Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by expatinjapan, Sep 9, 2016.
  1. ExpatinJapan
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    glassmonkey likes this.
  2. ExpatinJapan
  3. ExpatinJapan
    reserved for specs etc

4. twister6 Contributor
    Reserved for reserved :D

5. ostewart
    Reserved for review, mine has shipped.

MSRP $1599

6. m8o
    This is only single SD card, correct?

7. glassmonkey
    I'm excited for this DAP. I thought it was one of the best sounding DAPs at CanJam London 2016.

8. howdy
    What would you compare it to? I have a DP-X1 and a Mojo and iFi DSD micro.

9. glassmonkey
    I didn't do comparisons outside of the Opus #1 and my DX50 at CanJam, but I listened to the Echobox Explorer and basically all of FiiO's line. I preferred it to all of the FiiOs and thought that it was an improvement on the Opus #1. It had more power and maintained that super transparent silent background and detail resolution that the Opus #1 does so well (link is to my Opus #1 review). I don't think it had more power than the Echobox as the Echobox drives the HD600 with some room to spare--not a small feat. The Echobox has a warmer sound, while still maintaining good detail.

I didn't spend nearly enough time with it to reach any firm conclusions, but I enjoyed it a lot and hope I get to spend more time with it. It is also built like it is trying to survive the fallout from WWIII or a tectonic rift that robs the western USA of California. It's hefty.

howdy likes this.
  10. howdy
    Thanks!

I may be getting a #1 soon, it's a great device.

11. twister6 Contributor
    Opus#2 will go through the same fw changes as have Opus#1 when it was first introduced and matured to the level of where it is now. The latest fw Rev of Opus#1 and the initial intro fw Rev of Opus#2 sound nearly the same to my ears, though there is less hissing with sensitive iems/ciems (w/Zeus-R) in #2 :ph34r:

12. lochinvar
    My main concerns are: How many gigs can it carry? Does it have a replaceable battery?

13. ExpatinJapan
    Internal memory is 128GB, then you add on a 200GB micro SD card.

14. m8o
    Ok, thanx. I'll stick with my Opus #1 that runs 432 Gigs presently, where I'm eyeing the 256 Gig cards on the way. That is a deal breaker for me.

15. BarDash

I'm with you on that. I'd have to seriously consider the Opus 2 if it had  2 msd card slots but for now I'll stay with The Opus 1. If the IBasso DX200 has 2 slots I may consider that.