There's Something About Ultrasone…
Feb 7, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #1,021 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmer116 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw when you receive your 2500 I would suggest using pinknoise or white noise to burn it in. I was using my music last night but the difference wasn't as obvious after 3 hours of white noise. Man I really getting addicted to this presentation, just need to be smoother in time.
cool.gif
I think you will really like these as long as you give them some burn in time.

Mike

Just remember, we'll be there for all of you guys and gals as you approach that nervous-nellie 100th hour of burn-in and
THEY STILL AREN'T QUITE RIGHT(!!!!)
and then that 150th hour of burn-in where...
THEY STILL AREN'T QUITE RIGHT(!!!!)
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

We will be here to hold your hand and comfort you all the way into your 200th hour, when at last you will be able to relax and say to yourself,
"I guess these were a good purchase after all!"
750prolinebx3.png

(I'll admit, I was getting a little nervous there during my own burn-in, but Dex and Sovkiller and others helped me through my dark nights.... these headphones can do some pretty unnerving things during their burn-in!)

Just ask for Dr. Dexdexter... I'm still merely an intern.

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

BTW - I alternated a loop of 2-min pink noise weighted and 2-min pink noise unweighted since I had both, and it worked great. The big advantage of using a pink or white noise (or some of both) is that you are assured of exposing the headphones to all the possible frequencies in a random fashion. Pink noise is white noise with a little of the extreme highs being rolled off a little to make it a slightly gentler ride for them.

Feb 7, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #1,022 of 5,942
[size=medium]Wow! Over a 1000 posts already! If you hurry it up, you guys may catch the 81DJ and Stax threads by the end of the month!!!
lambda.gif
[/size]

Feb 7, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #1,023 of 5,942
The only thing I am little afraid of while burning in is... It goes very gradually and when you have finally reached that moment of fully being burned in you won't notice the difference..? I know there's one cause I listened to a fully burned-in pair before I bought mine but still. Maybe it's just stupid and the difference is still gonna be unmissable.

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #1,025 of 5,942
Well my 2500's turned up almost before i had my eye's open today,and i found myself listening for five hours straight.I only intended to have a quick listen to make sure everything was OK before sticking them on my spare dvd drive to cook for a while,but i enjoyed what i was hearing so stuck with it at the expense of doing little else i was supposed too!
After 25 years or so of headphones i am just about able to fight off new toy syndrome[although its hard sometimes] so am not going to gush lyrical for at least a few day's
biggrin.gif

There have been so many views given for the Prolines that you could spend an age trawling through the different threads[i did
plainface.gif
]
I used Sony CD3000's as my main can's for about three years before selling them on a strange whim,i thought they were very good can's, upfront presentation with more height and width as opposed to depth or front to back you might say,i only mention the 3000's as i was drawn from memory to the Sony's far more than other can's i've owned or heard for a first comparison to the Proline 2500.
After five hours on my head then another five cooking + a little more listening just now for good luck i'd say these are IMHO a little like a more refined CD3000,more defined in the bass with great weight,a tad less bright in the treble and smooth sounding whilst still having the attack and speed needed to rock,not sure how things will pan out over the next week or so but think these 2500's are showing great potential.
Oh and i might just be lucky but i'm finding these very comfy,thanks to Dexdexter,Sovkiller and co for helping bring these can's to my attention.

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #1,026 of 5,942
At 50+ hours and counting I have a long way to go before they settle in. But they sound so different from my W5000s. At this time the ambiance presentation is the primary difference. At this time the W5000s sound more musical.

The W5000s sound like you are in an concert hall.

The 2500s sound like you are out in the open with no reflections. It is just you and the instruments. The 2500s sound quieter than the w5000s. There is differently something with the S-logic and its surround sound presentation but I am not sure how to describe it yet.

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #1,027 of 5,942
I just want to say i am absolutely "in love" with hfi2200 when 150hours brake in expeired... Sound is sooo gentle, warm, pleasant, nice, name it as you want, but in three words - "holiday for ears"... Thats all i want to add to this big topic

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #1,028 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 2500s sound like you are out in the open with no reflections. It is just you and the instruments. The 2500s sound quieter than the w5000s. There is differently something with the S-logic and its surround sound presentation but I am not sure how to describe it yet.

You are not sure how to describe it, and you need to get used to it as well, tow things....Please try to get used first to that presentation avoiding to listen and compare for a while, and just listening only those for some time, you will have time enough later on for comparisons, but if you never get used to them, reinforcing the unnatural presentation of other heapdhones, it will be harder for you...trust us on that, keep the other cans away for a few days...

Feb 8, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #1,029 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by z00ne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want to say i am absolutely "in love" with hfi2200 when 150hours brake in expeired... Sound is sooo gentle, warm, pleasant, nice, name it as you want, but in three words - "holiday for ears"... Thats all i want to add to this big topic

I feel the same about my HFI-2200's. They are very warm and pleasant, zero fatiguing, very musical and fun cans. I have absolutely no regrets with these. I feel like I have reached the best budget sound available (got these for -40%, 137 EUR, though I would have no problems paying the full price) and I have no intentions upgrading, other than trying 2500's later.

Feb 8, 2007 at 9:50 AM Post #1,032 of 5,942
Yea, I know, but it is sometimes hard to resist comparing them when they are right in front of you.

They do have a special sound unique to their own, apparently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are not sure how to describe it, and you need to get used to it as well, tow things....Please try to get used first to that presentation avoiding to listen and compare for a while, and just listening only those for some time, you will have time enough later on for comparisons, but if you never get used to them, reinforcing the unnatural presentation of other heapdhones, it will be harder for you...trust us on that, keep the other cans away for a few days...

Feb 8, 2007 at 10:00 AM Post #1,033 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you guys do that with music while on the road, when you'd use e.g. IEMs? You just don't do that anymore while trying to get in sync with the presentation of the Ultrasones?

Feb 8, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #1,034 of 5,942
Having them burned in for like 33 hours now and the sound is improving. Used the pink noise last night wich I downloaded. Getting more depth in the music. Highs are getting better but they still don't sound good IMO. But still a long way to go. And still know it's worth it
600smile.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #1,035 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you guys do that with music while on the road, when you'd use e.g. IEMs? You just don't do that anymore while trying to get in sync with the presentation of the Ultrasones?

IEMs, Charles, what are those?
tongue.gif

On the go, I use Ultrasones mostly, 'cept when it's pouring rain, in which case either the KSC75 or PX-100 are deployed. But I haven't noticed any difficulty switching between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back