimed at pro studios, what were they thinking (oh yeah iPod). Sorry I find this whole style thing very funny.

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #3,543 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's like tuning a cheap car, or building a Fiat Panda out of carbon fiber and aluminium.....

More like Mitsubishi basing the Evos on a Lancer. The locally made Lancers are terrible cars but the EVO VI, VII, VIII, IX etc are very nearly the fastest windy road point to point cars on the road.

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #3,544 of 5,942
I don't have any problem with the headband of the Proline (750). The design is actually imo quite similar to the sony v700. Nothing wrong with that. I like it.
It creaks a little yeah, and only of you move it around your head or take it off, but it doesn't break. For me, they are very sexy looking hp's but hey, who am I?
(and they match my eyeliner perfectly lol
wink.gif
)

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #3,546 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr Ryka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slwiser

Thanks for interesting review. Greets for your wife.

Thanks

English being my basic language is not any easier for me to use, believe me.

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #3,548 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr Ryka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks God, that Polish is not your basic language.
smily_headphones1.gif

I learned what English I learned from the school system in the state of Tennessee back in the 1950s. I think they thought that language was something that was basic as eating and drinking so they did not put much focus on it when I was growing up. The rest is history for me. I suffer still from that basic neglect to this day. Getting into words what I want to say remains very difficult to me.

Jun 2, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #3,550 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan the man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long does it take to break in the Edition 9's?
What sound level should one use for break-in?
Does the slighly shrill treble get better after break-in?

I just let my UE9s run for three weeks and fairly low levels most of the time when I was not listening to them.

Does the UE9s have a "slighly shrill treble get better after break-in?" To answer this question in the positive I must accept the contention it has a "slighly shrill treble" during break-in, which I don't. Sounds like a personal preference toward a veiled treble sound to me.

Jun 3, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #3,552 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruZZ.il /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got my pl 750's.. YEEHAW
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
tick tock I love that knock

Congratrulations on the new cans. Its always a good sign when you like them right out of the box. Be prepared for them to go into crappier sound land, with various side trips from 10-150 hours of burn in. At about 150 hours they seem to settle in and then just start to get better and better. At about 250 hours they are pretty mature, but myself and other have experienced more subtle refinements even to 400 hours and maybe beyond. Have fun, now go burn, burn, burn.

PS. You might want to set up your profile as it helps others help you when you have questions. But then I am a compulsive profile checker so I've got a bias.

Jun 3, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #3,555 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice one, ruZZ! Here's your official PROline 750 smiley, enjoy!
750prolinebx3.png

Hey Dex,

Do you have any Edition 9s smiles there? I never did get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back