Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Jun 22, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #557 of 1,185
Sorry if this has been asked but has anyone tried the it03 with balanced c12/13 with the opus #2? If so how was it.

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #558 of 1,185
Sorry if this has been asked but has anyone tried the it03 with balanced c12/13 with the opus #2? If so how was it.

Even though I have a Kann, I still prefer Opus #2 as my go to DAP. IT03 is brilliant with Opus #2, or I should say it is a good complement. I do not have C12/13 but I have a balanced cable with (2)copper and (4)silver cores. The silver cores make the IT03 more reference sounding, bring out the crispness of IT03 while the copper cores bring out the fullness and body of mid/low end. In short, if you are able to match IT03 with a good cable, you definitely will enjoy it with Opus #2.

Jun 23, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #559 of 1,185
Even though I have a Kann, I still prefer Opus #2 as my go to DAP. IT03 is brilliant with Opus #2, or I should say it is a good complement. I do not have C12/13 but I have a balanced cable with (2)copper and (4)silver cores. The silver cores make the IT03 more reference sounding, bring out the crispness of IT03 while the copper cores bring out the fullness and body of mid/low end. In short, if you are able to match IT03 with a good cable, you definitely will enjoy it with Opus #2.

Thanks for the reply :)

I see in your signature that you have a very nice collection of portable gear.

How would you compare a mojo plus transport to the opus 2, kann.

All can be had for a similiar price range in my area.

Mojo combo being the most inexpensive.

Kann is about $150 less expensive than opus 2. But both of those options being having balanced where the mojo does not.

Im stuck on going with the mojo combo or just a dap with balanced.

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #560 of 1,185
Thanks for the reply :)

I see in your signature that you have a very nice collection of portable gear.

How would you compare a mojo plus transport to the opus 2, kann.

All can be had for a similiar price range in my area.

Mojo combo being the most inexpensive.

Kann is about $150 less expensive than opus 2. But both of those options being having balanced where the mojo does not.

Im stuck on going with the mojo combo or just a dap with balanced.

Since everyone has different preference, my suggestion is to audio them with your favorite headphones/IEM before make the purchase. I personally enjoy detailed treble more than heavy bass. For this reason, I rate Opus #2 > Kann > Mojo.

Mojo is great for driving high impedance headphones, the most powerful of the three in a portable form. The level of detail is great. However, do not expect Mojo to do magic like brings out the full potential of headphones. It has its limitations.

Opus #2 main drawback to me is lack of USB out, the other is battery life(6 hours top with balanced out).

Kann has the most functions. Kann on the other hand, with great balanced IEM, it can sound match or even better than Opus #2. Kann's sound signature is very similar to Opus #2 with minor differences. You can read the posts in Kann thread.

BTW, I am no expert, just like great sound and music. Take my words as a grain of salt. I hope this helps.

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #561 of 1,185
Since everyone has different preference, my suggestion is to audio them with your favorite headphones/IEM before make the purchase. I personally enjoy detailed treble more than heavy bass. For this reason, I rate Opus #2 > Kann > Mojo.

Mojo is great for driving high impedance headphones, the most powerful of the three in a portable form. The level of detail is great. However, do not expect Mojo to do magic like brings out the full potential of headphones. It has its limitations.

Opus #2 main drawback to me is lack of USB out, the other is battery life(6 hours top with balanced out).

Kann has the most functions. Kann on the other hand, with great balanced IEM, it can sound match or even better than Opus #2. Kann's sound signature is very similar to Opus #2 with minor differences. You can read the posts in Kann thread.

BTW, I am no expert, just like great sound and music. Take my words as a grain of salt. I hope this helps.

The Opus #3 has just had a firmware update that allows USB out, so it might be coming to the #2 too :p

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #562 of 1,185
The Opus #3 has just had a firmware update that allows USB out, so it might be coming to the #2 too :p
That will be a great news! If only they can increase the battery life by updating firmware...

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #563 of 1,185
Need to run the device a little but I am looking forward to the comparison.

20170624_103644.jpg

Jun 24, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #564 of 1,185
Did you buy the KANN, or is it just in for review?

Jun 26, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #568 of 1,185
Jun 28, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #569 of 1,185
Hi Twister6

How would you compare the Opus#2 against the iBasso DX200 with the AMP2? I have the latter with Shure SE846, though I am thinking about getting some Vega's.

Thanks in advance.

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back