1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by expatinjapan, Sep 9, 2016.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. ExpatinJapan
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    glassmonkey likes this.
  2. ExpatinJapan
  3. ExpatinJapan
    reserved for specs etc

4. twister6 Contributor
    Reserved for reserved :D

5. ostewart
    Reserved for review, mine has shipped.

MSRP $1599

6. m8o
    This is only single SD card, correct?

7. glassmonkey
    I'm excited for this DAP. I thought it was one of the best sounding DAPs at CanJam London 2016.

8. howdy
    What would you compare it to? I have a DP-X1 and a Mojo and iFi DSD micro.

9. glassmonkey
    I didn't do comparisons outside of the Opus #1 and my DX50 at CanJam, but I listened to the Echobox Explorer and basically all of FiiO's line. I preferred it to all of the FiiOs and thought that it was an improvement on the Opus #1. It had more power and maintained that super transparent silent background and detail resolution that the Opus #1 does so well (link is to my Opus #1 review). I don't think it had more power than the Echobox as the Echobox drives the HD600 with some room to spare--not a small feat. The Echobox has a warmer sound, while still maintaining good detail.

I didn't spend nearly enough time with it to reach any firm conclusions, but I enjoyed it a lot and hope I get to spend more time with it. It is also built like it is trying to survive the fallout from WWIII or a tectonic rift that robs the western USA of California. It's hefty.

howdy likes this.
  10. howdy
    Thanks!

I may be getting a #1 soon, it's a great device.

11. twister6 Contributor
    Opus#2 will go through the same fw changes as have Opus#1 when it was first introduced and matured to the level of where it is now. The latest fw Rev of Opus#1 and the initial intro fw Rev of Opus#2 sound nearly the same to my ears, though there is less hissing with sensitive iems/ciems (w/Zeus-R) in #2 :ph34r:

12. lochinvar
    My main concerns are: How many gigs can it carry? Does it have a replaceable battery?

13. ExpatinJapan
    Internal memory is 128GB, then you add on a 200GB micro SD card.

14. m8o
    Ok, thanx. I'll stick with my Opus #1 that runs 432 Gigs presently, where I'm eyeing the 256 Gig cards on the way. That is a deal breaker for me.

15. BarDash

I'm with you on that. I'd have to seriously consider the Opus 2 if it had  2 msd card slots but for now I'll stay with The Opus 1. If the IBasso DX200 has 2 slots I may consider that. 

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last