Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Jun 28, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #571 of 1,185
Hi Twister6

How would you compare the Opus#2 against the iBasso DX200 with the AMP2? I have the latter with Shure SE846, though I am thinking about getting some Vega's.

Thanks in advance.

Darren

Might take awhile before i get to it. In a middle of a lot of stuff, and also need to go through a dozen of daps to update the fw, etc. Many people are suggesting the latest dx200 update changed the sound a bit, with everything pointing more toward a fuller body more natural tonality. So, if i take a wild guess, the gap between Opus#2 and dx200 is closing in, though you do loose balanced output with amp2 while gain it back with amp3 which supposed to have a similar design to amp2.

Jul 4, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #573 of 1,185
Hi Guys,

I just purchased one month old (as seller stated) opus#2 for $700 from eBay and started getting nervous that it won't handle my hd600 well. I have opus#1 now and mostly pair it with jh16v2 (balanced) and se215 (single end) at bad time :) but sometimes use hd600 (single end) for quick listen. I have Valhalla2 and it sounds fantastically deep with hd600. With opus#1 it's wide and clear but not as deep in entire spectrum. Lows are not so defined to reach the bottom of my heart but it still loud enough. I also borrowed pcm-d100 from my co-worker and love how it handles hd600. Please let me know if anyone use opus#2 with hd600 and if you compared it to opus#1. Thanks.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #574 of 1,185
Looks like a dead topic here for such a great device :) I got my use #2 last Friday and it sounds tremendous with iems. Unfortunately, not so good with HD600. Don't get me wrong, it's loud enough but not as deep as I had them with pcm-d100. Also, I'm not really impressed with battery life and how hot the device gets. My commute to work is about 45min and when I get to work I have 89% left on auto dsp. On 32bit it looses twice more and getting even hotter. But all this is nothing in comparison to the sound. Please let me know if you notice something similar with battery life and heat.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #575 of 1,185
Looks like a dead topic here for such a great device :) I got my use #2 last Friday and it sounds tremendous with iems. Unfortunately, not so good with HD600. Don't get me wrong, it's loud enough but not as deep as I had them with pcm-d100. Also, I'm not really impressed with battery life and how hot the device gets. My commute to work is about 45min and when I get to work I have 89% left on auto dsp. On 32bit it looses twice more and getting even hotter. But all this is nothing in comparison to the sound. Please let me know if you notice something similar with battery life and heat.

Battery life is about the same for me. Heat isn't much different than other high-end daps. iBass DX200 thread is full of talk about heat. My FiiO x5iii also runs hot. It's not surprising. You've got some powerful chips running hard, with no venting or fans (as in a computer). Only way to dissipate that heat is to radiate through the case.

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #577 of 1,185
It lacks the punch, even in balanced, to fully drive the sound. It will get loud enough but the authority isn't there. The sound quality is great.!

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #578 of 1,185
Topic is dead because we are all here as owners loving our Opus #2 and not having issues :wink: just enjoying it for the incredible DAP it is.

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #579 of 1,185
That true. I've grown to appreciate this device more and more. It really is one of the best-sounding DAPs ever. Not much need to discuss it online. I just listen and enjoy.

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #580 of 1,185
Opus#2 really does have a great sound! I use the Kann if I have power needs....although the Kann is no slouch in the sound department either and the more you listen to it the better it is.

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #581 of 1,185
Why other DAPs have longer threads is because they have tons of problems but not Opus #2. I enjoy it a lot. Just play through my files via DLNA and not worry about anything but enjoy the music is what I do everyday during summer break. Play and forget it. I have not touched my other DAPs for a long time, not even Kann since my Hawaii vacation. Thinking of dumping all of them but keep Opus #2 only.

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #582 of 1,185
Why other DAPs have longer threads is because they have tons of problems but not Opus #2. I enjoy it a lot. Just play through my files via DLNA and not worry about anything but enjoy the music is what I do everyday during summer break. Play and forget it. I have not touched my other DAPs for a long time, not even Kann since my Hawaii vacation. Thinking of dumping all of them but keep Opus #2 only.
I get it regarding the Opus #2. If I had the Kann first I would not need another DAP. I had the Opus #2 first and then later I received the Dita Audio Dream. The Dream enjoy power and the Opus #2 on balanced, high gain(it is default high) has good volume but the authority isn't there and the Kann can easily drive with authority. I still have both DAP's presently. Based on sound quality alone as the only criteria I would choose Opus #2. However based on sound quality, driving power, and storage I would keep the Kann. The software on both are great, UI great. The battery sipping of the sleeping Opus #2 is pretty awesome while the big battery in the Kann is pretty awesome. If I sold the Dream tomorrow and didn't need power I would probably keep the Kann as you never know in the future what you may purchase.

Jul 13, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #583 of 1,185
IMG_3389.JPG

I am also enjoying Opus#2

Jul 13, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #584 of 1,185
Jul 13, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #585 of 1,185
It's good to know that you guys are still around. I was afraid that most of you already sold you #2 and got something newer. If anyone is streaming from NAS, do I have to use DLNA only or I can mount NFS or SMB? I use QNAP NAS and there is an app for android available in play store. Can I get apk and just install it? Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back